The Villa
US$95
Breezeway Resort(Misquamicut)
US$146
US$138
Sandy Shore Motel(Misquamicut)(Great Value!)
US$180
The Coast(Westerly)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsblue grottob beggs benedictin room jacuzzihot tubbed and breakfastwatch hillla salatuscany roomeach morningexcellent hostsget awayswimming poolbreakfast servedrhode islandthe main dining roomthe main house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 August 2011

A couple of years ago a good friend raved about The Villa, so when I was invited to attend a wedding in next-door Watch Hill, I knew where I was going to stay. And I could not have been more pleased.

Location: A stone's throw from the ocean and minutes to Watch Hill.

The Room: Larger than you would expect to find in the classic New England B&B--especially those near the beach. Tastefully appointed. Clean and comfortable. And the jacuzzi and huge walk-in shower came as big surprises. Pleasant surprises. Then there were the little things like having an iron in the room, a real blowdryer (not the mini-kind) and a fridge that all scored big points with me.

The Setting: One doesn't necessarily think "Mediterranean" when visiting the sea-side towns of New England, but The Villa makes it work. The tiled roofs, the exquisite gardens and dining pool-side all combined to make me feel as though I'd needed my passport to be relaxing at a European boutique hotel.

The Hosts: Barbara and Michael were welcoming, attentive and just the right amount of low-key. They gave us some great suggestions for dining and directions to everywhere! Speaking of dining, the breakfasts were outstanding. I "forgot" my diet for two mornings and had no regrets!!

Overall, a wonderful place to stay. Mille grazie.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Beachcat19
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Our room was one of the most expensive in the Villa. Things were not well maintained. Everything we touched fell off in our hands. The room was dark and dreary. The grounds, however, were pretty and well maintained. The staff was friendly. For the price we expected a better room. The bed was not comfortable and needs to be replaced.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
thevillaatwesterly, Owner at The Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2011

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate comments as they may all of be of use to us in increasing our excellence. The matters you addressed have been immediately rectified. However, the nature of that room is true to the authentic quality of its replication of a particular spot in Italy. Had we known its character did not suit you, we would have endeavored to move you to another room more acceptable to your tastes. As small business owners, we understand the importanceof attending to every detail, and despite vigilance, we may occasionally fall short of our own expectations. It is by the gracious communication of our guests that we are able to refine our hospitatlity. Please try us again!

Reviewed 28 July 2011

The Villa was the nicest B&B my wife and I have stayed in. Great location for the Westerly and Charlestown beaches. Excellent accommodations. Our Venezia room was a suite with a separate bedroom, living room and bathroom. Very nice grounds. Nice small pool. Free beers and sodas on the pool deck and free cordials inside are a nice touch. The owners are very accommodating and helpful. The food and service are excellent. Only negative for me was the bed was too soft - but my wife liked it!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2011

First of all, Barbara was awesome! She was very welcoming and made us feel at ease. I was very comfortable staying there to say the least. When we arrived we were greeted by Barbara. She really is a gem! She told us a funny story about the squirrels driving her crazy there and we had a good laugh before we went to our room. The Villa has a mellow atomosphere and it was easy to just relax there. It was such an easy going place. It was also helpful that with it being off season, there was only one other couple booked there besides us. We kind of felt like we had the place to ourselves. We stayed in the Tuscany room, which the pictures do no justice. I was a little bummed because I had wanted to the Verona room but due to construction it wasn't available. I was pleasantly suprised with the Tuscany. It was classy, romantic and comfortable. I thought it was great that they have bath salts, candles and matches placed around the jacuzzi tub. There were heavy spa robes in the closet for us when using the jacuzzi too. They really set it up for anyone to have a romantic visit. They have a pretty good DVD collection that conviently was right outside our door. The bathroom was obviously newly done and had a gorgeous tiled shower. I have never stayed at a bed and breakfast before so I don't know how they usually are run. I kind of expected to see more of the owners or staff but they stayed more in the background. I actually liked this a lot. I didn't feel watched or anything. They are there if you need anything but give you your privacy. It was nice to come and go or wander outside for a smoke in my pajamas and not have anyone see me. :) Another thing that had previously deterred me from B&B's was the breakfast scene. It was very nice to roll out of bed a mess and be able to have breakfast in our room. The breakfast was awesome! It definately wasn't a "here this is what we made, have some" kind of thing. It was carefully prepared and presented as if you ordered it at a resturant. Not to mention that they are great cooks! The food was great! I honestly didn't want to leave. The location is perfect. It's tucked away enough for it to be private but still close to everything. I can't wait to go back during the summer. The landscaping and outside appearance was lacking, but of course after this winter I completely understand. I am looking forward to seeing it in all its glory in the summer. Overall it was well worth the money and I feel like i'd be going to stay with an old friend the next time I go back. Barbara, if you read these, thanks for the amazing weekend!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DJM1184
Reviewed 12 January 2011

My wife and I have stayed at the Villa at least twice a year for the past 10 years. We have not found a more romantic intimate B&B anywhere in New England. Michael and Barbara are very attentive and friendly hosts, and Michael's flair for gourmet breakfasts is as good as you'll find anywhere.

Many of the rooms have jacuzzis with a gas fireplace -- it's the perfect place to work out all the stress. Each room has its own personality and all the furnishings are top quality -- The matresses are incredibly comfortable.

The beaches are a short drive away to go for long walks and/or watch sunsets/sunrises -- we like to go to Napatree in Watch Hill for the 2.5 mile walk out to the point and back. There are a couple of golf courses within a short drive. The casinos are just 15-20 minutes away if you enjoy a bit of gaming, and Mystic isn't too far away either.

We highly recommend the Villa for an intimate romantic getaway with some great food.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple