All reviewsgolf coursevenice restaurantcontinental breakfastfree parking passenglish muffinfamily ownednice balconycomfortable stayrooms are comfortablebagelsroom was largeprivate beach
Reviewed 12 August 2017

We arrived via motorcycles an hour and a half prior to 3 o'clock check in. We were "greeted " by Norman Bates who, without a hello or a smile ☺ told us that out rooms won't be ready until 3pm. At 3pm we were again "greeted" by Morticia Adams. Again no smile . The TV remote grew legs and must have gone home with the previous occupant. It took 2 hours for a replacement to arrive. The continental breakfast was corn flakes, coffee ☕, juices, bagels, muffins, English muffins. The milk container was empty, the decaf coffee ☕ was empty. It's 3 miles into town for good restaurants. My suggestion, keep on going.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Robert S
Reviewed 5 August 2017

We have driven by many times while staying at much more expensive hotels. This hotel is very clean with spacious rooms, comfortable beds lovely balcony over looking a golf course. Pretty grounds, very nice pool. Parking and breach pass available. The coffee room had very good coffee, juices muffins cereal. Very nice. pretty grounds for walking and an excellent restaurant next door. We loved our stay!! Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2017

Just got back from a three day stay and we have all good things to say about this family run Inn. We never had a problem with anything there. True it is an older hotel but it is very kept up and clean. The grounds are a nature lovers dream. It's about a ten minute ride to the beaches and they give you a free beach pass. I don't know what some people are looking for. We will be back.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank Roberta G
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

If I could give less than 1 star I would. When we checked in, they gave us no information at all and were so unpleasant just told us room number and took our money! No smoking policy on grounds but guests were smoking at pool, under my room, and in parking lot. The hot tub was tepid AT BEST and although towels were supposed to be provided at the pool, only a basket of wet towels by the pool the whole 4 days we were there. Rooms totally outdated. Continental breakfast was a basket of English muffins and two types of cereal. This place asks as much as the other hotels in area but is terrible. When we spoke to the front desk about the accommodations all she said was ," Oh I am sorry, maybe the next time you come you will be happier". Are they kidding, I will never be going back there.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank busymomtraveling
Reviewed 22 June 2017

I booked a wheelchair accessible room for a night in June. I had wanted two queen beds, the standard room, for $189. I was told the only wheelchair accessible room was a king bed for $209, so I booked it.
We arrived and immediately saw steps to the desk to check in. We saw a ramp along the side of the building, so we went up it, but the door was locked. My wife entered the office and asked about access so I could go in, and she was told there wasn't any access. My wife pointed out the ramp, and again was told there wasn't any access. When she came out to tell me this, I was furious. When I booked the room, I was never told the office wasn't accessible.
Then we went to our room. It had a large lip at the door- maybe 3 inches tall. I could not manage it. We went back outside, and I had my partner go ask the woman at the desk to come outside so I could talk to her.
I told her the lip into the room was too high. She said isn't the ramp there? And she found a small piece of wood to put by our door. This made the door navigable but certainly not ADA accessible.
The bathroom was big and had a roll in shower with a fold down bench in it. But the shower head was precariously attached up high by the ceiling (I say precarious because it kept falling on my wife's head). There was no place for me to hang the shower head when I showered sitting on the bench. There was not a make up mirror, and the sink was so high I couldn't lean over it from my chair, so it was very difficult to apply make up.
The pipes under the sink were exposed - so I had to watch to make sure my knees didn't get burned.
The room was fine.. what we expected from the reviews, and there was a nice porch facing a golf course, but there were two steps down to the porch, so I could only sit by the door.
All of this was very upsetting. We spoke to the man the next morning who I assume is the owner in the morning. He was nice but blamed the pipes under the sink not being pointed on "the inspector" who never told him about it. The whole conversation felt awkward, because the man used a scooter himself and clearly had a disability, which simply amplified my concerns about accessibility. I asked for a full refund. He gave me 50%.
Bottom line, if you use a wheelchair (and can't walk) then avoid this hotel. The room they say is wheelchair accessible is not.

Room Tip: the wheelchair accessible room is NOT wheelchair accessible.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple