“Great Location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Parlin, New Jersey
“Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Our Hotel stay from 8/15 check out on 8/17 was not perfect. I still love the hotel, however the breakfast we had Saturday morning they brought us the wrong breakfast we had to eat it because we were pressed for time and had to get on the ferry to Block Island. Officially the server said she would reimburse a portion of our meal and after checking out we were not reimbursed for anything. So the Kitchen needs to be on point. This is not good the staff was friendly but you need to get the orders straight. Not happy with that. Most people raved about the food at your hotel. Some what dissapointed.

Room Tip: The hotel was great. The service at the restaurant was not what i thought
Green Features: I have no idea about there environmentally friendly practices.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Andrew T, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Providence Airport, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for your review!

We are disappointed to hear that your stay was less than perfect, but are glad that you love our hotel. I have sent you a message in the hopes of learning more about your stay, and to offer compensation for your inconvenience at breakfast. We regret that you had to leave us without being 100% satisfied, and want to make things right.

I look forward to hearing from you, and to welcoming you back next time you visit the area..

Guest Relations Manger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Tonawanda
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in early August. Upon arrival I was greeted by two professionally dressed young men from Johnson and Wales University. We travel frequently and rarely see the amount of courtesy and manners that these young men exhibited while checking me in. I was informed that we were upgraded to a "fantastic suite" and that it was "probably the nicest in the hotel". They were not lying when telling me this. The room was great and the kids loved it! The living area had at least a 50" TV and the bedroom also had a larger than expected TV..

The bathroom contained a whirlpool tub that my daughter just loved. The main room was very clean and appointed with a large dining table and ample furnishings. The staff realized that my kids may not want to share a pullout and sent a rollaway bed to the room immediately without us even asking. About 9 PM we received a phone call informing us that there was dessert waiting for us in the restaurant! We are Gold members of the Carlson program but this was far beyond our expectations.

The hotel does have a fairly well equipped fitness center but they also have an agreement with Healthtrax just down the street. This is a full service health club with weights, cardio equipment and a pool. When I inquired about using it I was even offered a ride! I declined and would have been embarrassed anyway because even though it three traffic lights away, it is probably only about 200 yards.

I realize some people will complain that the hotel is "older" or that it is "too close" to the airport but it truly is an excellent property with a great staff completing their studies at Johnson and Wales. The level of service, professionalism and accommodating nature of the staff should serve as a model to others in the hospitality industry.

Do not hesitate to stay here!

Room Tip: Room 224 was great!
1 Thank RScott20142014
Alyssa G, Manager at Radisson Hotel Providence Airport, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave such wonderful feedback on your recent stay.

We could not be happier to hear that you were impressed by our service and hospitality. Your satisfaction is important to every member of our team, and I am glad we were able to take such good care of you. Andrew and Peter were the two gentlemen who checked you in and were honored by your delightful remarks! They both demonstrate passion and professionalism that Johnson & Wales has grown to share with each student.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you and your family back again next time you visit Warwick!

Warwick, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

The hotel is clean and has old school charm. The staff is very young and friendly. If you can do without a pool and the free continental breakfast the competition offers (helped me stay on my diet) then this is a step up in class and service.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to review your latest stay.

We are a student run hotel from Johnson & Wales University, and take pride in the services that we provide to all of our guests! We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel! We hope you’ll return and stay with us again soon!

fairfax, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Room was clean with plenty space, the bathroom was clean and has window, so it looked bigger and brighter. Beds were comfortable. Staff members were nice and helpful. Only thing that I would do differently is stay on 2nd level (instead of 1st level). It happened that the people stayed above me walked a lot in the mid of night and checked out or walked up very early (around 4am). Their walking steps walked me up in the morning. Other than that, happy with the staying. Would stay again if travel to that area in the future.

1 Thank Bin X
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on TripAdvisor!

We are very happy to hear that your experience with us was positive, from the guestroom to our staff. For any future stay please let us know ahead of time when you will be arriving so we may pre-assign your room to the second floor. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Horn Lake, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

The most exceptional and professional staff I have encountered in my years of travel. The young man at the front desk calmed my nerves on several occasions by ensuring I accomplished all task required from booking an additional night, travel to the airport, internet, and rental car return

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to write a review!

We are pleased to hear that in all your years of travel you found our staff to be exceptional and professional! I believe it was Bradly who was able to assist you throughout your time with us. He was thrilled by your kind remarks! We hope you’ll return and stay with us again soon!

Bloomfield, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Radisson Hotel Providence Airport for one week while in town for work. Each time I entered the hotel, I was greeted with a smile and was welcomed from the front desk staff. Directions to the room were clear. In addition, my room was thoroughly cleaned each day. The front desk was extremely accommodating to my needs and always answered my questions. One front desk associate in particular went out of her way to find out an answer she did not originally know. I understand the hotel is operated by Johnson & Wales University; the students reflect the great reputation the school has for hospitality. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Andrew T, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Providence Airport, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Thank you for choosing the Radisson Hotel Providence Airport!

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding our service and facilities. As Johnson & Wales students, we are very passion in the work that we do, and I couldn't be happier that it resulted in such a positive experience. I am glad you found our front desk team so friendly and helpful in meeting your needs. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Guest Relations Manager
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We got a great deal for 3 nights in an executive suite. Rooms were spacious, clean, and staff was friendly. One thing not specified was that our jacuzzi was part of the shower in the bathroom, but it was still relaxing. Drive to Newport was simple and only 30 min away. Also, the pool isn't on the hotel property which wasn't specified.
Overall, it was an affordable hotel with great staff and well maintained grounds. The restaurant Libations exceeded expectations. Would return for a stay :)

Stayed August 2014
Thank you for your review!

We are so glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I have shared your comments regarding the whirlpool and swimming pool with our management team so we can work to clarify that information. We truly appreciate your feedback and hope you will visit us again soon!

Guest Relations Manager