“Very Nice Place to Stay”

Best Western West Greenwich Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in West Greenwich
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Always enjoy staying here when we come to Rhode Island. Very clean, the staff are wonderful and very helpful. They have recommended several places to eat and sites to see. The rooms are very nice and the beds are amazing.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 October 2013

nothing but good things to say. comfortable, convenient, clean and cost effective. will stay again. the best: pool area and spa tub. the least: breakfast (was just average). everything else was above average/ very good.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We have had nothing but great experiences with Best Western, the West Greenwich Inn was no exception. This was a one night stop September 24, 2013 between Mystic, Connecticut and Newport, RI. The check in was speedy, the second floor room was clean and quiet. The furniture and bath were in very good condition. When our wine opener broke the front desk had one for us to use. The breakfast had a nice assortment, from cereal to scrambled eggs, potatoes and pancakes. I recommend this place with no reservations.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Where do I begin??
Heated pool was out of order and ice cold during my entire stay (although promised to be in working order while booking and confirming). The room smelled bad; the shower curtain smelled like a dirty rag; the towels were the filthiest I've ever seen anywhere; the mattresses were stiff and noisy (maybe because of the cheap protectors they used); the room was cold but couldn't use the extra blankets because they were so old and dirty; no hair conditioner or body lotion was available (even at the front desk); their tissues are the cheapest /worst kind that would constantly stick to your skin; the refrigerator was right next to the bed and made noise all night; the walls/ceiling were so thin that I could hear footsteps/noise all the time.
The second day, the house keeper did not vacuum the room and left some trash in the bathroom that she must have spilled. By the third night, they didn't even clean the room at all. (Before I had left the room early that day, I even made sure to leave a tip and have the sign to clean the room on the door.) My daughter became sick (I had to drive miles in the middle of night to get medicine for her) and refused to eat/drink their food/water/coffee by this time because didn't know what was making her sick at this place. So I cancelled the rest of the trip and checked into a hotel a few miles away.
Some workers at this "hotel" (more like a low class motel except the common areas) had a bad attitude/training. The management (who I heard also owns the cheaper motel next door) is cutting corners everywhere and definitely has problem training/keeping workers (who seem to let it out on the guests). The managers/workers would give me nothing but inconsistent excuses/lies. Only when I was checking out, the general manager showed me a room that looked/smelled good and said that I could've gotten that kind of room if I had "requested" (although I HAD requested a clean/odorless room). Those special rooms are obviously reserved for those who rate the hotels for a living. If all Best Western hotels were run like this, I will never stay at another BW. I regret that I had not read those negative reviews before I decided to book at this place. I saw some upset guests yelling at the workers for different reasons. I guess the only way to get what you need at this place is to raise your voice and make a scene. What a nightmare!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank RItraveler200
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We have a home nearby but occasionally, when there is overflow of family during the holidays, some of us will stay here to get away from the loud family craziness. The last time we were there was Christmas 2012. We've probably stayed here at least half a dozen times over the last ten years and the quality of the rooms, cleanliness, service remains consistently good. The location is just off I-95 but it's in a nice wooded area. Good value.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Great place to stay Very convenient Very clean and hospitable Stayed for bus. meeting and every assoc. there was very professional. Would definitely stay there again and use their facilities Have Used the hotel before and was extremely pleased. Again, will continue to use for personal and Bus.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Stayed at this facility for 8 nights. This place has great curb appeal. Is a great place to use as a central place to explore Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. The staff here is awesome. If you have a question or problem, it will get taken care of. Breakfast is better than most - real scrambled eggs instead of the patties. If I have anything I would like to see better, it would be to have sausage or bacon at breakfast (being pickey). Best motel and best value I have had in past 18 mmonths (over 100 motels)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Super 8 West Greenwich/Providence
Hampton Inn Coventry-Warwick Area
Extended Stay America - Providence - West Warwick
TownePlace Suites Providence North Kingstown

Been to Best Western West Greenwich Inn? Share your experiences!