The Coast
US$138
Winnapaug Inn(Westerly)
US$123
US$95
Sandy Shore Motel(Misquamicut)(Great Value!)
US$180
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I booked two rooms for my friends to enjoy a one-night stay at the beach. Given that I had reserved these rooms, I saw no issue with changing the name of the reservations. To my surprise, when I called to change the names after learning I couldn't do it online, the lady answered was rude, not forgiving and wouldn't even give me her name after asking to speak to a manager! If the room is being paid for, who cares what name it's under?? Then she continues to inform me that only the person the reservation is under can check in. Seriously? Bypass...never again!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank LatinaCityGal
Reviewed 7 July 2014

On our last trip to RI, we stop at this charming motel, not too far from the beach. It was very clean and quiet. The couple who own this place are more than accomodating. On our next trip to Westerly, RI. it will be our place again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pauline L
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and I planned a trip with another couple for a night at Misquamicat, we wanted simple and affordable and this fit the bill perfectly. After my friend booked the hotel we looked at the reviews and were actually mortified but we said, if it's terrible we'll sleep in the car haha but we went and it definitely was NOT as bad as the reviews said it was, you're staying at a MOTEL people! not a 5 star hotel resort, it's the typical beach motel. It was NOT dirty at all, the owners and workers were extremely courteous and as soon as we needed anything they were right on it. We didn't feel unsafe, sure the place is outdated, the furniture could be updated and the walls should be repainted but who cares? it's not like you're buying the place. I have stayed at skeevy motels and this was not one of them. If you're looking to just have a simple affordable one night trip to the beach I'd highly recommend this place. It's a 10 minute drive to the strip or a ($13 cab ride) to the main strip (we took a cab at night to the bars and back).

Room Tip: if you have 4 people ask for the EFF room, it has a kitchen and living room area and costs the same as the rest of the rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Ani C
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My husband and I wanted a quick getaway weekend near the Rhode Island beaches, and this filled the bill nicely! The room was pleasant and clean, and the staff was more than accomodating. The couple who have owned and operated this place for quite a few years couldn't have been friendlier. The location was perfect and so quiet, Well-kept grounds and picnic tables where you could enjoy the continental breakfast outside if you so wished. Plain and simple, and isn't that what beach living should be? Had a 1950s "air" about it, which we found charming. Sure, I brought my own hair dryer and small coffee maker, but so what? Reasonable price too! Give it a try, and don't be put off by the not so great reviews you might read here. Glad we did!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kathleen Z
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My son and daughter were traveling to Misquamicut beach area, last minute and were looking for a place to stay by the beach. There is a place right on the beach called the Sand Castle. They mistakenly booked the night at the Sand Dollar and gave the debit card information . The fee for the night was $ 158... They immediately called me and said they were booked at the Sand Dollar, I told them, this was the wrong place and to quick call back to cancel. The owner said the policy is no refund if cancelled later than 7 days prior to book in. IT had been maybe 7 min. ! The owner said NO refund or not even any of it. I called myself and spoke to the owner and he said there was nothing he could do. I said, of course there was something he could do, like do the right thing and refund the money, or part of it at least, but he wouldn't budge. I Googled the place and the reviews are terrible any way, so glad they didn't stay there. I told the owner what goes around comes around and bad Karma is a you know what...... I also told him I would tell the story....and not recommend his place. He still didn't care....oh well.....at least I tried to get him to do the right thing.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family