“Great Experience”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night and the service was great. We checked in about 1am and the front desk staff was very friendly. When we arrived at the front desk for check out the new staff was just ad kind. The hotel is right around the corner from the airport, they have a shuttle that runs, but it was only a $3.25 cab ride so that is another option. There is an IHOP in the shopping center just across the parking lot, not a far walk at all. The hotel was clean and felt safe. We stayed here while visiting for a concert at Gillette Stadium and it was only about a 1/2 hour car ride (we rented a car to go there). It was a great option instead of paying well over $400 at hotels a little closer to the Stadium. We will definitly stay again if we are visiting RI.

• Stayed May 2014
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for the nice review. We always appreciate when our guests share their stories. Hearing it from your perspective makes it much more meaningful. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will visit us again if your travels bring you the area. Thank you for choosing Sheraton.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Wappingers Falls, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2014

we had 2 dirty rooms - the management and house keeping took care of things right away but it was still icky to be put in a smelly dirty room...twice. The pool, lobby etc was clean and the manager was nice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
I am truly sorry about the confusion at check-in. We understand how important it is to immediately resolve any issues if they come up. It is part of our exceptional service delivery process. We try to be perfect, but we know if we fall short we need to insure we make it right. I am glad you had the time to enjoy the pool. I only wish we were able to provide a more pleasant arrival. Thank you for taking the time to write. We will do better when you come back.
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My mom and I stayed for my niece's graduation, there was one young lady at the front desk who was filthy rude. We complained to management they only made excuses they also put us in a room with fire damage we had to complain about that. Once we checked out the next day I recieved an email saying they were going to refund us one day off our stay. I didn't understand why this could've be done while we were there. PLEASE DON'T STAY THERE HORRIBLE

• Stayed May 2014
I certainly appreciate and understand your frustration. The front desk agent did her best to help resolve the issue but obviously we came up short of what was expected. Service issues like this are an aberration considering the usual comments our team receives. You are certainly correct, we should have offered the compensation while you were here. I am truly sorry about the entire stay. If you wish to discuss it further please free to connect with me at sales.info@sheratonprovidence.com.
Cumberland, Ohio
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Well my trip started out horrible to say the least but upon entering the gentleman mike, I believe his name was, gave me an upgrade to my room for my stay. The club lounge was great, I had breakfast in the morning for my two days. And the best part is the hotel is right next to the airport which makes traveling just a bit easier. I would have to say one neg thing was you could hear the peoples conversations in the room next door. But overall a great place, so so close to the airport.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Mike was the young man you encountered so I will be sure to share your story with him. I am glad we were able to turn around what started out to be a horrible trip. Once you enter our doors we try to focus on what we need to do to insure you have a great stay. We look forward to your visit.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Hotel itself is very clean. The front desk staff was pleasant and check-in was very quick. The room itself is a nice size. I could have used more pillows and a bigger TV if I wanted to nitpick. The free parking is welcomed and ample. Breakfast was disappointing with the normal fare for Continental breakfasts that you find at anyhotel USA. I was expecting more options (aka meat!) in the Executive Lounge. They do offer a breakfast at the restaurant hotel which may contribute to this.

I was satisfied with my room and don't have any complaints. But, there isn't any memorable about my stay. I'd recommend if asked but wouldn't go out of my way to promote it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thnak you for the valuable feedback. We understand how important breakfast is and always offer fresh healthy options in our Club lounge. I enjoy reading the feedback and never feel like our guests are nit picking. Your sharing your review is a great way for us to continually improve our service. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.
West Tisbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

An ok place to stay when being near TFGreen is important. Rooms are a bit dated. On premises restaurant worked for breakfast. Fitness room bright, airy and clean. Wished they had better strength equipment but the treadmills, elliptical and stationary bikes are very good. Pool a nice plus. Wished they had an on site laundry.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for the review. I am sorry that we could not fully meet all your needs. We do have a universal machine in our fitness center for strength training along with dumbells. Along with the equipment you mentioned, our facility offers a great workout if that is important to you. I hope you will come back and let us re-introduce you to our Sheraton Fitness Center. Additionaly, although we don't have an onsight laundry we do offer to laundry service or we can shuttle you to a nearby facility. Thank you for staying with us.
visalia
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This was our second stay here and we enjoyed it again. Our only disappointment was the breakfast in the club room over the weekend. There was little options between runny oatmeal and cereal. Fruit was sparse along with everything else. The club room was very messy too. The only reason I could see for this was that the hotel was overrun by cheerleaders that weekend so maybe they could not keep up with the demand. On the Monday morning breakfast there was a great selection and the club room was much better organized, and the cheerleading group had left the day before. One of the weekend mornings a manager came into the club room and apologized for the condition of the club room. The evening choices in the club room were fine and the desserts were wonderful. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to be helpful which made up for any problems. Great value for the price paid. Comfortable room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for the nice review. We are glad you came back!! We take great pride in our club lounge and value your feedback. I will be sure to speak to the culinary team about the Oatmeal. I am sorry it was not up to our usual standards. It was a busy weekend, but that is no excuse for lapses in our service. I am glad you got to experience he club again on Monday and enjoy the great atmosphere we work so hard to create. We appreciate your loyalty and hope to see you again on your next trip to the area.