“Okay for what it is”

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Cary, North Carolina
“Okay for what it is”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Let's face it, this is an average hotel. The rooms were comfortable enough, but basic. The bathroom was TINY. The sink is to the right when you first walk in through the door, which could be awkward depending on who you are staying with. Luckily it was just my husband and son so it was fine. The room was clean enough, but there was a hat left on the side table from a previous guest that was never taken out, the bathroom had a few stray hairs in the shower (yeah, I skipped taking one there and took one at the house of the family that I was visiting) and there were your typical average "stains" around on the walls, floors and on one of the coverings. However, that being said, it wasn't enough to send me packing out of the room because I sort of expected it in this older, 2 - 2 1/2 star hotel for which I was paying a relatively cheap rate. Be forewarned, the site I booked through (Hotwire) rates this as a 3 star hotel - which it isn't. Not in any way, shape or form. Oh - the walls are THIN! And the floors apparently aren't any better considering the people above us sounded as if they were dancing all night.

The breakfast was okay, my son loved it, and I could find enough healthy options to fill me up. They did have fruit like peaches, apples and bananas as well as low fat yogurt which was good compared to the less healthy version of processed danish, full fat cream cheese and waffles. The eggs were absolutely disgusting, I can't see how people were eating them but it must have been the amount of ketchup I watched everyone put on them.

Again, I knew what I was getting in to, I wanted to save money, and I did. I didn't feel uncomfortable there but I wouldn't stay again. I usually stay at the Radisson next door but they were booked so I took something less expensive. Overall, it was "okay." I'm not sure it is for a family vacation, but I can see it doing the job for a business trip which is great for easy in, easy out to the airport as it is close.

Room Tip: Go with a higher floor so you don't have anyone above you.
1 Thank Nepatsfan01
HeatherMcDermott, Manager at Best Western Airport Inn, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Nepatsfan01-
Thank you very much for your review. We have had a staff meeting to go over the issues that you have pointed out to us. Thank you for staying with us and I hope that you have a nice rest of your summer.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
Reviewed 21 August 2013

The location of this place is convenient, the staff is awesome, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. With my Priceline booking, this was a very good decision.
I am travelling with my daughter(17) and she likes it.
We are here for a "dad-daughter" getaway and so far so good!

Mike-
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review about the stay. I am happy that we could provide an excellent stay for you and your daughter. I hope the rest of your trip was enjoyable and that we see you again very soon!

taunton, United States
Reviewed 21 August 2013

stay park & fly accomodations were perfect for when flying out of Green airport. The shuttle service started promptly when stated and the driver was very courteous. Every hotel employee that we interacted with was polite and professional

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Paul-
I am happy to hear that you used our stay, park, and fly package. It provides ease of mind when you are traveling that way you do not have to worry about your car while you are away. I hope you had a pleasant trip. I hope you stay with us again in the future.

Parlin, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

Wonderful greeting, excellent room and honored my requests. The shower head was the best I can ever remember in my travels AND at home. Directly off and on 95. Spacious room, compfy bed. Wish the Wifi was a bit stronger, but we managed fine, we were away from the elevators down the hall. Everything else was perfect. Larger refrigerator than expected, a nice perk. We had a lovely time. Would definitely return. I just hope, after all these glowing reviews, they will have a vacancy. Ooh, one more thing. We once stayed close by at a different hotel, when we tried to recall different aspects of it all we could recall was the lobby, not even our room. The room, lobby, food and shower head really made an impression.

Stayed August 2013
Pam-
Thank you for the wonderful review. I am happy that you liked the room you were in and you had a lovely stay with us. We are in the middle of our busy season right now with summer and now the beginning of Fall but if you give us a call ahead of time we should have a room for you. I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer and we see you back here very soon!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

This is an airport hotel right off the highway in mid-RI. It is convenient to Providence, Newport and the RI beaches. There are many restaurants nearby and the staff is top notch. Always clean and the light breakfast offering is convenient.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

HeatherMcDermott, Manager at Best Western Airport Inn, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Thank you for staying with us when you were in town for business. It is nice to receive a review about our staff and how much you enjoyed your stay. I hope we will see you again in the future

Verona, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 August 2013

A week ago before our stay, I called to reserve two cribs, one in each of the two rooms booked. When we checked in late (like 10 pm) on Aug 10, the front desk staff told us they were running out of cribs. The lady and the genetleman were very friendly and told me "We apologize; we'll see what we can do". Initially I thought that they probably would give me something like $20 credit for use next time (which is useless) but then the gentleman drove to a Walmart to get two pack-and-play cribs in half an hour and delivered to our room!!! This was superb!!! They were able to honor the hotel 's promise by doing extra work! I have no doubt I will stay again in this hotel if I stop by in this area again. BTW I did not have a chance to say thank you in person beacuse I was taking a shower when the cribs were delivered and when I went to the lobby afterwards, the two nice persons left already. Just want to tell both of you here- THANK YOU. I APPRECIATE A LOT. YOU DID A GREAT JOB. If the hotel manager sees this, please do let them know that they are the best employees!

JFTWNJ-
Thank you for the great review that you left for us. It was a pleasure to see that our employees went above and beyond for you. I shared your review with our employees as it is always nice to hear from one of our guests. I do hope that when you come back to the area you will stay with us again. Hope you had a safe trip home and enjoy the rest of your summer.

Fitchburg
Reviewed 12 August 2013

A clean, comfortable place to stay. All the basic amenities and a helpful, friendly staff. The breakfast offered plenty to get the day started. Very quiet considering TF Green airport is right next door.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

HeatherMcDermott, Manager at Best Western Airport Inn, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
revlaurajean-
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and you took the time to write a review. I am glad you enjoyed the hot breakfast in the morning and that you had a good nights sleep. We hope that you will stay with us again when you are in the area.