“very nice stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Warwick Providence Airport
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The room was so clean. I work at a small hotel and I look things over to get ideas. The room was so comfortable. I loved the chair a the desk, very nice. Just wish there had been a refrigerator in the room. Otherwise great stay and I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We were given a room on the 1st floor, which apparently is the smoking floor, even though we requested a non-smoking room. It was filthy- bits of paper and dirt on the floor, pubic hair on the toilet and in the shower. The smell wasn't horrible, but you could definitely tell it was a smoking room, especially when I saw the ashtray. Since I have asthma, I asked to be moved to a nonsmoking room, as I requested in my reservation. The only nonsmoking rooms available were king beds and we had requested double beds. Since there was no way I could spend a night in a smoking room with my asthma, we took the room with the king bed, even though it meant I would have to sleep with my teenager. The woman at the front desk said that if you book with Expedia, room requests aren't guaranteed. I would not have booked had I known that policy. The front desk staff were nice enough, given that they couldn't do anything about the policy, but to me, not having what you reserve is unacceptable. The nonsmoking room with the king bed was clean, but basic. Breakfast was ok, but definitely on the lower quality side for similar hotels. When I come to this area again, I'm sticking with Courtyard by Marriott, even if it is a little more expensive.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 31 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Mold in bathroom, dead bugs throughout the room. Shady characters hanging around property. Looked at 2 rooms and both were unacceptable. Manager never bothered to speak with us about our complaints. The only positive was the polite girl at the front desk and she refunded money without question.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed here on a weekend trip to Providence. I never found out what was happening in Providence on Saturday, but every hotel in the area was completely booked, and in fact one person had a screenshot on their phone of a competing chain hotel offering a room for $1000! I was glad I had made an early reservation but I wish I had confirmed the rooms the day before. I always ask for non-smoking rooms but may have neglected to do so this time on the online form, and when we arrived at 9 pm the first night only smoking rooms were available. We were assured that they had been thoroughly cleaned, and they had been, but there is no removing the residue from mattresses and other soft furnishings, and the hallway of course smelled strongly of smoke. We were moved for our second night, cheerfully, to a 5th floor pair of rooms which were lovely and clean. This hotel can use an update to bring it in line with other LaQuintas; the pillows were a bit flat and the beds were comfortable but again just a bit older than usual. Breakfast was good but a better fruit selection would have been nice. We were comfortable and well rested during our trip, and that's what counts.

Room Tip: I think the top floors would be the best. We enjoyed the view from the fifth! The first floor is th...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is a very busy hotel near the airport and it shows it. The hallways were in need of a serious cleaning and make-over. The room was adequate, and the bed comfortable but the water pressure in the bathroom and especially the shower was very low and it was difficult to control the temperature. Breakfast was disappointing after the other hotels on this trip. This was definitely on the low end of the scale compared to other La Quinta properties we have stayed at.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple