“Great walk in service”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in West Warwick
Sherrodsville, Ohio
“Great walk in service”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I started searching for a room on the road. We were able to pay a small fee for am check in which was what we needed with our travel schedule.The room was clean and very tidy. I really liked the kitchenette. The recliner and flat screen made me feel at home. I will be back to this location when I'm in the area. Overall very pleased

Room Tip: Our first floor room was close to the exit and the parking is convenient. It always saves money tra...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - West Warwick, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a positive review about how our hotel did feel like a "home away from home" due to our recliners, flat screen TV's and fully-equipped kitchen. It's great to hear that you had such great walk-in service, and that we were able to accommodate your early check-in.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and that you are very please with our property. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future when you visit the Rhode Island area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2013

If you read some of the reviews here - it would put you off staying! It makes you wonder what people expect for their money. But do not be put off at all. I have just spent an excellent week at this Hotel. The location and room were ideal, the staff very friendly and helpful, there is plenty of parking, and a perfectly adequate breakfast is provided. The rooms and facilities were all very clean, and all the facilities you could possibly need to make the stay pleasant. This is probably the best stay I have had in ages - and I travel a lot around the UK, Europe and North America. This hotel was the perfect base for a week in Rhode Island with easy access to Connecticut and Massachusetts. The location is nearby to major road intersections, supermarkets, pharmacies, and fuel..... so you do not have to go far for all the things you need. What more could you want? I had a very relaxing, peaceful and enjoyable stay here and look forward to returning next year.

Room Tip: Any room is fine.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Took 2 rooms late August for the family.Very nice place,for a great price.It is a pleasure to have a full refrigerator and freezer along with a microwave and stovetop for the price of a regular hotel room.Staff really cares and take pride in their work.Would definitely recommend,and would stay again.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - West Warwick, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and that you would recommend our hotel to your friends and family. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Rhode Island!
Waterloo, Iowa, United States
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel because all the Marriott properties I normally stay at were booked. The hotel was a very high-end Extended Stay with attractive lobby and rooms, and was clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and even recommended the best cab company for me to use to get to the airport. They have a complimentary breakfast with good coffee as well. I would highly recommend as an affordable alternative to more expensive airport hotels at PVD.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - West Warwick, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for giving us such great feedback. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary Grab and Go breakfast. Thank you for recognizing the staff, they truly are a great group of people who take pride in there work here. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to our area in the future!
Guilford, Connecticut
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Stayed one night in one of the studio two double bed rooms. There were 4 of us. Room was quite spacious and comfortable. Kitchen was set up with stove, refrigerator, microwave. Included dishes, etc. Very clean-Hotel offered nice continental breakfast. Staff very pleasant and accommodating. Easy access to Newport, Wickford. Very reasonably priced. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Why spend a lot of money at one of the Newport hotels when this hotel is so convenient, comfortable...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 555Traveling1
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - West Warwick, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. I'm happy to hear that you had a fabulous girls weekend here in Rhode Island. I am so pleased that the room and our amenities made your stay so pleasant and enjoyable. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you ladies again soon!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Let me start by saying that over the last 15 months, I have spent around 40 nights in various Extended Stay America hotels. This location is above average (a little more modern, and a little cleaner) than others I have stayed in. The staff was friendly enough. The laundry room and parking lots we always clean and tended to.
The room was equipped with a refrigerator, stove, and microwave. The desk in the room is always useful. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was modern with a large counter top.
What went wrong? They forgot to clean my room during a 9 night stay! This is very disappointing especially haven spoken to the front desk and the maid herself to avoid this from happening. But it did!
It also appears that Extended Stay America has changed its policy to only getting 1 room cleaning per 8 consecutive nights stay. It used to be every 7 nights. Either way that is a long time without a cleaning.

Regardless I think they should clean the room ½ way through the stay. If you are staying 9 nights wouldn’t it make more sense to clean the room after the 4th or 5th night than the 8th night???

Yes at Extended Stay America, you have to exchange your own towels when you need them, and yes you have to empty your own trash cans between cleanings (if you’re lucky enough to get one!). But that is the nemesis of this type of hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - West Warwick, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am glad that our staff provided you with friendly service and that you enjoyed your room as well as all of the amenities our hotel had to offer. Still, I sincerely apologize that your housekeeping service was not provided on the day which was promised. In response to your feedback, I am going to work with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures which will ensure that this type of situation does not happen again.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at PRW@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I will NEVER stay here again. Read the reviews of brok3nx and Jane P. I ditto all they said. I was not informed at the time of booking that my room would not be cleaned and I was staying 4 nights. You had to ask for clean towels at the front desk and they were STIFF and scratchy. You had to empty your own trash. No dishwashing liquid soap provided in the kitchen which told me the previous guest only RINSED the glasses, cups, silverware, etc. DISGUSTING and unsanitary! Front door is NOT automatic which means you have to try to hold the door open when getting your suitcases through. The Grab and Go breakfast is so meanial. Packaged instant oatmeal but no brown sugar or cream to put on it. Apples, granola bars and packaged muffins. The muffins were good. NO selection of tea. I used my own tea bags. I had friends on the 3rd floor in non-smoking rooms but smoking is allowed on the 3rd floor. The smoke up there hits you in the face when you get off the elevator. I almost gagged when I went to visit them in their room. I was ont he 2nd floor. The bathroom was relatively new which was nice and the a/c worked great - which is unusual in some hotels. The WiFi is free and works - which is nice - but if you want to use Skype you have to pay for premium service. 1 luggage cart available and I had to wait for it to be returned. After waiting over an hour, U dragged my luggage down and put it in my car which took me 3 trips! No ice in the hotel at all - no ice machine to get ice. But they don't tell you to fill your ice cube trays in your room. All rooms have a refrigerator. I had 3 people come to my room - we had no ice for warm soda........Terri at the front desk did get me a small bowl from the front desk refrigerator when I called downstairs. The rooms are NOT cheap when you consider the lack of services provided! I will NEVER stay at an Extended Stay America again after this experience. I would prefer to travel 10 miles out of my way to get a clean hotel room with a hotel that provides services.

Room Tip: My tip is - do not stay here.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Providence - West Warwick, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
David - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a thoughtful and complimentary review. I'm thrilled that you found our guest rooms and location ideal. I am pleased to hear that our staff provided you with exemplary customer service during your stay. Also, I am glad you had an opportunity to take advantage of our grab-and-go breakfast.

I am so pleased that our hotel made your visit to New England an enjoyable and relaxing one. Considering what you mentioned in your review, I am truly honored that we have made this your "home away from home". Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the Rhode Island area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Warwick
La Quinta Inn & Suites Coventry/Providence
Hampton Inn Coventry-Warwick Area
Extended Stay America - Providence - Airport
Residence Inn Providence Coventry

Been to Extended Stay America - Providence - West Warwick? Share your experiences!