“Not Bad Take-Out, but...”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Famous Pizza of West Warwick
Ranked #13 of 86 Restaurants in West Warwick
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 3 August 2013

My wife and I were traveling to Cape Cod, from Long Island, and were staying overnight in Coventry. We stopped to ask for a good local pizza place and were referred to Famous Pizza. We each ordered a Caesar salad and small personal pizza. We had asked how large the salads were and could we share one. The price was $4.49, so I expected we should each have our own ...WRONG! The salads were a good size, neither of us finished our order and could easily have shared one. I blame the counter girl, for not having given us better advice. Unfortunately they were served in plastic boxes and light weight plastic utensils. When the pizzas were served, they were piping hot and were pan-pizza style, similar to Pizza Hut’s crust. There were plenty of topping on both and we both thought they were tasty. We each only ate half, so we should have shared one and it would have been plenty.

So the food was pretty good, but the dining area left a lot to be desired. It was not the cleanest, and the whole area was in need of sprucing-up. I can’t recommend Famous Pizza for dining in, however, If I was in the area again, I wouldn’t hesitate to order ‘take-out’. The pizza's were $ 9 each, so it would make better sense to order a large ($14) and share it. It’s not crispy crust NY style pizza, but nice for a change.

1  Thank juddann

Reviewed 16 December 2012

this place has a long wait for delivery but it is worth it. We got a lg square and it was amazing. I will order from here every time we come to town.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

I drive by all the time and one day just decided to stop. Staff was great and the food was even better

Reviewed 14 April 2011

Pizza is great. Subs good too. Wish they had wheat wraps though. Good place to have a beer while you wait for takeout.

Reviewed 10 October 2007

Just visited West Warwick over the weekend. Famous Pizza has not changed,still great. You don't get this kind of pizza in California, Tony. See you next trip!