“This review is for Watch Hill. Great beach - get there early!!”
Review of East Beach

East Beach
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Wanted to clarify the location, since as one reviewer stated, East Beach is not the same as Watch Hill. There are plenty of clean bathrooms at Watch Hill right off the sand.

The sand is wonderful. Which it had better be for the price they charge you to walk on it!! Beach is small, so it can get crowded quickly, and you had better get there early because there are only 2 lots nearby, as far as I know, and they fill up quickly. We made the mistake of not getting there until 11am, and found parking on the street, but that is only good for 2 hours, and they you'd better not park anywhere on the street after that, because I've been told you will get ticketed, and it will cost you a lot. We would have been okay with just staying at the beach for two hours, and then spending the rest of the time shopping and dining at the wonderful establishments on Bay Street, but there weren't even any parking spots in the shopping parking area, so we took our money elsewhere. Oh well.

All reviews
"serenity"
"tides"
"cash"

Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

This is a beach located off the beaten path. There are no facilities, no garbage pails. It's just you and the ocean. The water is clean and there are not always as many people as other nearby public beaches. You have to get there early as there is limited parking. Parking is expensive and there is a walk to the beach, but the beach itself is breathtaking.

1  Thank Lobes34
Reviewed 4 June 2013

After a long walk from your car on Bay Street to the path, then down the path you arrive at a small tiny congested area. There are no facilities other than the ocean. If you need to use a toilet you have to trek all the way back to Bay Street. There is no street parking for any of the beaches in Watch Hill

1  Thank travelers4ny
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Since I was little my parents always took me to watch hill. Years later it is still my favorite beach to go to. The waves are great! It really is a beautiful beach. The only downside is that it gets very crowded on weekends in the summer. You need to arrive very early in the morning or you will not have a parking spot. There is one close main parking lot that fills up so quickly. One time after driving 2 hours to get there, we arrived at watch hill around 9 am on Saturday. The parking lots were full! We drove and circled the town about 20 times and still there was no spots open. We ended up driving all the way back home. So get there early!! Oh and there are no bathrooms or changing rooms located on the beach.