“elegant room”

Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
north providence
“elegant room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2009

It was our friends 21st birthday and we wanted to give him something special. We booked the room at a reasonable price, we packed our swim trunks(as they have an indoor pool and jacuzzi) grabbed some liquor and chips ,and headed for the hotel.
When we arrived we were greeted as though we were old friends, this made me feel very comfortable.
Our room was lagre as well as the beds. My friend is 6foot 8 inches and he did not once hit his head on a door jam nor did he have to slouch to have a good fit in the room , the ceilings were suprisingly high.
hte room held all the company we had during our stay with a place for everyone to sit .
I was very impressed.
The only dissapointment was the breakfast was not included.
All in all the stay was exceptional and we will be staying there again .
I would like to add that John the front desk associate was wonderful.

• Liked — spacious
  • Disliked — no breakfast included
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank whomamamaria

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2008

We stayed here on the last night of our trip for the proximity to the airport and really enjoyed our stay.

For an aiport hotel, the rooms were quiet and clean and provided coffee makers and a small refrigerator.

The hotel staff was very helpful with restaurant recommendations and even offered us some restaurant coupons.

The next time we leave out of Providence, I would be more than willing to stay at this hotel again.

Stayed August 2005
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2008

Purpose of my trip: Business (we were actually renting one of their meeting rooms for TWO weeks.

Length of stay: 5 nights

Frequent stay status: Marriott Silver Elite

Postives:
- Excellent front desk staff
- Close to PVD (Providence Airport)
- 24 hour "market," (just some snacks and non-alcoholic drinks)
- Beer and wine sold for a very reasonable price during evening hours
- Comfy bed

Negatives:
- Over promised / underdelivered
- Disregard to customer loyalty / service
- Poor room conditions
- Lack of follow-up when a commitment’s been made
- Disgusting practices (Lack of room cleaning)

The entire front desk staff was amiable and accommodating. If I knew all of their names, I would give kudos to all of those I encountered who worked behind the desk. There's a breakfast served ($10), but I stuck to the cereals, yogurts, and juices sold at their "Market." There wasn't a great selection, but enough to find something you'd want to eat. Their selection of beer in the evening ($2.50/local; $3.50/import) was about as well as any other place I went to during my stay (unfortunately, this isn't saying much). Checking out was a breeze and the shuttle took (probably) less than 10 minutes to get me back to PVD. This is where my positives end.

Shuttle pickup from the airport:
When I called, I was told that the shuttle would be there in 10 - 15 minutes. I arrived late Sunday night, there was little to no traffic on the roads. The Shuttle arrived over half an hour after my call (I was going to give it 45 minutes - I had my phone out when the shuttle pulled up). Had I known that the shuttle was actually going to take this long, there would be no qualm. Expecting that it was, however, left me waiting out in the cold dark with misty precipitation and wind. Nice.

Checking in:
I was leading a meeting during the week; we had rented one of the Courtyard's meeting rooms for the week. I was told that the Banquets managers wanted to come in to talk to me when I checked in. I asked the front desk to have her call me when she came in (so I could go to my room and unpack). I waited an hour in my room with no call. When I went back to the front desk, they said she had just left and were perplexed as to why she didn't call me. I was equally perplexed.

Room:
A room is a room... I didn't report this to the front desk, but mine was in pretty poor shape. It was also on the first floor (my profile says that I prefer a "high floor" room). I would expect (considering the "Silver," elite status and the fact that we had rented a meeting room for two weeks or even the fact that I am a PAYING CUSTOMER...) that my preferred room type would be met. For some context, I used to work a front desk; when you do, you know which rooms are nice and which ones need some TLC. My room had peeling wallpaper and the shower curtain rod needed to be screwed in a little more tightly (really, it looked like it was about to detach from the wall of the shower completely). The plug-ins at the work desk (attached to the lamp) in the room were very loose and I had to connect my charger and laptop to the plug underneath the desk as the plugs on the lamp were next to non-functional. This necessitated the ritual of getting on my hands and knees every night just to get a laptop or phone charged.

Cleaning practices:
I wanted to use the coffee mugs in my room, but didn’t know whether or not I should use them (due to a news exposé about hotel cleaning practices). I actually decided to use it to drink tea. There was a sticker on the bottom that said the mug was “microwave safe,” and I wrote my initials on it. When I came back after the room cleaning, the same mug (as indicated by my initials) was turned over and placed back on the tray as if it had been cleaned (I had also left a tea bag in the mug - this was removed). This is defnitely a deal breaker; I'll never use a hotel mug again (at least, not before I do a personal test on it...)

In regard to this I talked to José at the front desk – he should be commended as he handled the situation with great professionalism and tact. In addition, he took ownership of the situation – he told me that HE was sorry, that it should have never have happened and that HE was going to talk to the right people to try to ensure that it wouldn’t again. Although, he also told me that he was going to give me an extra points boost for my inconvenience which has yet to have been seen.

I’ve enjoyed Marriott hotels in the past. My position that keeps me on the road a good deal (I’ll probably be staying in hotels another 25-35+ nights this year). Another experience like this would effectually dissuade me from using a Marriott again. I'll certainly attempt to dissuade my co-workers from staying at this particular Marriott for our next meetings.

Altogether, it wasn't a terrible experience, but it wasn't nice either.

• Liked — Front Desk Staff
  • Disliked — Check out my review - it's pretty obvious.
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank GTwilley
pawtucket
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2008

This Courtyard Had A Warm Welcome As Soon As I Walked Through The Door. A Gentleman By The Name Jose Was A Great Help With The Area Attractions. Especially for My Kids. He made them very happy while they stayed here and was a great help also with putting together a puzzle.(Great With Kids). The buffet was great and so was the kitchen staff.

Stayed December 2007
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2007

This is a nice Courtyard Hotel because it's set in trees away from the road and freeway, so has a quiet setting even though it's less than 10 mins. from Providence Airport. Good place to stay for business in the area.

Quick check in. Rooms are very comfortable, homey, clean and functional including free broadband.

Jose at front desk was very helpful with restaurant directions.

For breakfast, instead of boring motel breakfast, get some local warmth and color at nearby Jefferson's Diner, just several blocks East on Jefferson Road. Great spot.

Two outstanding dinner restaurants in Providence: Hemenway's (seafood); XO (great steak).

Enjoy!

Stayed October 2007
Roanoke, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2007

Stayed here for what turned out to be two nights before my flight finally left town. Staff was great, rooms (two check-ins in two nights) were great. There's a nice little steakhouse next door - with a talking buffalo (can't get that everywhere). Good business stop all things considered.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank BlueSkies500
Southington, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2007

Nice property. Easy access off I-95. The room was nice and clean. And comfy. A king bed with a pullout couch, microwave, refrigerator. I will say that the refrigerator froze all my stuff overnight. The staff was friendly, courteous and went out of its way to make me feel comfortable. My first-floor room was quiet. The breakfast buffet was only $10.95 for scrambled eggs, made-to-order omelet, pancakes, sausage, a nice cut fruit buffet -- all top shelf. I only spent one night at the hotel and was picked up by a local friend for my dinner and night out in Providence, so I'm not sure what all is nearby. A Bugaboo Creek restaurant is in front of this hotel.

• Liked — The bed was soft enough I could sleep
  • Disliked — The only restaurant nearby was a Bugaboo Creek
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled solo
1 Thank ShowHorseFan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warwick
Hilton Garden Inn Providence Airport/Warwick
#4 of 12 in Providence
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,360 reviews
Providence Marriott Downtown
La Quinta Inn & Suites Warwick Providence Airport

Been to Courtyard Providence Warwick? Share your experiences!