“Very romantic!”

Stagecoach House Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Wyoming B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 December 2009

My boyfriend and I had the opportunity to stay at the Stagecoach Inn while in RI for a wedding. We had the honeymoon suite which was so romantic with the fireplace and two person jacuzzi tub. We haven't been dating very long and it was our first weekend away together. It was amazing and we still talk about to this day. The charm and hospitality of this Inn is far above average.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 May 2009

We stayed here in room 204 on May 23 2009. Our stay was great. It was peaceful and relaxing. The pictures look exactly like they do on the website. Our room was extremely clean. Debbie and Ashley went out of their way to make us feel welcome and at home. Our room had a perfect view of the water. The homemade baked goods for breakfast very extremely good and fresh. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2008

My husband and I wanted to spend a weekend away for our 23 rd anniversary, without going too far away from home. We requested the Honeymoon Suite but it was reserved for one of the nights . At the owner's suggestion we stayed in a different room with the same amenities but a little different layout. We showed up to a beautiful decorated room with a lace canopy over the bed and silk rose petals leading through the room to the jacuzi. I believe all the rooms at this lovely Inn have remote contoled gas fire places- which are a lovely touch for a romantic weekend getaway.We took a tour of some of the other rooms available for ideas for future stays.They upper level rooms All have a beautiful view through sliding doors which lead out onto a veranda overlooking the Wood River. The staff is very friendly and make you feel right at home. We look forward to spending another weekend at this lovely location. We have stayed at more expensive hotels in Boston that didn't have the special feel of this Inn.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2008

This is my second stay at this Inn and I will most certainly stay there again. It is very convenient to The University of Rhode Island and I 95, only about half a mile off the highway. In that half mile, there are gas stations, restaurants, convenience stores liquor stores. There is a great restaurant across the street from the Inn. The hotel lobby is quaint and homey. The rooms are so lovely and cozy. Each room has its own gas fireplace, jacuzzi tub and view of the lovely river. There is a deck outside all the rooms overlooking the river. The rooms are modern, spotless and beautifully decorated. They even have free wireless internet in all the rooms. Breakfast was assorted cereals, fruits and an apple coffee cake that was out of this world. I asked for the recipe. My stay was so very comfortable. I highly recommend this B & B

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 24 July 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Stagecoach House Inn on our way to Newport, RI. We loved the inn with its historic feel and charming decor. The room was spotless and decorated to make you feel right at home. The french doors opened to a balcony overlooking the Wood River, and you could hear the waterfall in the distance. The weather was warm, so we didn't get to experience the fireplace that was in the room. I can just imagine the charm of a roaring fire and spending a cozy winter evening at the inn. There is a restaurant just across the street with excellent food, and it is in close proximity to Newport, but without the Newport B&B price. Since I live in Kentucky, I don't travel in that direction very often, but I would love to take another trip there someday and stay at this wonderful inn.

Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed 26 June 2007

Our friends stayed at this B+B and I wanted to report on how adorable it is. We met our friends here and had a little tour of the place . Deb, the owner, greeted us and was so friendly and chatting with us. She does her own decorating. The room was very clean, attractive, and had a personal touch. Each room is done in a different decor, and Deb hand -made most of the decorations. In the large hallway, there was a shelf with all her hand-painted bottles, bird houses, and "welcome" plaques. She even sells a few of the items in a mini gift shop in the lobby. We had a feeling of warmth as we strolled through this motel. The breakfast food was home cooked breads, fruits, as well as other typical breakfast items. I was anxious to book a room here in the near future it was so attractive and well worth the price.

Stayed: June 2007
Reviewed 30 September 2006

We have just returned from our Honeymoon in Hawaii. We booked with The Stagecoach House Inn for the night of our wedding and blocked off rooms, $350.00, for traveling guests. Upon blocking rooms at the advise of the owner, we placed a deposit for each room to be reimbursed or applied to our room upon booking. In July the block was lifted in order to fill the remaining rooms. At check-in my husband paid an additional $25.00 for the room later questioned at check-out. While checking out I was informed that we were not to be reimbursed for "non-wedding" guests, a fact that was not discussed when the rooms were originally blocked. Had this been disclosed and discussed we would have considered blocking off fewer rooms or working with other hotels. We ended up paying out of our pocket $375 for a room that we spent 11 hours in, having several guests that also lost their deposits.
We would not recommend staying at the Stagecoach House Inn due to their lack of communication and dishonest business.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank chell61480

Been to Stagecoach House Inn? Share your experiences!