“"Outstanding Anniversary Getaway"”
Review of The Villa

The Villa
Ranked #1 of 10 Westerly B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 October 2011

This was the second year spending our anniversary weekend at The Villa in Westerly, RI. The accommodations were outstanding! The innkeepers, Barbara and Michael and their staff were very gracious and extremely welcoming. Our room was beautiful and spacious with wonderful amenities including a Jacuzzi and fireplace. The freshly prepared breakfasts’ selections were delicious. The inn is conveniently located to many wonderful attractions.
What a great place for a romantic getaway. We are looking forward to coming back very soon.

Barbara and Michael,
Thank you for helping to make our anniversary weekend a very special one.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank R S

Reviewed 9 October 2011

My husband and I were plannning a one night getaway for our anniversary. The Blue Grotto room at the Villa looked like the perfect choice with the in room jacuzzi, large shower, fireplace and only a two hour drive.
When we arrived Michael gave us a tour and took the time to show us how to use the controls on the lighting, jacuzzi and fireplace.
The unexpected amenities were great. Candles, bath salts, DVD library, complimentary cordials and cold beverages to name a few. The option to have a delicious breakfast brought to the room was the best.
After breakfast we decided to stay a second night and enjoy another evening at the Villa.
When we go back, and we will, I will go prepared to also make use of the outdoor jacizzi and pool.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank teresa n
Reviewed 3 October 2011

My husband and I made a last minute, one night, off season/fall reservation here following an earlier than planned departure from a horrendous inn on Block Island. I regret that I didn't listen to my mother's advice before booking our four day trip to RI, as she had recommended Westerly and the Villa for our anniversary celebration. Lucky for us, the Villa had a cancellation and we booked the "Tuscany" room for the night of our anniversary. Upon arrival, we were warmly greeted by Barbara, the lovely, interesting, and gracious owner. She gave good advice about area restaurants and we thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Guytano's. Our room was spacious, comfortable, immaculate, and tastefully decorated. The bathroom was updated, with a large, tiled shower. I usually shy away from jacuzzis in most hotel rooms due to concern about cleanliness, but had no reservation about enjoying the jacuzzi in this room. The inn and property grounds show great attention to detail, with amenities galore. For example, the evening cordials and pastries are a nice touch. We were given a couple options for breakfast and selected eggs benedict & asparagus, fruit salad, coffee, and juice. Everything was freshly prepared and delicious. We ate in the main dining room, but were also given the option of room service or patio dining. Many B&B's throughout the northeast inspire claustrophobia, or a Victorian inspired, rooming with grandma feeling, but this place felt more like an elegant Palm Springs resort. I usually prefer staying on the beach when I visit ocean areas, but will stay at Villa when I return to Westerly. The inn is a short drive to the area beaches and restaurants, 15 minutes to Mystic, and 35 minutes to Newport. We enjoyed all three of these destinations during our trip here. Can't wait to return to Westerly and the Villa in the summer. Many thanks to Barbara and the Villa for saving what was left of our long weekend, anniversary celebration. We returned to NY feeling happy and refreshed.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank talula09
Reviewed 13 September 2011

My husband and I went here for our 25th wedding anniversary. We usually don't go to B&B's but I wanted something special.....and I FOUND it !! This place is magnificent. Comfy, friendly, gourmet breakfast, beautiful grounds, gorgeous room. My husband asked if I wanted to come back and I said, NO. I want to LIVE here!! Beautiful.

Room Tip: You should check the site before reserving. Some of the rooms have a private entrance which is nice...
1  Thank sfrisino
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Breakfast was delightful and delicious! Everyone was friendly and courteous. I recommend this B&B.

Reviewed 12 August 2011

The Villa is a lovely and meticulously maintained inn with gracious hosts and friendly staff. The attention to a myriad of details was very much appreciated and we enjoyed a relaxing visit. The breakfasts were fabulous and we enjoyed ours by the pool each sunny morning.
Barbara was very helpful with suggestions for dining as well as browsing around the area.
We were quite impressed with the Villa and would happily return.

1  Thank eileen_bogle
Reviewed 1 August 2011

A couple of years ago a good friend raved about The Villa, so when I was invited to attend a wedding in next-door Watch Hill, I knew where I was going to stay. And I could not have been more pleased.

Location: A stone's throw from the ocean and minutes to Watch Hill.

The Room: Larger than you would expect to find in the classic New England B&B--especially those near the beach. Tastefully appointed. Clean and comfortable. And the jacuzzi and huge walk-in shower came as big surprises. Pleasant surprises. Then there were the little things like having an iron in the room, a real blowdryer (not the mini-kind) and a fridge that all scored big points with me.

The Setting: One doesn't necessarily think "Mediterranean" when visiting the sea-side towns of New England, but The Villa makes it work. The tiled roofs, the exquisite gardens and dining pool-side all combined to make me feel as though I'd needed my passport to be relaxing at a European boutique hotel.

The Hosts: Barbara and Michael were welcoming, attentive and just the right amount of low-key. They gave us some great suggestions for dining and directions to everywhere! Speaking of dining, the breakfasts were outstanding. I "forgot" my diet for two mornings and had no regrets!!

Overall, a wonderful place to stay. Mille grazie.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Beachcat19
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westerly
9 mi away
#5 of 27 in New Shoreham
Breezeway Resort
Breezeway Resort
#1 of 6 in Misquamicut

Been to The Villa? Share your experiences!