“Great 'Park and Fly' and Good Management and Service”

Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza to avoid delays in catching my flight the next morning during the freak Jan 2014 winter storm in New England. This hotel is managed well and everyone working here had the highest regard for professionalism and service. During the storm, I heard directly that some workers were given rooms to stay at in the hotel for safety and for practicality so that they wouldn't be late for their shift the next morning. This forward planning makes good business sense for guests. I had no issues checking in and receiving my Platinum Priority room upgrade. My upgraded room was clean and very comfortable. This Crowne Plaza offers a complimentary 'park and ride' service to PVD where you can stay the night, leave your car parked in their open lot, and the hotel will shuttle you to and from the airport for free. When I returned from my trip just after the storm, I found that the Crowne Plaza had already de-iced and dug my car out of the snow. This unexpected gesture just emphasizes the great service and management prevalent at this hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I have been to this hotel a few times for my work's quarterly offsite meetings. I have always had a good experience so I thought it was about time I write a review. I'm writing this review from a work perspective. I'm more local than others in my group so I drive to this hotel. I like the ability of being able to park and then my car stays there till I'm ready to leave. There are plenty of meeting rooms that can accommodate any size group. We had formal meetings in the big ballroom and dinners and lunches in smaller rooms which where more intimate. The food that the hotel provided was always delicious and there was always something for every food restriction. The first night I arrived my smaller group decided to have a dinner about 5 minutes away - the hotel shuttle provided a ride for us to and from the restaurant. The bar at the hotel is very nice. I personally like the smaller sitting areas they have with the fireplace, it provides a better talking atmosphere then a typical bar.
The rooms are always clean and comfortable, I have stayed over 4 times and I have never had an issue with anything in my room.
I can't comment on the price of the rooms as my work pays for the accommodations but I can say that due to my experience if I was to travel to somewhere else I would definitely stay at another Crowne Plaza hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 December 2013

There for a seminar. Need to log and enter a long password for the wifi in the conference room. Never have to do this at other conference centers. They killed a forest printing off access code sheets. The hotel serves Pepsi products. Could not find a vending machine on the entire 1st floor. It was faster to walk over to the Shell / Dunkin Donuts across the street then to get a snack in the hotel.

Our lunches for the conference was "on our own dime" but they did have a $11.95 lunch? yea right. We ran over to subway for a faster better sandwich.

Room Tip: Go to Shell Gas Station which has a Dunkin Donuts or Stop and Shop Supermarket both just a short wal...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Dillboy,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the policies of the seminar prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 1 December 2013

A great place to stay. Food at conference meetings and restaurants was very good. Very pleased. Shower pressure was a bit weak, though. If you are planning a conference I would highly recommend it. I think there were 3 or 4 conferences going on at the same time and all seemed to be running smoothly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Going to conference hotels can be a let down. The Crown Plaza in Warwick was definitely not your typical "airport: or conference hotel.
Rooms were big with lots of room to spread out. Large bathrooms counters with good lighting and space to move around for two.
I had the pool to myself in the morning for a swim. Pool was clean but too small to swim laps. Would be great for family to enjoy because it was no deeper than 5 feet and compact.
While the meal we had in the bar on Sunday night was just okay, my husband said the conference luncheon buffet was very good.
This hotel is so convenient for getting around the area,

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel more than once. Our company has a negotiated rate of $95, but the street rates are not much higher. The rooms are renovated and a very good size. The price of the room includes a free appetizer as well as continental breakfast. The breakfast selection is very good. Besides the usual selection of bagels, scones, muffins and cereal, there is also yogurt as well as smoked salmon. You can also pay an additional $8 for the hot food. We did not use the pool, but it looked nice. I've heard good reviews for the wedding services. Wifi is free, which is a huge plus in my book! Two small issues - the heat/AC in my room was loud and woke me up several times at night; I was travelling with my toddler who sleeps in a pack and play, which was not available at this hotel. It is a pretty standard item, I was glad I called ahead to ask.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I found the room to be neat, clean and well-appointed. The room was always cleaned by 11AM. The best thing about the bathroom was the shower pressure and the how quickly you received hot water.
The restaurants on site were a bonus and served very good food. The conference I attended there was well organized and the food served was very appetizing.
I had difficulty getting onto their wifi several times but the response time of the internet tech in coming to my room was first class.
What spoiled my overall experience was how I was greeted and checked in. I got to the hotel before 10 AM and witnessed the guest before get checked in with the comment from the agent that they had a few rooms that were done. When I approached the front desk I was told that I could not check in because there was no available rooms. I commented that I saw the person before me get checked in, to which the reply was yes that was the only room. I asked when should I come back and was told at 3 pm. I could not be checked in before 3 pm. At 11:50 as I was going by the lobby I saw groups of people being checked in ( by the same agent ). When another person approached from the inner office I asked if there was a manager. She stated she was the manager, I asked to speak with her.
She told me I had to wait then she proceeded to check in other guest even those that arrived after I had asked to speak with her. She was at first rude and combative with me when I again asked when she would service me. I ended up having to call the corporate office.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Shelly A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Shelly A,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us.I appreciate the kind remarks on our rooms. Please accept our sincere apology for the overall dissatisfaction you experienced and we regret for the inconvenience our staff at check in may have caused during your stay. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and rest assured, we will address this and will work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Again, thank you for your valuable feedback. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N