“Excellent customer service”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Cape Cod
“Excellent customer service”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I know what people are saying in previous reviews about the area not being great, but the hotel itself maintains the property in accordance with most other Sheraton's I stay at. Their customer service at the front desk is excellent...not many places explain where everything is without you asking first...good job! The property and rooms were very clean and though the bed was rather hard, it did have the requisite pillow options and lovely comforters. Clean, Neat, well maintained, priced right and excellent customer service...what more could you ask for?

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Thank you for the nice comments. I understand people's feelings on the area, being close the airport makes for a lot of activity. We are passionate about the things we can control and focus on those service items to insure our guests have a great stay. Our team is wonderful and it is very kind of you to take the time to compliment them.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel on septmeber 7-8. I was really disappointed this is the worst Sheraton Ive ever stayed at: its smells bad ( I did see other reviews that said they stayed on the first floor and it smelled, I was also on the first floor), its old, carpets are stained (BAD), the clean sheets were stained and the area wasn't the best.
I must admit although I didn't like the hotel the staff was EXTREMELY nice and professional. If it wasn't for them this hotel wouldn't have gotten the one star.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Thank you for posting your review. We truly care about your experience which I hope was reflected in the service our front desk team offered. I am concerned about your comments on our first floor and I will certainly look into the items you mentioned. There is no excuse for any guest room level in the hotel not being up to our standards. Please accept my sincere apologies.
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

We came to RI for the first time to visit family. After doing research for hotels in the area we found there was a Sheraton. We are owners at a Sheraton in FL. We love our stays as Starwood Preferred Guest.

When we checked in we were offered a room on the club level. I was excited about the club level. I thought the room would be well kept.

When I walked in the room the first thing I said was I'm happy were sleeping on the bed and not the floor. The carpet in our room has stains on it, the grout in the shower needs a good scrubbing, and the faucet in the shower was broken. When trying to take a shower the water would turn cold for a few minutes then get scorching hot. There was no happy medium.

I have stayed in hotels for a cheaper rate that were well kept. I'm disappointed for the first time in a Sheraton property.

• Stayed September 2013
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am sorry about the carpet and the grout. It is always frustrating when a guest encounters these issues. We know this is not the standard our guests are used to. We have a shampoo program in place, but we need to revisit how quickly we get to rooms when there are stains. Your comment is a good reminder for us.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 September 2013

The hotel is about 15 minutes from downtown Providence in Warwick right near the airport. We happened upon it in 2012 looking for a hotel that offered free parking.The 3 stays we have enjoyed here, they offered us an upgraded room to their club floor. Our last stay here, September 2013, Michael at the front desk not only upgraded us but gave us a free complimentary breakfast for 2 & helped with our questions about area attractions. He greeted us with a big "good evening" and was extremely patient and helpful with all our requests. Every guest room is offered free internet access. Rooms on the club floor are clean & updated with good size, 42"?, HD TV. Bed was comfy. If you have club lounge access, ask for Alex. He seems to work all the time:) Greets everyone with a big smile & is extremely friendly and helpful. If you have a question about New England history, ask Alex. He has a wealth of information off the top of his head and even a greater love of history in general. We are starwood members & travel to alot of Sheratons. Alex's hors d’oeuvres are the BEST by far. Fried food is crisp not soggy and the assortment is impressive for free afternoon snacks. He makes the lounge feel like someone's living room. I can't remember all the employees names but we have yet to meet one that wasn't helpful and friendly. It is a great midway place to stay between Providence and Newport and a good solid value with terrific people. One last thing, we are from NY and tend to be critical of everything so when people and places leave an impression on us, it stays with us. We will be back everytime we visit the area.

Room Tip: Higher floors have more light, first floor tend to be a little dark. If Starwood Gold member ask if...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the nice words about Michael and Alex. They work extremely hard to make a good impression. I am always humbled by Alex's knowledge of just about everything. He is a true ambassador for the hotel and our area. Michael's passion is getting your stay off to a great start. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Short Hills, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a cheaper alternative than DT Providence hotel options. The hotel's occupancy was low that evening, first room was musty almost like a smoking room. After long walk back to front desk they kindly gave us a room on the 5th floor (Club Level). Room was clean and standard, no issues. Area around hotel is slightly sketchy, but did not expect nice area next to airport.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry about the problem with the first room. We are 100% non-smoking so these things should not happen. As always, our team is passionate about making sure we properly express our concern if something is not perfect. I am glad you enjoyed the Club Floor experience.
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We attended a high school reunion held at this hotel. The room was fine. The venue for the reunion seemed dated, more like a bay in which a business seminar would be held than a festive occasion. That said, the service staff went out their wu to be helpful and accommodating

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for staying with us during your high school reunion. I am glad you found our team to be friendly and helpful. We enjoy hosting reunions and we hope everyone had a good time. We truly appreciate your business.
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I were in R.I. Getting our son off to College . Our first time staying in your hotel and I have to say I will definitely be returning often. All your staff are great, but one person stands out from the rest and that is Karen in Housekeeping, she had taken care of us during our weekend stay, I was so impressed with Karen she was so warm and welcoming, a true people person and an incredible worker
I look forward to many more stays in your Hote

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for sharing such and exciting occassion with us. It is so gratifying when our guests take time to compliment our housekeeping team. I am so proud of Karen and I know she will be thrilled when I share your story with her. We look forward to seeing you again soon.