“Good night sleep” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good night sleep”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

A decent night's sleep after a long day of driving through the northeast. The hotel is reasonably close to Providence and offers a fabulous breakfast buffet. The omelet station was a real highlight! The downside is Warwick ... not exactly a garden spot.

Room Tip: Get a high floor away from the lobby and conference area. It can get pretty noisy as this hotel hos...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank PinUpBoy
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear PinUpBoy,

Thank you for your review. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge their good stay. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast as well as the sleeping accommodations you received. However, I am sorry our location was not ideal for your visit. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Cranston, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

On Sunday, my cousin was having her bridal shower at the crown hotel in the glass garden room. The room and event was fabulous!! But as an event planner i have to say i have never seen such great hard working staff ever!!!! I first came in with a lot of pastries, (were Italian, we love our sweets!) The banquet planner Carlos was there to help! He put everything away in the coolers for me, later we had more desserts that arrived, he quickly came over and helped me with them, he was so nice and had a sense of humor too! " you're lucky we have 8 coolers for all these desserts! haha, Later in the event my mother dropped her wine glass on the floor and out of no where he was there sweeping and cleaning up the mess on his hands and knees with all his staff too!! He was on top of everything during the event. the food was excellent, the service was great. My kids did not like the "fancy food" Carlos noticed they weren't eating and brought out chicken nuggets and french fries for them! amazing! You should all be proud to have such an amazing team there at crown. that truly cares and a great leader! I didn't get a chance to thank him or the tall Spanish lady that was with him, but ill certainly be back for more events i'm sure, and maybe ill see them both! Thank You for making my cousins day special!

Christine

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Christine F
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We had a glitch with our reservation, but the woman at the front desk went out of her way to make sure that my friends and I were able to get the rooms that we needed. It is rare to experience such great customer service, especially considering that it was close to midnight when we arrived. I liked the toiletries that were provided in the rooms. Breakfast buffet was pretty good, although I wish they had some waffles or pancakes (they were only available as a la carte). They also had fruit in the lobby (apples and oranges), which I thought was nice. We also enjoyed time in their pool late into the night, and the staff was kind enough to let us stay in there a bit longer than its official closing time. Overall, I enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: First floor, near the lobby, can be a bit noisy, especially if they are hosting an event.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank ny807
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

My wife and I stayed four nights in May 2014 at the Crowne Plaza Providence/Warwick airport hotel. The location was perfect as it is just a five minute ride from the airport and the hotel provided a complimentary shuttle that was very timely. We were fortunate enough to stay on the fourth floor which is the quiet floor of this hotel, and except for seeing other patrons in the elevator or lobby I would’ve thought we were the only couple staying in the hotel, as it was that quiet. Check-in was extremely fast and smooth with a very courteous desk clerk. The King executive room was exceptionally clean, roomy, and we had a very nice window view over the extensive lawn and long driveway entrance to the hotel, which was beautiful as the trees were in full bloom with pink flowers. The quality and comfort of the bed, linens, and towels were pleasing and impressive. Our only disappointment was the mediocre service in the hotel dining room the first morning where we ate breakfast. That said, the quality and serving size of the food was very good, and the restaurant felt very upscale with relaxing music playing as we ate. This experience resulted in us not eating any additional meals in the hotel. We did visit the hotel’s lounge and found the drinks offered were priced quite reasonable, and the bartenders personable and attentive. The hotel had numerous conferences, weddings, and proms going on every day and evening during our stay. However, the quietness of our room and the response from the hotel team members to our few requests were exceptionally timely and professional and we were not impacted by the hundreds of people attending the facility. In summary, aside from our mediocre dining experience, I would say that from the shuttle drivers to the concierge, lounge and front desk team to the housekeeping team our experience was extremely enjoyable, and we would likely return on my next visit to Providence.

Room Tip: 4th floor is "quiet floor" ; no marching bands allowed.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank OldManBob
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

The hotel is nice, clean, quiet and has a decent bar area. The location puts you just a few minutes from basically everything the area has to offer. My biggest complaint would be the beds and pillows. Typical hard hotel bed and subpar tiny pillows.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Brad D
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at hotel for just one night as I attended a conference there at the hotel the next day. I arrived late evening and my check-in was prompt and friendly. I was recognized as a IHG Gold member and given amenities which in this case also included a room upgrade.

The room was very spacious with a very comfortable king bed and large bathroom with dual sinks. Everything worked well and the room was quiet allowing for a short but good night's sleep.

While I didn't eat in the restaurant, the food served at conference there was excellent. Didn't use the pool or exercise facility so I can't rate them. The staff was very friendly and helpful especially at check-in. Would definitely stay there again if I return to the area.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

The hotel is ok, and I was disappointed. One of the first tests is does the hotel do what they say they are going to do. I travel quite a bit for business and what I want when I check in late is the king size bed I reserved weeks earlier. Two double beds is not the same thing and I assume that as a minimum of a good hotel and an ok hotel. The bathrooms are very small. Beyond that the rates were reasonable, the staff was pleasant if it is convenient feel free to check in.

The other thing I found interesting, the room had a letter from the General Manager indicating how important feedback was to their success. While they did ask you to rate the hotel, the actual space available for feedback was pretty small, which makes wonder how interested they actually are in feedback. That may not be fair but it was my impression as I wrote. it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Scottsdale1
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Scottsdale1,

Thank you for writing a candid review. It is regrettable to read that you were not satisfied with your room accommodation. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned that we fell short of your expectations. Please know that that this is not reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves in. We have forwarded your concerns with the respective departments and will certainly take action to improve the quality and services we offer.

Once again, we thank you for staying with us. We are looking forward to an opportunity in serving you better on your next visit.

Kind Regards,