“Great night stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Great night stay”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Needed to stay overnight in area. Had some Radisson points to use so my wife and I stayed there. Had a very nice stay at hotel. Come to find out that this property is owned and/or managed by Johnson and Wales University for their Hospitality degree program. Was very impressed with staff and service. It appears, with the exception of housekeeping and maintenance, students and young alumni are doing everything. Very impressed with the presentation and professionalism of these young staff members. Room was comfortable. Health center was comparable in size to other hotels in this range. Looked like all new or relatively new equipment. My wife and I had a very good breakfast both in presentation, quality, and value. Very satisfied with our visit and will stay here again when the need arises!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Andrew T, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Providence Airport, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your recent experience!

It is wonderful to hear how impressed you were with our team of students and staff. We are glad you had the opportunity to take advantage of our fitness center, and try our restaurant for breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
westerly
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I walked through the hotels cobblestone courtyard upon arrival and fell because their cobblestones are not level! There were approximately 6 staffers at the front desk,and a lady named Peg was the Only one who assisted in bandaging up my right knee{that wouldnt stop bleeding} She gave me ice for my right hand that has Now increased to 3x its Normal size from the horrible fall i sustained. My son later went to the front desk for extra bars of soap. The clerk said she would bring it to our room. After a 1 hour wait,my son phoned the front desk because she still didnt deliver the soap. When we arrived,the clerk asked if we needed a wake-up call. We said we Needed a 4:30 am wake -up call. They NEVER called us! The corridor outside our room was also noisy until 3am,so we Didnt sleep. The Radisson Shouldnt have charged me the $157 for the 1 night stay there after my TRAMATIC EXPERIENCE!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 13crystal
Andrew T, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Providence Airport, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
On behalf of our entire team here at the Radisson Hotel Providence Airport, we apologize for the concerns you have shared about your experience at our hotel. I have addressed your comments with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. We have credited the full amount of your room charge to your original method of payment.

We appreciate your feedback, and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can exceed your expectations.

Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We have used this hotel for the last several years when flying out of T. F. Green Airport. This is a Johnson and Wales college learning site and has at time a staff from around the world. There is also a staff of instructors who over see operations. In all the stays we have had, each has been excellent. Check in, room, front desk, food have always been perfect. One of the best features is the restaurant, they always put on the menu very interesting meals, Top shelf for sure. Van service is prompt and the vehicle spotless. It is an on demand so no waiting. I travel quite a bit and if all the hotels were like this one travel and staying in hotels would be a dream! Can't say enough as to how good it is, I look forward to returning.

Room Tip: I can't think of anything since the hotel is so well run.
Green Features: As best I can tell they make a good effort to help the environment
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review!

We are so happy to hear that all of your experiences staying with us have been excellent. We are glad you enjoy our students as much as we do! Thank you for pointing our our environmental efforts; we recently installed LED light bulbs in every bathroom!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Nantucket
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Travelling for our family always means a hotel stay the night before a flight out of TF Green and no place beats the Radison. Spent a restful night on beds that are more comfortable than the 5 star resort ones at our final destination. Hotel was booked to capacity but amazingly quiet. But the clincher ... customer service. My brain was already on 'vacation' mode when I realized, as I sat at my gate, that I had left my cell phone in the hotel room. Raced to the courtesy phones at baggage claim and called the hotel. Less than 10 minutes later practically donning a Superhero cape, Scott drove up with my cell phone. Made it back through security and to the gate where my coffee was still hot. Kudos to this organization for a job well done!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LizNantucket
Alyssa G, Manager at Radisson Hotel Providence Airport, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with our hotel team.

As Johnson & Wales students we strive to make each and every guest experience comfortable and memorable! I am thrilled Scott was able to provide superhero customer service even after you departed from our hotel. We hope that anytime you travel for your family you choose the Radisson! Thank you again for your review; we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Rhode Island
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This is the first time staying here. I have done Stay, Sleep, Park a few times before at a different hotel but wanted to try something different. So glad I did! The "other" hotel was just a room to sleep in before flying out. It was fine but nothing special. Right from check in, staff was so pleasant and helpful. I asked if I could keep my car parked behind the shuttle van until after check in and was told no problem. Front desk check in was quick and easy. I was given an orange parking tag to hang on my rear view mirror and was directed to park behind wooden fence in lot in rear of building for long term parking. You can park here for 15 days for free! The room rate is quite reasonable for what you get. Because I had joined Club Carlson, I was upgraded to a King Suite. Very, very nice. The biggest surprise is, they have room service. I mean most hotels around TF Green airport are just a place to sleep before flying out. But room service? It was also great for me as a single traveler to be able to eat dinner in the comfort of my own room. Did I mention this Radisson is owned by Johnson and Wales University, College of Culinary Arts? I got a small garden salad with a balsamic dressing and their Brick Roasted Statler Breast of Chicken. Even though the vegetables that came with it were different from what the menu said, it was very, very good. The chicken breast had a nice crispy skin and the purple fingerling potatoes sautéed with roast corn, snap peas, and cherry tomatoes with crumbled bacon was a nice surprise. I'm giving five stars, and I haven't even slept here yet. I guess I'll have to do another review tomorrow.

Room Tip: Can't hurt to ask for an upgrade.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Virginia M S
Thank you for taking the time to share your first experience while staying at our hotel!

We could not be happier to hear that you were impressed by our service and hospitality. Your satisfaction is important to every member of our team, and I am glad we were able to take such good care of you. Now that you are a Club Carlson Member we will always try to upgrade your room complimentary upon availability! I have shared your wonderful comments about Libations room service with the Executive Chef and Restaurant Manager. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back again next time you visit Warwick!

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 17 April 2014

What more could you ask for on a business trip? I stayed here for one week in March 2014. The front desk staff were extremely helpful and polite. I had booked my trip through Expedia, and could not get Club Carlson points. Alyssa Gergel (manager) offered a solution that would allow me to accumulate Carlson points. I really appreciated her creative solution and above and beyond willingness to help!.
The bar and wait staff at the restaurant were simply amazing! The most friendly people I met while in Providence!! Every food item I had was simply DELISH! I would definitely stay here again.
The only reason I did not rate 5 is that the physical layout of the hotel. If you are at the back of one of the wings, the front desk, restaurant and coffee bar are not very convenient. That is no reflection on the staff or rooms.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Kimberly S
Alyssa G, Manager at Radisson Hotel Providence Airport, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for writing a review and sharing your experience! Your kind words regarding myself and my team are greatly appreciated! In regards to your rating of a 4 and not a 5 I completely understand. Renovating over the years has left us with expanding toward the rear of the hotel which can be a distance away from the front desk. Thank you for acknowledging that it is no reflection on our staff or rooms. Thank you again for your review; we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Brockton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 April 2014

My friend and I stayed last weekend at this property as we were at a Scrapbooking Event held here. We were immediately greeted as we stepped through the door. The staff at the front desk were warm and welcoming. This continued throughout our stay. As we had quite a bit of luggage, mostly scrapbooking supplies, the porters took care of everything. There wasn't any question they couldn't answer. I particularly wanted to thank Nijat Halmurat, Bradly VanDerStad and Jianyi Sun, for their excellent customer service, and attentiveness. They certainly are an asset to the Radisson Company.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank cooktoy1
Alyssa G, Manager at Radisson Hotel Providence Airport, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Thank you for your review and for sharing your wonderful experience! I am delighted that we were able to help make your Scrapbooking event special and memorable. I have shared your kind words with Nijat, Bradly and Jianyi who were all delighted as well! As Johnson & Wales students we take pride in the services we provide to our guest. We hope to see you again soon!

Alyssa G