“Next best upcoming restaraunt in southern those island”
Review of Haversham Tavern

Haversham Tavern
Ranked #7 of 144 Restaurants in Westerly
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Good food, good prices, the place is beautiful outside and in. Very clean as well. The people are good looking and great service especially the guy bartenders ! Definitely will go back very soon

Reviewed 20 August 2012

This is our second time in this very noisey restaurant. We have tried the bar and the dinning area and find both to be extremely irrating because of the noise. Dinning area was cold; we asked the waitress, when she eventually walked by our table, to turn down the air conditioning but she said that it was down. Thus we ate our so, so food shivering. We had the fish and chips and the spicy chicken wrap; appetizer was the nachos. Can't go wrong with the nachos; ample and tasty. The fish and chips were average as well as the wrap. The fish was bland with a thick batter that was equally bland. Our waitress was inattentive; the restaurant was fairly crowded when we went in (weekday; around 8 p.m.) but we were the only ones left in the dinning area when we finished.

1  Thank lifesgood83
Reviewed 11 August 2012 via mobile

My bf and I came here with my family to celebrate my 23rd birthday. The food was excellent! Fresh, full of flavor, and original. My father got a sword fish that was perfect he said bc it was so moist, I got the buffalo salad, my bf the buffalo wrap, and my mom the Philly cheese steak. Everything portioned out very well. They also have baked potatos, and sweet fries for and extra dollar. The owner was kind enough to introduce himself, and serve us desert. The cinnamon swirl desert was amazing! It's nothing I've ever had before you have to have it! It's fried soft Dow covered in cinnamon and sugar, topped with ice cream caramel strawberries chocolate sauce and whip cream! It was sliced like a pizza so it was easy to share. Their potato skins were to die for!

The location is down the road from Walmart and it's kind of hidden but worth finding it, and they have 80" tv's all over. It's wonderful for the whole family

Reviewed 29 July 2012

Stopped on a wknd nite to hear music/cocktail/apps, music was advert for 9 pm. Band wasn't even allowed to set up Til almost 10:20pm, some friends had to leave shortly after. Bar had tiny strip if seats, face the wall, waited almost forty five mins for beer, when served it was a tall mug that I did not want/expect, never told choices existed. Had to carry this behometh around for over hr while no where to sit/stand. Waitstaff rushing/no eye contact/bumping into everyone/everything. Awful atmosphere of "customers are in the way, and not wanted". I had plenty of $$ to be a purchaser of food and drink but felt totally unwelcome as not in big dinner party. Later tables all but empty and band set up; took a seat at one of the numerous empty high tops and was told by twos waiters that if I was only having drinks. Apps. I had to sit at bar. Sorry, already had stood w my back to friends and the room waiting for first beer 45min. I moved to bar though and never was offered menu or another drink. Around 11, bar staff changed, most staff went out on small back porch where seemed to be having a party with a guy the regulars said was owner(?manager) and whopping it up. Music started, sadly to mostly empty room and I left too. I will not be back. Cramped bar that isolates you from everything. Obviously dinner place--especially for elderly people-- but not for friends having a drink and bite. Staff shouldn't get it on while customers still sitting there,even if shift is done. Sketchy look.

2  Thank Attoqww
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I have dined here many times over the years and there seems to be many ownership/management changes. Most recently, we ate here twice in the past month. The 1st time was good although my veggie wrap had semi raw vegetables and was mostly zucchini. The clam stuffies were very good. We went back with friends last Sunday. It was a disaster. We arrived early (around 5:15) and it was getting crowded. We sat at a high top and ordered drinks and appetizers which came out after a short delay. The cocnut shrimp and clam stuffies were very good. Then we waited an hour (we know this since our friends daighter texted him when we ordered so actually could check the time that we waited for the entrees to come out) for the entrees. It was 2 burgers and 2 salads. I walked over to the kitchen door at one point hoping to catch the manager/owner and he wasn't coming out. It looked like there were a large amount of dinners sitting ready to come out but it was a slow process for some reason. There were plenty of people working, waiters, etc so didn't know what was going on in the kitchen. When the food finally arrived, my husbands burger was a dried up cold patty with congealed cheese on top with about 10 french fries. He didn't eat it. We asked for the manager to come to the table. He never came out. We asked the waitress to take it away and to please take it off the bill since it was horrible and he didn't eat it. She said the owner had to do that so we asked again for him to please come out. He didn't. She finally said the bartender could take it off the bill which she did. The salad I ordered was small for an entree salad. They don't serve bread which is odd. It was an ok salad nothing great. Our friends had a burger which he ate-didn't look that bad and she had an entree salad which she enjoyed in the taco shell. Overall a poor experience and for the manager not to come to the table when asked and when a meal is sent back is just plain poor. I don't know if we will go back.

2  Thank sunstarsun