“Don't Bother”
Review of Shelter Harbor Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Westerly
Shelter Harbor Inn
Ranked #8 of 10 Westerly B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 May 2013

My sisters family and I came to town for a funeral. Our trip was worsened by our stay at Shelter Harbor. They failed to tell us when we made the reservation, that the rooms we had were in the Barn which contained guests from a wedding party. The thin walls and loud obnoxious drunk people up until 6 am kept us all awake all night. Not to mention my 2 and 3 year old nieces were screaming from constant awakenings. At breakfast the next morning, our waiter took 20 minutes to bring our check to attend to the large wedding party that had kept us up the night before. I would NEVER stay here again, and I suggest that people with children keep looking for a better place with a better atmosphere! If I didn't have to rate this place to review it, I would give all ZEROS!!!!!!

Worst night to coincide with an already bad time of losing my grandfather.

Absolutely awful!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank MJ2678

Reviewed 14 May 2013

Upon a recommendation by a co-worker, we went in for lunch as part of our 25th wedding anniversary. The décor and charm of the Shelter Harbor Inn is warm and inviting. We shared a bottle of wine, relaxed and conversed for 2 hrs over a very nice lunch starting with a Calamari appetizer, followed by a smoked Haddock and pan seared sea scallop entrees ending with a Limoncello Tartufo. The entire meal was absolutely delicious and our waitress Chelsea was the best. Afterwards we took a short walk along the beach as part of a perfect day. We’ll definitely be back and looking at the wine & dinner packages for an extended stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ken S
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The Inn has two buildings, and both are nicely furnished. The restaurant is good. They have a shuttle bus to a beautiful beach and the inn keeper is terrific. We've recommended the inn to many friends and family who have enjoyed it. I held my own wedding lunch there many years ago and my brother got married there a few years ago and it was lovely.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ZoyaKNewYork
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Went here for a little get-a-way with my fiance, and loved it. Hotel staff was very nice and helpful, room was fantastic, and the food was great. They have a tennis court, as well as a beach located a distance away. We went off season, but it didn't matter, place was still on point. Will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a room with a fireplace
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dougzillathe3rd
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Our tip was padded. Watch your statement. Mediocre, room temperature food. Oh, okay 200 character minimun comment...can't say much more about the place. Made a reservation 3 months in advance of Christmas day and was stuck in a back room with the window open, over the outside dumpster.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank muffi g
jimdey, General Manager at Shelter Harbor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

We are deeply sorry that your dining experience did not meet expectations. I do wish you had asked to speak with myself or another available manager so we may have had the chance to address the specific seating and food quality issues and correct the impression we left instead. Furthermore, while we understand your concern regarding a discrepancy with the tip amount, we are perplexed by the intensity of your response. When humans are involved, mistakes will happen and we do our best to rectify any errors on our part as quickly and thoroughly as possible. Unfortunately, in this case we were unable to follow through with the usual expedience due to not having correct or available contact information for which to reach you. With your recent call to us we were finally able to make the necessary correction in a satisfactory manner. Excellent service is something we pride ourselves on and what we train our staff to achieve. We try very hard to provide each and every guest with the best experience possible and we fell short this time. We will continue to strive for the highest level and hope you will join us again to prove our dedication to our guests.

Westley Dey

Reviewed 21 February 2013 via mobile

My mom and I had a private party for my dads birthday held in the bar. The decorations were nice and the apps were excellent. We had 2 servers to cater our event.

My family are locals so we visit often. Quality of food is excellent and so are the cocktails.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank tammy71
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Shelter Harbor Inn is delight -- even in the winter!! Our 4th stay -- we love the carriage house. We have celebrated two of my wofe's birthdays here thrugh the tripadvisor special they offer during this time of the year. The folks are friendly and the atmosphere is cozy -- the architecture is simply New England.

Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Rudyjf1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westerly
Winnapaug Inn
#1 of 10 in Westerly
Phil and Anns Sunset Motel
Phil and Anns Sunset Motel
#3 of 4 in Charlestown

Been to Shelter Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!