“a good place to stay in Westerly”

Langworthy Farm Bed and Breakfast
Langworthy Farm Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 10 Westerly B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed at Langworthy Farm over Labor Day Weekend and the overall experience was good.
Let's get the negative part out of the way: yes it is a little noisy. The place is at the corner of a busy street and during the day, and some times at night it gets noisy. With that said we slept with no problem the three nights we were there (we stayed on a room in the third floor)
Now the positive. The rooms are clean and spacious, the bathroom was spotless, there was not hot water problems and it even had a "Jacuzzi" tub.
The B&B is well located. Just minutes away from the beach and 15 minutes away from the historic downtown.
Breakfast was good, not great. Everyday they had an option of pancakes (or waffles) and an egg dish (frittata, skilets, etc) I got the egg option everyday and it was tasty, my only complain would be that it was on the small side, but I am being picky here.
The owners were friendly enough, I do not like over friendly people because I found it fake. They were nice, polite and friendly, no complains there.
I would recommend for anybody to stay here, the prices are good and the place is good.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RicardoPH

Reviewed 3 August 2013

I was unable to spend our planned night on June 19 due to my wife's illness...when I tried to re-schedule, I was told, "No", we can't allow you to gift this to your cousin/wife. I pleaded with the owner to allow this, due to very trying circumstances....again, no was the answer. I am very disappointed in the attitude and behavior of the owner....very grateful that I did not have to ask for "extra toast" during our breakfast..sure this would have been a big deal as well. Good news is, there are plenty of other wonderful options in this locale. YOU CAN DO BETTER!!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Robert T
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Don't let the name fool you. This place is nowhere near a farm or even a vineyard, although they have planted some vines on a large garden plot near the wine tasting tables, adding to the ambience. It is a beautiful 19th century home with beautifully decorated rooms in a not-so-nice location--indeed a very busy intersection. Nonetheless, they do a good job with what they have. The breakfasts were very good, and the owners were friendly without being overly friendly (which suits us fine.) A real plus is coffee outside your bedroom door by 7AM. Loved that. But we do agree with Ken C. that it's a bit overpriced, all things considered. A complimentary bottle of wine would certainly have sweetened the deal.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RubyB614
Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

Overall, the inn is nice and the owners are friendly. We didn't find the corner location to be a problem, but other things are lacking. Yes it was cold outside, and yes we were there in February, but our bathroom was freezing cold which made showering an unpleasant experience at best. The breakfast was ok, but nothing exciting. We have stayed at B&B's all over the country, and the rates here certainly are not cheap. It might sound petty, but what bothered us was that there was no provision for a cup of tea, coffee or soda in the evening after coming back to the inn, or any little snacks put out in the afternoon or evening. All things considered, we also felt that since there is a winery on the property, a complimentary bottle of wine in the room also didn't seem out of the question and would be a nice welcome touch.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Ken C
Reviewed 25 August 2012

We had such a great time at Langworthy. Our hosts were extremely nice and accommodating. Our room was clean and homey. As per other reviews, the room at the front corner of the house is located at a noisy intersection. I was not bothered by this, but I can see how some could be. The intersection wasn't noisy at strange hours, only in the afternoon and early evening. Breakfast was delicious, and the 7am coffee service outside our door was something we looked forward to every morning. The photos are their website don't do the beauty of this inn any justice, the rooms are larger than they appear. I will definitley stay here again and glad I didn't let the negative reviews of this B and B deture me from staying :)

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Stopped here on a recent vacation by the shore. The wine tasting was excellent. What I liked most is that they allow you to choose which ones you are tasting rather than getting whatever happens to be the selection today. They also wait on you at at porch in back. Ended up purchasing several bottles.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2012

By the other reviews. Hosts were very congenial, helpful. Breakfasts were very, very good and, unlike some B & B's, had a choice of egg dish or 'sweet' dish. Extremely clean & elegant building.
For our 'wandering' purposes the location was ideal- close to beach, Rt1. On the negative side,
since the loss of the magnificent maples, their location @ a busy intersection can be noisy.
And our room choice was okay for a 2-day stay but not longer (see Tip). Note both 'cons' are not in direct control of the hosts. Overall, 8 out of 10
P.S. Don't forget the winery-- If you like Merlot you have to try their Misquamicut Merlot

Room Tip: P.S. If size is an issue avoid the Norway Maple room. Others are larger, more amen ties