“Very close to the highway and major shopping attractions”

Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Very close to the highway and major shopping attractions”
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

The pool & pool area is neat and orderly. Rooms are average but the location is great! Close to the highway & 2 large shopping malls. During the summer time, the grounds are very well manicured with beautiful flowers everywhere. Overall, a good hotel but not very home like.

• Stayed July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear 120782,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and for staying with us. We are delighted to read you liked our location. We strive to provide our guests with an extraordinary experience and we are pleased to have the opportunity to do that for you during your visit with us. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope that you would consider us again on your next travel.

Connie D
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Augusta, Maine
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Crowne Plaza for a conference, while the overall facility is good, their guest service is poor. They give you the impression that they care with a nice letter on the night stand from the GM but that's as far as it goes.
After a very trying day I decided to simply order Dominos and watch a movie. About a 1/2 hour after ordering I got a phone call from the front desk alerting me to the fact that my pizza had arrived. I asked them to send the delivery to my room. I was told that was not possible due to security issues. Really? Then why when I arrived was I able to walk all around the facility and never once was I stopped or asked who I was and what I was doing.
If they really wanted to accomplish safety, guest satisfaction, and comfort then send an employee with the delivery person.
I travel all over the U.S. and have been doing it for 30 years and never have I run into this kind if policy. When I asked why, the response I got sounded like a recorded message from electronic attendant.
I wrote an email to the GM that said in his letter that he wanted to hear about our stay. His response? Crickets....nothing...guest service is all about handling issues properly when they arise. The guest services at this hotel are non existent. I will not be staying here again because it is quite evident that they are not concerned about their guests or their comfort.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Brusta60
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Dear Brusta60,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. We have sent you a private message addressing your concerns. I trust we can regain your confidence in our products and services.

Dhan M
Medford NJ
Reviewed 17 January 2014

This is a beautiful property has a great location rooms are up to date and remolded. 2 restaurants onsite both are 5 star. The lobby restaurants has a nice menu and great ambiance, Remington has a dinner menu that has something for everyone. While I was traveling on business I will mark this as a favorite stop in New England.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Matt K
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza to avoid delays in catching my flight the next morning during the freak Jan 2014 winter storm in New England. This hotel is managed well and everyone working here had the highest regard for professionalism and service. During the storm, I heard directly that some workers were given rooms to stay at in the hotel for safety and for practicality so that they wouldn't be late for their shift the next morning. This forward planning makes good business sense for guests. I had no issues checking in and receiving my Platinum Priority room upgrade. My upgraded room was clean and very comfortable. This Crowne Plaza offers a complimentary 'park and ride' service to PVD where you can stay the night, leave your car parked in their open lot, and the hotel will shuttle you to and from the airport for free. When I returned from my trip just after the storm, I found that the Crowne Plaza had already de-iced and dug my car out of the snow. This unexpected gesture just emphasizes the great service and management prevalent at this hotel.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
boston
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I have been to this hotel a few times for my work's quarterly offsite meetings. I have always had a good experience so I thought it was about time I write a review. I'm writing this review from a work perspective. I'm more local than others in my group so I drive to this hotel. I like the ability of being able to park and then my car stays there till I'm ready to leave. There are plenty of meeting rooms that can accommodate any size group. We had formal meetings in the big ballroom and dinners and lunches in smaller rooms which where more intimate. The food that the hotel provided was always delicious and there was always something for every food restriction. The first night I arrived my smaller group decided to have a dinner about 5 minutes away - the hotel shuttle provided a ride for us to and from the restaurant. The bar at the hotel is very nice. I personally like the smaller sitting areas they have with the fireplace, it provides a better talking atmosphere then a typical bar.
The rooms are always clean and comfortable, I have stayed over 4 times and I have never had an issue with anything in my room.
I can't comment on the price of the rooms as my work pays for the accommodations but I can say that due to my experience if I was to travel to somewhere else I would definitely stay at another Crowne Plaza hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 18 December 2013

There for a seminar. Need to log and enter a long password for the wifi in the conference room. Never have to do this at other conference centers. They killed a forest printing off access code sheets. The hotel serves Pepsi products. Could not find a vending machine on the entire 1st floor. It was faster to walk over to the Shell / Dunkin Donuts across the street then to get a snack in the hotel.

Our lunches for the conference was "on our own dime" but they did have a $11.95 lunch? yea right. We ran over to subway for a faster better sandwich.

Room Tip: Go to Shell Gas Station which has a Dunkin Donuts or Stop and Shop Supermarket both just a short wal...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Dillboy,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the policies of the seminar prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 December 2013

A great place to stay. Food at conference meetings and restaurants was very good. Very pleased. Shower pressure was a bit weak, though. If you are planning a conference I would highly recommend it. I think there were 3 or 4 conferences going on at the same time and all seemed to be running smoothly.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business