“Not your typical beach”
Review of East Beach

East Beach
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

This is a beach located off the beaten path. There are no facilities, no garbage pails. It's just you and the ocean. The water is clean and there are not always as many people as other nearby public beaches. You have to get there early as there is limited parking. Parking is expensive and there is a walk to the beach, but the beach itself is breathtaking.

1  Thank Lobes34
There are newer reviews for East Beach

Reviewed 4 June 2013

After a long walk from your car on Bay Street to the path, then down the path you arrive at a small tiny congested area. There are no facilities other than the ocean. If you need to use a toilet you have to trek all the way back to Bay Street. There is no street parking for any of the beaches in Watch Hill

1  Thank travelers4ny
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Since I was little my parents always took me to watch hill. Years later it is still my favorite beach to go to. The waves are great! It really is a beautiful beach. The only downside is that it gets very crowded on weekends in the summer. You need to arrive very early in the morning or you will not have a parking spot. There is one close main parking lot that fills up so quickly. One time after driving 2 hours to get there, we arrived at watch hill around 9 am on Saturday. The parking lots were full! We drove and circled the town about 20 times and still there was no spots open. We ended up driving all the way back home. So get there early!! Oh and there are no bathrooms or changing rooms located on the beach.

Reviewed 17 November 2012

The Beach was so fun i didn't want to leave. The bit was with my cousins at this amazing beach and that was my favourite bit. I will never forget this trip.

Reviewed 15 November 2012

After a long 2 hour ride from MA I was hoping this place would be as nice as described online by others and it was. The peninsula jets out for a long ways with Marsh on one side and Scenic, sandy beach on the other. I noticed beach "cabanas" at the beginning of the beach so I can imagine this place is packed in Summer with limited parking but an oasis n the Fall/off season. Ate at the Cooked Goose (few miles down the road) and had a fine panini style turkey sandwich, wife enjoyed crab cake sandwich all with natural ingredients and cozy atmosphere (actually...ate our food in the center of town on the bench with ocean view..even better.) Nice place to walk a dog as we noticed many dog owners also strolling down the beach to the point of the peninsula. Osprey are active here also.
The typical Rhode Island style mansions line the coast beyond as you return to your car. 2 Hour free parking in town.