“Great place”

Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Great place”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Work conference was hosted at this property. Amazingly wonderful food, both during the conference and in the bar. Housekeeping, front desk, and all areas of food and beverage were on top of their game. I would have liked to stay for pleasure, but the hotel made every accommodation to make our group feel at home. If your looking for a hotel to host meetings, this would be the place. Hotel had 8 different meeting going on while my company was also hosting our own meetings (150) of us.. This place is massive! Thanks too for great customer service from front desk and all the guys that took our group around town in the hotel shuttles, simply amazing customer service in every way!

1 Thank buckiguy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Rome, NY, United States
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I stay at this property every chance I get. It is top shelf! The grounds are beautiful and the hotel itself is attractive. The lobby is very nice. The restaurant is super and the lounge is one is the nicest around. You cannot go wrong by staying here. One slight draw-back. It's too nice. It's so nice they have a lot of conferences there. That means they busy.

Room Tip: The breakfast buffet is very nice.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I wouldn't normally stay at a Crowne Plaza, but several other hotels in the area were fully booked and the hotel was posting a competitive rate.

My room was nice and comfortable, check in staff were efficient and friendly. I got a B&B rate which entitled me to order anything (or even multiples) from the breakfast menu. This is a very good deal and is recommended.

My shower had four shower heads and two control levers. This sounds crazy but I wish it had come with instructions, it took me a while to figure it out.

The rate was a bit pricey for my expense account so I'm not sure I would stay at this property on my next visit to Warwick but it would only be because of the rate.

There was plenty of parking although after returning from dinner each evening I had to park a remarkable distance away from the front door.

Middlefield, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Rising up off the side of I-95 you see this massive structure. The entry is immense and the staff at the front desk are very helpful. The hotel does host alot of meetings and it has a great deal of parking but it can feel crowded as I was there to attend a conference. The rooms are immaculate and well appointed. Mine had a king bed and a desk though I needed to have a fridge. The restraunt's food was really good and ample in size and portion. Great variety. This hotel is easy to get to and is one exit from the TF Green Airport in Warwick. A great place to stay if you are travelling by air. I can't say enough about the staff and their rewsponsiveness.

1 Thank Christine_B_12548
Toronto
Reviewed 10 September 2013

This is a nice, well kept and clean property. The lobby is very large and impressive. The onsite restaurant is also very good, better than the average hotel restaurant.

I was upgraded to a better room, which was very spacious and nicely appointed. Everything was very clean, the bathroom large with two sinks, and the bed was very comfortable. Wide selection of tv stations on a flat screen (although rather small) tv, and wifi was fairly fast. There isn't much within walking distance, so if you don't want to drive, you will have dinner at the hotel, which is good.

A couple of small complaints: the lighting in the bathroom and work area is a bit dim. Also, there was no fridge in the room. Lastly, the very quiet air conditioner and good bed made for a great nights sleep. Unfortunately, as my room was across from one of the banquet rooms, I was awakened very early to very loud and laughing staff setting things up for the 8:00 am conference.

This is a decent place to stay, but get a room that is not on the first floor, near the banquet / conference rooms.

1 Thank ToSquareBob1
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear ToSquareBob1,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I'm truly delighted you liked your room accommodation. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I would like to offer a sincere apology for the inconvenience noise had caused you and regret that you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Edison
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Wow.. We loved the hotel. It was grand, the location was scenic, the employees were courteous and the amenities were new. The lounges were wider and pleasant. A well lit spacious dressing area was a real plus. Given that the hotel hosts weddings and corporate meetings, I can see that it would be very helpful. And we needed milk in the middle of the night and the 24-hour service did the trick for us.

But we sure can have these amenities. A Jaccuzzi would have been a nice to have, given they have a heated pool. After a long day of walking and biking we were longing for that.

Another thing the hotels (a futuristic suggestion) to have is a blue ray player probably with their own Netflix kind of streaming account, if we ever wanted to watch something not in their TV channels that would be an attractive feature.

Wish we could go back for a longer stay...

Room Tip: The view is better from the higher floors (as always)...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Long Island
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We attend 7-10 bridge tournaments a year. Some of the hotels are good and some aren't. The Crown Plaza is a four star hotel. The rooms are nice furnished, bathrooms have beautiful tile. Best of all the beds are very comfortable. It was raining cats and dogs and a receptionist volunteered to lend me her umbrella. The wind was very strong and broke the umbrella. Helen said"don't be concerned, I have another one. That is service. Breakfast was excellent and very fairly priced.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends