“Beaufort, SC Vacation”

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Augusta, Georgia, United States
“Beaufort, SC Vacation”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Although I had a couple of problems with air conditioning, I found the rooms well maintained and comfortable. Access to historical area was a short distance from hotel. Many restaurants available within a couple of miles.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Kearny, NJ
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I knew this stay was going to be good when the hotel called me ahead of time to confirm my hotel rooms. When I arrived, it was an updated Hampton Inn. I'm happy they're updating them because the last one we stayed in was very old and showed its age. They were able to give up 4 rooms, that's right, 4 rooms by midday instead of the check-in time. Do you even remember the last hotel who gave you the rooms, even if they were available at midday? Anyway it was a good stay and I'm looking forward to staying in another renovated Hampton Inn on my next trip.

North Carolina
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I thought the rate for this hotel was a bit much considering the location and small hotel. It was clean and the free breakfast bar was very nice. The room was ok albeit the a/c didn't cool down the room well enough. The bathroom was a bit dirty and the room was a bit dated. The business center was in a hallway so no privacy there, especially if you want to check on your bank account, etc. The pool is small, but my kids enjoyed it. When others joined, it became quite crowded, however. There is an Applebees restaurant in front of the hotel but we did not dine there as we wanted to enjoy the various local eateries in Beaufort. This hotel is located off of a very busy highway and it's very difficult to make a left to go back (main highway that takes you to the interstate and other highways to Hilton Head, Charleston, etc.). I had my children and we were excited to visit the beach. When I called to inquire the distance from the beach, I was told 10-15 minutes. It was at least 30 minutes or more! The hotel is close to the beautiful historic downtown area but not within walking distance. There is a drive-in theater somewhat close-by, but I didn't notice it until we passed it on our way out of the area. All in all a nice hotel, but I'd rather stay closer to the beach and/or within walking distance to the historic area.

Columbia, United States
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is usually a great hotel. Repaving the parking lot made this stay not up to par. I had to get up early to move my car and our room was called 3 times AFTER I had moved my car to see if we had moved our car.

Washington DC
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a USMC graduation. The rooms are over priced. The front desk staff was very nice, and the location is good if going to Parris Island. No real complaints with the room or property.

Pelzer, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Parking was below par for handicap Access, Room was remodeled but AC unit was Dirty/Moldy and Bathroom Fan Didn't work, Breakfast was par if you like sausage everyday but did have other limited items. Location was very good and Lobby was nice and inviting, always had coffee available

Bluffton, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Staff was friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Beaufort area. We used it for our Honeymoon and it was an incredible experience. I think the 200 character review is kinda pushy. I've tried to express my satisfaction in my own words and this is the only thing I feel is bothersome.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple