“USMC Graduation”

Hampton Inn Beaufort
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Beaufort
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Although the hotel is being renovated, I felt it was clean and safe during my stay for my son's marine graduation. It is convenient to the road leading to Parris Island and only takes about 10 minutes to get there from hotel. The breakfast and free internet are priceless! If you don't have time for breakfast, they have breakfast to go bags which help defray the cost of food....

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Great hotel- the staff want you to feel like you are at home. Breakfast has so many items even picky eaters will find something- Very friendly and courteous. 10 min from PARRIS ISLAND. We had come in on a cold rainy night and Marie asked if we needed extra towels or blankets, she knew we had to be up early for the MotoRun and family day and said breakfast would be out and ready early except for the eggs and it was! Definately glad we chose to stay here!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

From the very first second walking in the door I was greeted by Elizabeth, she was very friendly and helpful about everything from getting us in our room quite quickly and easily to about any other questions I had. Being that the place is under reconstruction, I will not really say much about the rooms as for the most part they were very clean and the new USB, electrical outlets on night stand are very convenient. WiFi and TV worked well also. I hope that most of the remodeling is done to the bathrooms. (reason for 4 stars and not 5 )

Room Tip: If you can and are and early riser get an East room,
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Promised and reserved 2 queen beds and only got full. the check in wait was very long and a refund was not given. Too much noise from the next room.I would not recommend this place. The staff also stated that they did not find an item I lost, when I returned home (over 800 miles) they called and said they found it. I will never stay here again!

2  Thank Rebecca A
Adam T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Beaufort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Thank you for your feedback and please feel free to contact us so we can personally apologize.

Kind regards,

Adam Takach

Reviewed 24 November 2013

The staff helped us secure an accessible room so we could care for our son before surgery, then helped us find another hotel closer to the hospital when they could not accommodate us with similar accommodations. The desk attendant was extremely helpful, went out of her way to make calls and keep us informed. I am HHonors, but this went above and beyond!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Fine-looking building exterior, clean and well-kept grounds, and magnificent location and view on the waterfront. Very satisfied with the entire Hampton Inn Beaufort experience. Staff was extremely friendly and efficient, from the manager to the breakfast server to the room service personnel. On future visits to Beaufort would not hesitate to stay at this same hotel. Only (very small) disappointment was the condition of the carpet. It certainly was kept clean on a daily basis but appearance wise it was stained beyond repair. But, we were well informed prior to and upon arriving that the facility was undergoing routine renovation. Thus, the carpet issue is a moot comment.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I first have to say I'm surprised at the less than stellar reviews. I've stayed at this particular hotel before and was pleasantly surprised by all accomodations. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, the housekeeping staff did a wonderful job; the room was clean and tidy, and the bathroom was spotless. Breakfast, which is included with the room rate, is by far one of the best complimentary breakfasts I've ever had.
My son will be graduating from MCRD, Parris Island in January, and I've already reserved my rooms. This hotel is affordable and has everything one needs. This is all coming from an experienced traveler employed by a full service hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family