“Clean, comfortable, quiet....but...”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Clean, comfortable, quiet....but...”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed here on 12/20/2013. Friday night. Hotel was clean, comfortable, and quiet. I normally don't opt for airport hotels, but did not notice any noise. I fell asleep very quickly, which is not normal when I am traveling.

However, the hotel advertised Starbucks coffee. I have consumed Starbucks all over the globe, and this was easily the worst I have ever had. Plus, they charged for it, which I wouldn't have minded had it been real. I would not be surprised if this had been Folgers or worse.

Great for the hotel. Bad for the Starbucks convenience.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Andrew T, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Providence Airport, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time review your stay! I am glad you found our hotel to be clean, comfortable, and quiet; however, I am truly sorry that our Starbucks Coffee fell short of your expectations. I have sent you a private message in the hopes of gathering more information about your stay, and to offer you a cup of coffee on us when you return. I am confident that you will experience the quality you have come to know and expect. Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 December 2013

it was such a memorable stay as the hotel staff helped us make our class reunion a huge success. Every detail of the event was meticulously plan to perfection. Our meet and greet and gala night was made so special..A heartfelt gratitude to the group sale department for so accomodating to our personal needs.

Room Tip: the executive suite room was great and spacious. Easy access to the garden and parking lot.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience! I am delighted that we were able to help make your event special and memorable. I have shared your kind words with our sales and banquet teams who were all delighted as well. We hope to see you again soon!

Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We ventured away from our usual hotel to give the Radisson a chance. What a mistake. Although the young staff was lovely (many of them trainees from Johnson and Wales), the room was dark and not clean. We learned this when my handicapped mother dropped her medication and when I went onto the carpet to retrieve it and throw it out, I found a roach!. We called immediately and they apologized and offered another room but we decided it was best to leave. Were we glad we did since as we packed up the bags, I saw three more near the front wall of the room......UGH!!!
Sorry, no excuse for this at all.
We left to another hotel immediately and although we had a lot of help moving into the room, which I tipped handsomely, in departing no one front desk offered to help me take all the luggage as well as my mother in her wheel chair to the car.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sharon W
Andrew T, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Providence Airport, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the shortcomings you and your mother experienced at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us as it allows us the opportunity to prevent similar situations from occurring in the future. I am truly sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations. I hope that you will consider us and allow us the opportunity to regain your confidence in the future.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 18 October 2013

No we didn't win the lottery...but we hit it right when we chose this hotel. It is very clean and the rooms are super comfortable. The place is actually run by a local college (Johnson and Wales?)and thus the staff are students we found out later. Could have fooled us- they folks have it together! We spent our evenings at the Libations bar where we had awesome service.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Andrew T, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Providence Airport, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience! We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. As Johnson & Wales students, we truly love providing the kind of outstanding service that you spoke about above. We look forward welcoming you once again on your next visit to Rhode Island.

Woonsocket, Rhode Island
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My husband and I have stayed here a couple of times now and we both really, really like it. We only live about 25 minutes away, but there have been a couple of occasions where we just felt like we needed a night out of our own home. This time, we just wanted a quick, affordable night out around our anniversary. It is staffed by students from Johnson & Wales (both the restaurant and the hotel itself). Everyone is incredibly pleasant and eager to make sure everything is 'right'; that you are happy with your stay. This past time when we stayed, we were initially put in a room that did not have the correct bed; they were so apologetic and got everything in order promptly. When we get a room, we get the executive suite. Spacious, really comfortable & a whirlpool tub. Very affordable, considering the accommodations! (I feel like this room anywhere else in Providence or anywhere else for that matter, would be so much more costly) Also, their restaurant, "Libations" seems like a 'well-kept gem'. Hubby and I sampled many things during dinner and it was delicious and the staff was great. (We'd go and eat at the restaurant even if we weren't staying at the hotel!) It is a great, little hotel and I definitely foresee us going again (and again)!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MaBoogins
Andrew T, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Providence Airport, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you choose us for your mini getaways. As Johnson & Wales students, we are always thrilled when our passion makes for an amazing experience. We hope to see you again soon, whether for the night or just for dinner.

Denver, PA
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We attended a glass convention at the Radisson, Warwick and had an awesome stay. Service was excellent as was the food and the room. Everything was clean and comfortable. We found the beds very comfortable. The cleaning staff were extremely nice and helpful (rooms 181 and 182), as we needed some extra toiletries. My husband used the fitness room everyday, and said it was excellent. His only complaint was the limited volume of the TV with the machines running in the fitness room he could not hear the TV and did not have ear phones. At check in there was a little confusion (someone was already in a room that they gave my sister-in-law), however Ms. Imbararrato, Ms. Cohen, and Ms. Qu corrected the situation quickly. Some of the convention food was not very hot by the time we were served, perhaps better warmers could be used. All in all it was a pleasurable stay and experience. Thanks :o)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and wonderful photographs! Our entire team thoroughly enjoyed experiencing the beauty of Vaseline glass. I have passed your kind words on to the three ladies you have mentioned, as well as our housekeeping team. I have also shared your comments regarding the fitness center television and the banquet warmers. We look forward to welcoming you and your group next time you are in the area.

Highlands, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We spent one night at this hotel and every single time we were in a public space, be it the hallway, restaurant or lobby, all staff made us feel special by greeting us each time. Smiles were evident on all staff. We requested one item and between the time we left our room to the time we enter the lobby (seconds only), the gal came up behind us and said it had been taken care of. Food in the restaurant was delicious and served well. Only negative was sink was slow to drain and the stopper was black when we removed it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am delighted that our team was able to make you feel special during your stay. I have shared your feedback with our maintenance department so we may prevent a similar situation from developing in the future. We hope to see you again next time you visit Rhode Island.