“A great little getaway”
Review of Shelter Harbor Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Westerly
Shelter Harbor Inn
Ranked #8 of 10 Westerly B&B and Inns
Baldwin Place, New York
“A great little getaway”
Reviewed 13 July 2005

We stayed here for the second consecutive year, and were once again thrilled.

The Inn provides you with access to an absolutely beautiful beach, and is helpful in that they'll provide beach towels for guests. The breakfast, which is included, is excellent. And the staff is warm and accomodating.

The rooms do have a bit of a rustic feel, but are clean, air conditioned, and there is cable tv.

Close to Watch Hill, Misquamicut, and not too far from the Block Island Ferry and Newport.

All things considered, this place is a gem and we'll be back again next July.

• Stayed July 2005
5 Thank Michael S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 January 2005

A friend and I were guests at the Inn for Saturday evening, December 9, 2000. From what we had heard from mutual friends, the Shelter Harbor Inn was a lovely establishment. Unfortunately, our stay was largely unpleasant. What initially surprised me was the generally unaccommodating ambience of the staff. This was the first bed & breakfast I have been to where the inn keeps were unhelpful and borderline rude. The staff made no attempt to show me around the inn, elaborate on its facilities, or tell what there was to do around town. Knowing little about New England sports (I grew up in Southern California), I queried as to whether it was possible to play croquet during the winter and was ridiculed. Simple salutations seemed foreign as we were not greeted when we entered the inn. The only greeting we heard all weekend was a “hello, checkout is at 11.” Attempts to start pleasant conversations with the staff were largely met with indifference. The quality of the room was also poor. We stayed in room three, the first room at the top of the stairs. The room was very noisy (probably from its location) and there were doors slamming all night long. A few times, I awoke to hear loud voices from the office next door. To add to the restless sleep, the heater made loud knocking noises. There was a very bad draft in the bathroom, so every time we entered the bathroom, we felt like you were going outside. The television also had only three functional channels (false advertising if you ask me since the lady I spoke to on the phone when I made my reservation said that there was cable television). The only redeeming quality of the inn was the outstanding food (excellent chef). Unfortunately, the service of service from waitresses were sub par. I also found it appalling that I constantly had to shoo flies away from my food. What B&B suffers from flies in an indoor dining room during the winter?

• Stayed December 2000
11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Westerly hotels

Croydon UK
Reviewed 5 October 2004

Very much a “restaurant with rooms” – check in was jostling with numerous dinner guests turning up at the same time. Beware rooms 6/7/8 which are above the kitchen and noisy until after 11pm. We were moved to 24 which is in a separe building only yards away. Much better. The hot tub on the roof is divine but otherwise the place is resting on its laurels a bit.

10 Thank Woganfan
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 October 2003

I stayed at the Shelter Harbor Inn in October, 2003 for one night. The reception was very congenial. The room was very pleasant, and spotlessly clean. We enjoyed a lovely breakfast in the garden room. I would definately return to the Shelter Harbor Inn during future visits in R.I.

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westerly
Winnapaug Inn
#2 of 10 in Westerly
Breezeway Resort
Breezeway Resort
#1 of 6 in Misquamicut

Been to Shelter Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!