“A beautiful place”

Weekapaug Inn
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Westerly
“A beautiful place”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I just spent two nights at this lovely establishment. The Inn is beautifully situated. The rooms are elegant and well appointed. While the place was full to capacity it never felt crowded. This is a testament to the dedication of their very attentive staff. On the whole everyone I encountered was incredibly friendly and helpful. I have also stayed at the Ocean House nearby and Weekapaug is its equal in many ways.
There are a few things however that keep the Inn from being a 4 or 5 star establishment.
Relying on an intercom system may be a cute nod to the past. But not being to call the reception desk and/or getting in touch with someone in another room is a modern day headache. Yes I have a cell phone but the reception was spotty.
I asked for a wake up call my first morning via the intercom which didn't happen. The next morning the front desk was extremely apologetic. And the second morning the call came without fail.
We ordered from the bar menu our first night. The waitress put the check down without asking us if we wanted dessert or coffee. We had to ask for a dessert menu. When the key limes pies arrived we had to ask to have dinner plates removed to make room for the dessert plates.
Also the walls of this Inn are very thin. This is an ocean house problem as well. My room was situated between two rooms shared by an incredibly loud family who spent the entire night shouting at one another. The staff were very apologetic about this the next morning. Apparently the guests in question were spoken to.
I didn't reach out in the night out while this was happening because of the intercom system. The intercom was against the hallway wall. If this family could hear me complaining they could have turned their considerable aggression on me. The hotel cannot predict how guests will behave. But putting someone between the rooms of two family members given how thin the walls are is not good judgement.
All of that said this Inn is worth the investment on many levels. I just want management to be aware of these incidents so that it can score even higher ratings in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Antonia K, Manager at Weekapaug Inn, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
I am very appreciative that you took the time to share some especially helpful feedback that will only help us improve our service and level of comfort. I am sorry for the mishaps that occurred during your stay, as that is not typical of our staff. I’m glad the problems you did encounter did not damper your visit and that you were able to enjoy your stay.

Innkeeper

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Arlington, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is a great place to relax by the beach. The inn is located on a large pond that offers a great place for kayaking, SUP, and sailing. The outdoor pool is fantastic. The beach is a short walk away. Breakfast is included. You will need to have drinks or dinner on the back porch. A great way to end the day. There inn is quiet, so if you are looking for a quiet and relaxing place to unwind this is the place.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Antonia K, Manager at Weekapaug Inn, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback! I hope to see you when it’s time to unwind next.

Westport, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We just got back from the most wonderful family weekend at the Weekapaug Inn. My husband and I were traveling with 3 college aged kids. There was so many activities like kayaking, high speed motor boat tour, fabulous beach, and even shuffleboard. It was such a pleasure that the kids were not glued in front of the TV or the computer. We really spent quality time together. The staff was wonderful. Mark, the naturalist, took on a high speed motor tour the 1st day. It was not only educational but also a complete blast. We were lucky to be there the night of the clambake, which was wonderful. We even got to make s'mores in a fire pit. On the second night be participated in the star gazing and had a spectacular view of Saturn. The beach was amazing. It was very peaceful and quiet. The beach attendants provided us with everything from chairs and umbrellas to shovels.
There is also a great outdoor pool on the property over looking the salt water pond.

We were very lucky to be in the Great Heron Suite. It was absolutely beautiful. I am an interior designer and very critical about decoration and furnishings. All I can say is that I would have moved into the suite forever if I could. We had the most incredible views of the ocean and the pond. The suite had two large bedrooms, a separate den, kitchen, dining room and living room. The pantry that served snacks and drinks all day was a great perk.

I have stayed at the sister property, The Ocean House, and I feel that the Weekapaug Inn is a much better choice for families traveling with older kids. There is so many activities for them to do. It felt like a luxury camp for grownups/ teens and older kids. Plus I felt the level of service was far superior.

I can't wait to go back.

1 Thank Beth T
Antonia K, Manager at Weekapaug Inn, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
You are not the first guest to describe the Inn as a camp for adults – we love that description and that so many guests truly feel like this! No matter the season, there is always plenty to do here, but always the option of reveling in the opportunity to do nothing but relax! I hope to see you and your family back very soon – you’ll have to try out all four of our Signature Suites and tell me your favorite.

Rydal, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Great place to take family on a vacation. The facility was beautiful, the rooms were very nice and the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. I would recommend this resort to anyone that asks without reservation.

Antonia K, Manager at Weekapaug Inn, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
I am so glad you and your family enjoyed your vacation. I hope you are all able to come back soon…maybe even make a family tradition of it like so many other families have done since the Inn first opened in 1899!

Westwood, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had lunch here. It was very nice. We have been to their sister inn at Watch Hill, the Ocean House and both of these inns are first class. The nice thing about it is the staff treats you like 1st class. We always enjoy going. It is a good place to go and treat yourself. Lunch or dinner!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Antonia K, Manager at Weekapaug Inn, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for letting us know that we have achieved our most important goal: making everyone who walks through our doors feel special. I look forward to seeing you back soon for lunch, dinner, or perhaps an overnight stay.

Stonington, Connecticut
Reviewed 17 June 2014

One of the little extras in my life is the role I play when I put on my "Justice of the Peace" hat and perform weddings. In that capacity, I have to opportunity to enjoy or maybe not enjoy some festive wedding "eats." Recently, I was a guest at a wedding at The Weekapaug Inn in Westerly, R.I. There were nearly 200 guests and it was a spectacular day all the way around. What made it even better was the quality of the service and especially the food. It's not easy cooking for 20 to say nothing of 200 but The Weekapaug Inn simply "knocked it out of the park." Enormous scallops cooked to perfection followed by a fillet that was so tender and cooked so well it begs the question...how do they do they prepare this quantity of food so well. My wife and I will be back when just the two of us can do it again.

Room Tip: A beautiful facility that's the perfect place to get away. Very intimate with a wonderful staff...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank repeiii72
Antonia K, Manager at Weekapaug Inn, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
We are truly lucky to have such an amazing culinary team led by Chef Jen. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words and I hope we see you at another wedding at the Inn very soon!

Groton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Attended my nieces wedding. The staff is phenomenal, the views are beautiful, the beach is clean with views of Block Island on a clear day. The food was excellent and presented beautifully.
It's a great place for families or couples..biking, walks and water activities. Didn't have a stuffy feel, felt very relaxed and would love to return one day.

Antonia K, Manager at Weekapaug Inn, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay while visiting for your niece’s wedding. I hope you were able to enjoy some of the many activities we have to offer during your stay, and that you’re able to come back soon and enjoy more!

Innkeeper
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westerly
Pleasant View Inn
#4 of 21 in Newport
Sandy Shore Motel
Sandy Shore Motel
#5 of 6 in Misquamicut

Been to Weekapaug Inn? Share your experiences!