“A decent Sheraton”

Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed here for about 5 weeks for work and had an overall pretty good experience, but unfortunately the hotel is located right by the airport and so the area is not that exciting. It's great for airport access of course and I'd stay here for that. Surprisingly, there wasn't that much noise from the airplanes taking off, so I slept well. The executive lounge was OK with some food options at night and discounted wine/beer, which was nice. Overall the hotel was dated though and I wasn't a fan of the location.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for posting your review. We understand that everyone has unique needs, especially when staying with us for an extended period of time. While we are an airport location we offer access to several of RI's best attractions as well as some great places to dine, including our BlueFire Bar and Grille. Our team has tons of info for our guests. We have plan for renovating later this year. We look forward to having you back and offering an stay that exceeds your expectations.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The staff at the hotel really stood out and made this trip exceptional. My husband and I were on a 2 night getaway and right from check in the staff was wonderful. Meagan (I think this is her name, I am so bad at remembering! She was a younger woman, pretty, long brown hair) checked us in and was very personable and friendly. We were staying on points and got upgraded to club level which was a nice surprise. We did have an issue with the sink in our room backing up during the night. I went down to the front desk in the morning, and Meagan was there again. She apologized and moved our room right away. For us, this was all that was needed, as we understand that things happen sometimes... but she offered us a complimentary breakfast at the restaurant for our troubles which was great. Then, upon arriving back to our room later that evening, there was a very nice cheese and cracker plate and bottle of champagne with a lovely note! She really went above and beyond to make sure our stay was wonderful! We would definitely stay here again. Thank you!
On top of the staff, we also liked the hotel and it's proximity to Newport and Twin River Casino. Didn't hear any airport noise either, which was a plus.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the nice note. It is our sincere wish that every stay will be perfect. When things happen we count on team members like Megan to make things right. While our comvenience to many of Rhode Isalnds best attractions is an integral part of our hotel;s success, it is our team that makes your experience special. Thank you for choosing Sheraton.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Michael and Barbara greet you at the door and are just two of the Finest, Helpful, Friendly Front Desk Agents I've ever met anywhere. It's refreshing to see them, because they always remember you and even remembered my name despite it being almost 10 months since my initial stay there. They're friendly wonderful helpful People. Easily my favorite in any hotel I've ever stayed, and I've stayed in many as a frequent traveler. Wish all hotel staff were exactly like them, although this Sheraton overall is Excellent Richard R.

• Stayed: July 2014
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for coming back to the Sheraton. It is quite an honor to be your favorite hotel considering your busy travel schedule. I will be sure to share your review with Michael and Barb. We plan to continually earn your business and our spot as your favorite home away from home.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I booked this hotel because of an early morning flight and the hotel website says you can park your car there for up to two weeks. There is no mention of a parking fee online, in fact it claims complementary daily parking. Upon checking in I was told there was a $8 a day parking fee and was forced to pay $80 for parking that should have been free. With no other choice I paid the fee but I will never stay here again and I would caution anyone else to book another hotel. Whether this employee was misinformed or just pocketed my money I am not sure but SHAME on you Sheraton!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank grifla

I am sorry about the confusion. We do not charge guests for overnight parking. If you purchase the appropriarte promotional package you can park for free for up to two weeks. We do offer complimentary daily parking for the length of your stay. I hope that clears things up.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Although this hotel has been renovated it still has a dated look. I was given a room on the first floor which is the level below the lobby so it has a sort of basement feel although the room had a window. The furnishings looked a little banged up and dated and the decor is kind of drab. There were white linens on the bed and it was hard to tell which pillows were meant for sleeping and which were decorative. The room could have used a good vacuuming and dusting. When I went to turn on the water in the sink the handle came off in my hand. The curtains did not completely block out the light but it wasn't too bad. On the bright side, the beds were comfy and I did get a good night's sleep. Water pressure in the shower could have been better. The people at the front desk were extremely pleasant and this hotel is very convenient to the airport.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for completing a review on your stay. It is always nice to hear that our guests find our team members to be pleasant and helpful. I am sorry that the room was not up to our usual standards. We understand how important that is. I will share your note with the housekeeping team. We value these connections and use them as an opportunity to improve the experience of all of our guests.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I don't really have any large complaints or large accolades here. The hotel was fine. Clean, comfortable, etc.
Occasionally the hallway was noisy, but never enough to keep me up. There is a gym, but it's very small. The curtains don't wrap around the side of the window, so while the room is dark, it's not pitch black. Breakfast on the weekend is only the $11 buffet, not off the menu. The food was passable, but not outstanding (and typical selection of eggs, potatoes, bacon, pancakes, yogurt cups, bananas, apples, oranges, toast, and a few pastries).
All in all, neither wonderful nor terrible.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank waterangel21
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Our team strives for a perfect rating on every stay. While I appreciate that we met the basics like a clean room and good food, we need to do better. We want to leave you with lasting memories of a great stay. We know that is what you deserve when you choose to stay with us. I am sorry we fell short on this stay. We look forward to having you back so we can offer the type of stay you expect when you trust us with your business.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We were greeted at the front desk by Teigan, Mike, and Barbara. Staff is very accommodating. Friendly service, good atmosphere, good hotel. Clean room, good bed. Overall I give A+. Especially to the Teigan, Mike, and Barbara for providing outstanding customer service..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Sheraton P, General Manager at Sheraton Providence Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for the nice comment. We are lucky to have such a great team, they all truly care about your experience while you are here. I will be sure to share your note with Tiegan, Mike and Barbara. They always enjoy when our valued guests take the time to recognize their effort. We look forward to seeing you again soon.