“Nice bar”

Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Wyoming
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Providence, Rhode Island
“Nice bar”
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Very nice beer selection, good service and very decent food keep us coming back. They have trivia a couple of nights a week which is pretty fun. We camp in the area most summers and the Wood River Inn is always on our list for a night out.

“Great place great food”
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

I was staying across from the WRI. Have been here 4 times, twice for dinner, once for lunch and once for breakfast. Staff is super friendly, courteous and goes out of their way to make sure you're happy. Food is really good and more than ample servings. Best fish and chips I have ever had. Their omelets are huge and delicious and their blueberry pancakes well....they are the size of dinner plates. Highly recommend if you're near by.

Visited October 2013
Exeter, Rhode Island
“Wood River Inn surprises me every time”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

If you're hungry and in or near Hope Valley (this section is called Wyoming), try Wood River Inn. We stopped in for a late night bite at about 9:30pm or so on a Saturday recently and it had quieted down quite a bit, but the band was still roaring in the bar area (where you can also eat, but not talk, I might add). So we could talk with our daughter, we chose the dining room.

The building has been modified, but the original tavern is all there, and the dining room looks old, too, but I'm not sure of the building's actual timeline, in terms of what was added when. But I do know that whoever is behind the kitchen door knows the craft and never shortchanges the patrons. The prices are reasonable, the portions big, and the food is just really good.

My husband gets a turkey or chicken club every visit and it's huge and fresh, with delicious crispy bacon. My daughter had a chicken salad club. They substituted mashed potatoes instead of fries for both, without batting an eyelash. I ordered seafood stuffed mushrooms and they were great, too. I've also had the specials, for instance, pork roast with vegetables, applesauce, and mashed, with pork gravy and I could barely eat half of it. On other occasions, I've had chicken fajitas and they were great, too.

The service is always friendly, but not always fast when they are busy, and there is often entertainment in the tavern on weekends. The bluegrass every third Sunday night at 6:00 is especially good!

• Visited August 2013
West Greenwich, Rhode Island
“Come as you are.”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

At the end of route three in Wyoming R.I. is a very nice place to eat. You don't need to dress up or break into your bank. The food is down home and priced right. Home cooking like meatloaf, Yankee potroast, and more. There is a country feel to each room and very clean. They have life music in the bar area. If yoou are looking for a nice place to eat that wont break the bank this is it.

• Visited June 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Worth a Visit”
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

I visited this Inn on my way to catch a flight out of Providence. It is conveniently located just off I-95 between Providence and New Haven. It is a classic New England country inn with a bar right out of "Cheers"--full of local characters and friendly bartenders. The prices are reasonable and the portions are large. I was torn between ordering the lobster roll and the fried smelts. I went with the smelts because they are my favorite and hard to find. I was not disappointed. They were large, plump and prepared just right. I had the appetizer portion that was more than enough to fill me up. If you are heading through Rhode Island on I-95, this is a great alternative to the fast food fare that is always present along the highway.

Visited June 2013