“Great RI Motel”
Review of Aquastar Inn

Aquastar Inn
Ranked #7 of 10 Westerly B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 August 2013

For the past 10 years I have gone up to Rhode Island and stayed at the Ambassador Motel, but they closed this year. I was very disappointed and searched the internet, wanting a place to stay after spending the days on the beach and not having it cost me a fortune since I needed two rooms. I found it the Aquastar Inn, the owners went out of their way to make you happy. One morning the owner made my son and his girlfriend waffles. The rooms were clean. The pool was refreshing after a day at the beach. It was a very nice and I will make sure I go back.

Room Tip: I stayed up in the top portion and was pleased with the location.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Denyse M

Reviewed 9 July 2013

We stayed for 2 nights. yes there were things wrong but it was nothing we could not live with. Everyone we met including staff were nice. Maybe a little updating could be done but everything comes in time. We have stayed in worse motels on the Jersey shore..

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Sue R
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Ok so we were a group of 4 reserved a 2 bed room, 115 to be precisely... Before paying for the room we asked to see it since it was a motel we wanted to make sure it was OK so from the quick look we had it seemed ok. Paid for the room, dropped off our stuff and went to the casinos near by. By 2 am we came back my cousin lifted up the bed covers and guess what? BLOOD STAINS/HAIRS/YELLOW STAINS on both beds... My husband started to scratch himself he felt something on his back it was a FLEA... We started to packing up, I went to the office and told them we were not staying and obviously asked for the whole money back the wife came down with a nasty attitude went to the room with my husband to confirm what I had said was true got back to the office spoke in hindu and told the husband there was nothing there!! Im Portuguese descended but I worked 7 years with an Indian doctor so I UNDERSTAND A LITTLE HINDU...She told the husband I was a lying [--] and there was no blood there... I told her WHAT YOU MEAN THERE'S NO BLOOD THERE I'LL SHOW YOU EXACTLY WHERE IT IS!!! Back in the room found the stain and she had the NERVE to tell me Oh that's on the bottom it won't touch you!
I was a medical and dental assistant for 8 years and I KNOW the risk and danger of contact with blood specially unknown blood!!
I was not expecting luxuries but I've stayed at many motels before and the only thing I do ask for is HYGIENE.
We did got the full amount of money back but only after I threatened them with police and health department... It was a discussing place... They don't change covers or sheets they had "sex" and sweat smell on! Seriously Im not a picky person I'll sleep on the floor with no pillow if I have to but CLEAN pleaseee... I actually have pictures of it to prove it you may email me jmsb8483 at gmail. com and do NOT GO THERE, IF YOU DO CHECK YOU ROOM AND BED BEFORE ANYTHING!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
10  Thank Sagitarios2514
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I too was also hesitant to stay at the aquastar and came to R.I. without a hotel reservation after seeing this one on-line and being nervous because of the reviews. After driving around for a while and viewing other options I went back and gave it a try as it looked decent from the outside. I found the staff friendly and the room acceptable. It was what I expeceted from a motel near the beach. We did not have a phone in our room and when re-reading the website saw that it said micro-fridge (meaning small fridge) and not microwave. We did not try to continental breakfast as we had brought cereal for the room. I found the location convenient and having the pool a plus. While there were a few bugs that could have been skimmed off the top the pool was fine and I did observe a staff member adding chlorine after our swim in the evening. My family and I are planning on returning for another weekend soon.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Dawn M
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Was a little scared to stay here after reading all of the reviews, but if you are looking for a decent cheap place, this is the spot. The rooms are what you will find at any typical motel,but are definitely not as bad as the other reviews had said. They have a swimming pool, hot tub and bon fire areas. The staff was very understanding and allowed us to have a great time. This place is not half as bad as all of these reviews.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christina F
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We arrived in Rhode Island with no reservations at all. My husband saw this motel and stopped and inquired about vacancy. I had my reservatons. We booked the room for 3 nites. The room was very outdated but clean. What made up for it was the hospitality from the owners. They were very nice and told us alot about the area. They even built a fire for us at nite, and we all ate lobsters and clams together. The pool was spotless and the grounds were nice. I would stay there again. They are really trying to come back from a devastating fired they had. We if you want to save some cash for the rest of your trip you can do so here and still stay comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Donald B
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Stayed here 4/3/11 horrible. Changed rooms to get off road. Pulled back sheets to find dried puke on the matress. When the wench owner came to the room it was with a barbrawl attitude and demended to see the problem. After seeing the puke she said people get sick here all the time. Changed rooms to a room with a completely broken bed that sagged close to 6" in the center, really sucked. The todler aged children are running around basically unattended and with their trailer park attitudes no wonder. Dirty, smelly and therer was sand all over the floor they just "cleaned". I can fully attest that these other reviews are accurate and would drive back home to central Connecticut for the night before staying at this dump again. Actually the dumpster behind Benny"s would be a better stay!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank mike t
aquastar, Manager at Aquastar Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2012

Sir, I do apologize for some yellow spot on sheet because it was overlooked by my newly trained housekeeper and at the same I time I offered to change the Bed sheet and also offered to change the room. But sir you have requested not to stay and all I said is I will give you full refund for not staying here which I did. I wasn't even rude, I just asked to let me check the room which I am supposed to make sure room is not been used. Again be respectful, we have 1687 rooms rented last summer in 2011 without any complains and they enjoyed it and promised to come back. Small mistakes can be corrected by giving chance operator to fix it.