“TERRIFIC stay once again!!!! AWESOME value!!!!”
Review of The Coast

The Coast
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Westerly
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We greatly enjoyed our stay. We stay for a week every August. It's quiet, clean, very comforable. I recommend Sand Dollar to my friends and co-workers.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Beachgoer111184
There are newer reviews for The Coast

Reviewed 2 September 2011

From check in to check out i had nothing but bad experiences. the check in lady/manager was unfriendly and unprofessional. I booked through hotels.com and when i checked in she did not enter the confirmation number that I gave her then she claimed that hotels.com did not send her any information about my reservation. now I am getting charged twice for one terrible night in this hotel. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone under any circumstances

Room Tip: Do not stay here
Reviewed 31 August 2011

My family home is being renovated nearby and yet we still wanted to enjoy our annual end of summer at Misquamicut. I accidently booked Monday night instead of Sunday. I called immediately upon recognition of my error and was told to speak to the owner in an hour. I called back and not only did I not get a refund, but I was sworn at by the owner who actually told me "tough ___, these are the rules and go____ yourself".

This in no joke and quite scary. Please stay away from this horrible, hostile. hotel.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Jack M
Reviewed 22 August 2011

This was the worst experience ever! We got to the room and all of the rooms smell like urine and mold! I explained to the owners that i was allergoc too mld and had asthma and asked for a refund, they laughed in my face and told me i get nothing back! They were rude and unprofessional! We then left to go back to the beach and we came back to the room to find out they had stolen my bag! $500 worth of items! Police had to be called and all! Needless to say they laughed and i never got my stuff back! Do Not stay here! I am not kidding! They are theifs!

Room Tip: Beyond Horrible!
2  Thank Jenn G
Reviewed 12 August 2011

First off, we should have known not to bother coming to the Sand Dollar after reading the other reviews... but my friends and I wanted to enjoy a fun, inexpensive vacation and thought this motel was a deal for the location. However, the second you roll up to park you can tell how shabby this place is. Clearly it is not taken care of at all or hasn't been fixed up in a decade. The outside is run down and the table and chairs outside are lawn junk. My friend went to check us in after reserving a room with 2 double beds. The owners end up saying they didn't realize there were 5 of us and decide they want to charge an extra $20 per person. We were already paying about $275 for 2 nights and honestly, I wouldn't want to stay there for free!! After an argument with the extremely rude owners about the ridiculousness of jacking up the price, we just end up leaving. Yea, we lost some money because we still got charged for the one night...but it was worth it to not have to stay at that dump!!! By the way, the fact that they had already charged us for the one night before we even got there just shows how desperate they are to make some kind of money and lock you into your reservation. I would never recommend this place to anyone!

1  Thank Mary O
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I stayed at this motel for 2 nights with my wife, sister in law and boyfriend. We had a standard double bed motel room for $380.00. First of all, they told us on the phone that the room woud be $284.00 and when we arrived they jacked up the price to $380.00. Second of all, what they call the continental breakfast was plastic containers filled with cherrios, coffee, toast, and a can of fruit in a stryofoam dish. I've had better meals in a soup kitchen serving the homeless. The room smelled horrible, they had bugs and flies in the sheets. I don't know what the first two reviews are talking about but this was the worst motel in human history. To call this motel simply amazing is like saying the titanic was a total success.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cpinero84
Reviewed 30 July 2011

If you're looking for a comfortable clean affordable motel this is NOT the place to go to. OMG we were stared at awkwardly by the owners and they are soooo rude! They told us that we were the reason why the room was so absolutely discusting. I'm sorry but I'm not the reason that mildew wouldve grown in the two hours that I decided to stay there, or the fact that a million little bugs would be crawling everywhere either! How stupid do they think people are? They should be closed down. Seriously, has anyone gotten sick from this place yet? I wouldn't doubt it. Thank god we found a better place near by that wasn't totally booked! What a nightmare!

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank NoWayInHell22
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westerly
Winnapaug Inn
#3 of 17 in Westerly
Misquamicut Beach Front Inn
Misquamicut Beach Front Inn
#3 of 6 in Misquamicut

Been to The Coast? Share your experiences!