“Rooms and service Outdated..they shrunk my lanundry”

Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Airport
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Bangalore
“Rooms and service Outdated..they shrunk my lanundry”
Reviewed 10 December 2010

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. The rooms were very old. the HEating system did not want to work, instead would stop in middle of night and which can get really chilly in the room, they have some OLD fashioned units which badly need replacement. The room cleaning is not as per general Crowne standards.
I had given 2 pairs of my laundry, which they shrunk and when i complained..they said "we cant do anything as its a service provider"...common i dont care whos the service provider, i care that i am staying at crowne plaza. Was told someone from the laundry will call me, no one called and checked too.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed 24 August 2010

What a beautiful hotel! Not only the all the Itallian marble but the hotel staff were the industrys best !!! I want to go back to visit esp. Vinnie the bell hop,he completed my trip by directing me to all of the area attractions with a map in hand and sugestions of what to do while i was there! The hotel was the cleanest i have been in. The ball room staff was perfect and so was the food.The resturant and staff great too. Thanks for an incredible stay!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Virginia
Reviewed 25 July 2010

Stayed here for a week on a recent trip to the Providence area; my husband was in Warwick for work, while my teenage daughter and I were there to see the sights of the area. The hotel is pretty centrally located and easy to get to from the highway. I found it rather easy to get into Providence, so we were able to catch the train to Boston for a day trip. Also, easy to get to Newport for a nice day trip. There are several decent restaurants on the waterfront area of Warwick, which is close by. We did not fly into the Providence airport, but I understand that it was very close as well...so the location is certainly one of the high points of the hotel. The hotel has many large ball rooms and conference rooms, as well as a huge outside tent for events. So, it obviously attracts many local weddings, receptions, parties, and conferences. There were large groups at all times in the hotel, and the lobby gets quite crowded. The hotel seems rather old, but that would not be a problem with me if everything worked properly. The air conditioning was probably the main problem...the hallways were not air conditioned and they were really uncomfortably hot. The elevators were hot, and always crowded. Often we had to wait for two or three elevators to pass our floor, they were too full to get on...so we stood sweating in the hallway, then crammed in a full elevator, sweating some more. The air conditioning did not work in our room either...we called the front desk and they were very polite and the maintenance man showed up within seconds. He fixed the problem the first night...but it made a huge racket all night. Lucky for us, I guess, because we were awakened at midnight by our neighbors having a huge fight, and the A/C was probably masking a bit of the noise...we called and complained, once again the front desk was apologetic and polite and said they would send security at once. We had to call back a second time because nothing was done, the fighting was so terrific they were throwing things against the wall...none of us got any sleep the first night. The next morning my husband went to the desk to complain about the noise, they assured us the party next door would be checking out and not to worry...my husband needed to work the next day and we all really needed to get a decent night of sleep. Funny, they advertised our floor as a "quiet zone." The next day, the A/C in the room quit again...the repair folks responded promptly once again, and we were back in business. We left the room for them to fix it this time, and when we returned it was finally cool. The room A/C obviously needs to be replaced, it never worked properly and it always made so much noise we had to sleep with pillows over our head. The beds are rather uncomfortable...once again, a bit out dated. The pool area was clean as were the excercise rooms, the hot tub did not work. The folks at the desk were always pleasant as were the staff in the restaurant. However, I would not recommend the hotel based on the crowds and level of disrepair of some of the amenities. If you are staying there for an event, it would probably be sufficient.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Oregon
Reviewed 12 July 2010

I was only here for a night so I don't know how helpful I can be. The lobby and rooms are very nice for an airport hotel. There was plenty of room to spread out for work. My main concern was the HVAC. The thermostat is on the wall but the room is serviced by an old wall unit. When I wanted to sit on the couch I would have to turn the unit temp down to 65 to be comfortable. But when I needed to work on my computer on the desk which was right next to the unit I was freezing.

Also walls seemed thin. I could hear the person next door throwing up all night.

On the plus side the lobby was very attractive and the room itself almost could have been a suite.

My opinion is still out because I have not tested the competition.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
florida
Reviewed 12 July 2010

I am completely ambivalent about this hotel.

First- the lobby is beautiful and the rooms are very nicely appointed with a full couch and marble sinks and bathroom. Room service is prompt, but don't expect anything extra like a glass of water or a lime for you Corona.

The rooms really are quite lovely- but this hotel is much further from the airport than other "airport hotels". Much much farther. Waited for the shuttle for a very long time. Shuttle driver wasn't rude, but definately wasn't friendly. Front desk wasn't rude, but fast enough and clipped enough that it could be taken that way.

All considering I will probably change to the Hampton on my way out. I did not find this worth the extra wait and longer drive.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Chicago
Reviewed 9 July 2010

The bedding in my room wasn't chnged from the last guest(s) & had a terrible body odor. Be very very careful if you stay here, because the manager was nowhere to be found & when he finally did call me 2 days later, basically told me I was a lair.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 14 June 2010

For the third time in four years I have had the pleasure of staying in this hotel & I will always return. The 'front yard' and street access still drops my jaw. Real nice grounds that start the relaxation process right off the main road.
The front desk staff is always helpful, professional, pleasant & very easy on the eyes.
They are to be commended by management for there posturing. In fact, I have never run into an employee at this hotel that is in any way unpleasant or 'short' with me. Even the late nite bar staff ( male & female) Saturday made it all look easy as pie after being barraged by post wedding drinkers. Quite a crowd that was well taken care of...including myself and others that were in shorts & polo shirts (not suits) just sitting watching the TVs.
The rooms are fine & comfortable if not a bit Spartan. Very quiet and simple /w/ two double beds (very comfortable) which suited us fine as we were three only staying one nite. I like the very tall windows - make the room feel bigger that it is.
My only thoughts are: a small frig would be a nice touch, the CRT TV needs to go in favor of a LCD HDTV @ about 30", the temp controls need tweaking as they don't exactly work in concert /w/ the wall thermostat. No biggies here.
The bathroom area is fine & functional nothing to rant and rave about except that the sink / shaving / makeup area has plenty of workspace. Nice shower head - very big.
The bar is very dark, woody & comfy. Although it has a real 'masculine' feel, it didn't seem to bother all the 'little black dresses' from the wedding or the local ladies that drifted in for a couple of drinks to see and be seen. The appetizers looked great as I saw mozzarella, chicken & mexican food work their way around the bar. The eaters had no trouble proving my point.
In closing, give this place a look when in town unless you crave a 5000 sq ft fitness club and an 8 lap Olympic sized pool.
Both were small and adequate /w/ me - as was my stay.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family