“Worked for us”

Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Quiet hotel with a huge room. Comfortable bed, with clean linens. No tea with the coffee pot the day I was there and i was surprised by the listed 21% gratuity + $2 service charge + 8% taxes on breakfast delivery- This ain't the Ritz. If you need to charge extra to walk down the hall to deliver food, maybe you shouldn't offer it in the first place. Just saying...

We had a seminar in the hotel and the meeting rooms were nice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was at the hotel for a conference and was told at check-in that they were short on rooms with two beds. I offered to take a room with one bed, and was I delightfully surprised with the room that I was given with a king bed and a small sitting area. The cleanliness was superior and the amenities did not disappoint; the high standards of the Crown Plaza brand were met and exceeded. My colleagues were impressed when I hosted a small committee meeting in my room because it was so large, clean and inviting. Mattress quality was great and everything worked well, including the refrigerator that was requested. Great experience!

Room Tip: I was on the 6th floor and it was quiet despite an airport close by.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Although I am fairly local, I came to the CP for weekend meetings. I know there are many functions at this convention center and thought our little group would be overwhelmed and forgotten. I could not have been further from the truth. The rooms are great. I stayed in a double double with my Mom as my guest. Sad that the beds are doubles and not queens, but they were very comfortable. And the room was big with comfortable furniture. The separated shower and sink areas was very nice - along with the two sinks. The hotel was very clean and the fitness and pools areas were great and practically empty. The free fresh fruit in bowls all around were appreciated by this guest. I needed that orange after my swim. The food at our two functions was very good - not the standard stuffed chicken! and the drinks are quite reasonable. Got to have three instead of my budgeted 2!. Although I only live 20 minutes away, we will be back to play tourist!

Room Tip: Join the International Hotels Group Priority Club! I stayed on the third floor - my room was quiet a...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My family and I needed a comfortable place to stay for a weekend and originally booked this hotel solely for the location. It is situated near several restaurants, shopping and easy access to the highway and airport. I was very impressed with the grounds of the property as they were beautifully maintained and made me think it would be a great place to have a private party. Inside, the décor was just as impressive. The hotel was clean both in the lobby and in the room. The only thing I would say is that even during the middle of a sunny day the hallways were dim and a little dreary. We visited the pool and this area was also very well maintained and had large windows looking out to beautiful trees making you feel like you were outside. We were disappointed there was no hot tub as there were several signs indicating the rules of using it. You get a lot for the price here considering the very reasonable rates give you a comfortable, clean and more upscale stay than a lot of surrounding accommodations.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a conference and found the rooms and facility to be comfortable and the service at the front desk and restaurants to be friendly and efficient. The decor of lobby and hallways is a bit dark for a waterside town and outdated but everything was clean and maintained including the fitness and conference rooms. The stay was a good value at the price point.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear BuckeyeChef,

Thank you for your comprehensive review. I am so glad you enjoyed your overall stay with us. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge the staff concerned. I have taken note of your valuable comments regarding the decor and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

If you want to plan a wedding with an outstanding event staff, I do Highly Recommend this Hotel! Naomi Saint Germain, the Front Desk Manager, RUINED my originally anticipated 5 Star review of this Hotel with her unprofessional attitude, and rude comments when I told her about the noise and security issues I had during my 4 night stay. Because of her clear facetious "so sad too bad" taunt, I had to erase a Star and maybe the Hotel should do so as well... The End...

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Clean rooms. Friendly service, great location. Comfortable beds and nice workout area and pool. Quite a few children staying at the time but our room was quiet. Very conveniently located toward several shopping areas and quite a few food choices nearby.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family