“Business Trip” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Columbia, SC, United States
“Business Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

Very well suited to the out of town business traveler. A bit pricy, but very nice property. Front desk a little understaffed in the evenings. Perhaps more of a divider between the check in/out area and the bar/restaurant. Would stay here every time I'm in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

tara_anderson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Beaufort, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for our hotel. We appreciate that you enjoyed your stay and I want to thank you for choosing us to stay with. We do get busy at times during the evening so I can understand where it may be a need for additional staffing. Although we try to schedule based on our numbers, we cannot always predict. However, we are having many exciting changes coming up next month with a project that Hilton is doing to all of Hilton Garden Inns. Our lobby will be completely different the next time you visit! I hope you enjoy the changes as much as we will. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Charelston, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

Enjoyed the stay here. I was very thankful for the pavillion pantry because of the hour at which we arrived at the hotel. It was well stocked and had many options to choose from. The hotel and rooms were lovely and clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for our hotel. We are thankful that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your kind comments. Thank you for choosing us to stay with and hope to see you in the future!
Beaufort, SC, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

Upon arrival, I was treated extremely well. When I entered my room, I could tell that it was clean and smelled fresh. I made a point to let the front desk know my satisfaction of the room and its upkeep. During the reservation process, I worked with a young Lady, she was very knowledgeable and experienced. Because of this latest trip's experience at your hotel, I will stay there on any future trips to Beaufort, SC. Thank You to you and the Hotel Staff at Beaufort, SC!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review for our hotel. We appreciate greatly your comments regarding our room cleanliness and staff. I will share your comments with our entire team as a job well done! Thank you for choosing us to stay with and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

In town for a friends wedding. Decided to splurge and stay at the Hilton. The front desk staff were very nice and efficient. Got to the room and opened the door and the first thing we saw was a big black stain on the carpeting in front of the refrigerator. Could never decide if it was shoe polish or black mold. Opened the refrigerator and there was mold on the back wall and it smelled bad. Of course, when we reported it, we were immediately offered another room. We were running late, so we declined, but the offer was there and it was genuine. Our only complaint is that we were offered such a substandard room in the first place. The hotel and amenities themselves were very nice, but housekeeping leaves a lot to be desired. There were lots of fingerprints on the stainless steel elevator doors and walls and there were many places in the halls that could have used a good vacuuming. It was an average experience and something I would expect from a lesser chain. We did get a personal e-mail from the manager when we arrived home apologizing for the room condition. We would probably give this hotel a second chance the next time we are in town.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JTH-SC
tara_anderson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Beaufort, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Hello,

Thank you for submitting a review for our hotel. I also thank you for responding to my emails regarding the carpet stain. Immediately after you reported the issue, I did go and look at the stain to be sure of what it was and how to properly remove it. As you can imagine, there are many substances that can dropped or spilled onto carpet that can prove very difficult to remove. In this case, it appears to be some sort of black shoe polish or something similar. It definately was not mold as we do not have that issue in any of our guestrooms. I also inspected the refridgerator as well. This appeared to be the result of the room attendant not completely removing the cleaning product that we use on a daily basis to clean and disinfect our units. Again, this was not mold of any type. I certainly agree with you that you should not have been assigned to a guestroom with a carpet stain and this should have been reported to us immediately by housekeeping. We take great pride in our cleanliness standards for our guestrooms and I believe that the front desk agent most likely wanted to assign you to a different room so that you would not be inconvenienced in any way while we took care of the problem. I appreciate you letting me know and I thank for choosing us to stay with.
Tara Anderson
Long Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Front desk could use some management training as there was no southern hospitality to be found there. Dinning room--at least for breakfast--was just the opposite--if anything too much. Hotel itself is a cookie cutter one just like any other Garden Inn. Shame on Hilton to be so bland in a town bathed in southern charm

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank WineLover38
tara_anderson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Beaufort, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for our hotel. I thank you for your comments regarding our restaurant staff. I truly apologize for your experience with our front desk staff. This is certainly not typical of any of our employees and how we take care of our guests. I will be meeting with our front desk staff today and during this meeting, I will share your concerns. I would like to apologize to you once again for the lack of hospitality from our staff. I thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope that you have the opportunity to stay with us in the future.

Tara Anderson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

When I first arrived to check in, the front desk staff seemed very disorganized & did not greet me immediately. They were very nice when I finally got spoken to, though! Our room was clean but did smell slightly sour, but I find this in many hotel rooms so no big deal. Turning on the AC fixed this problem. The bed was comfortable (Hilton Garden Inn beds are my favorite!) & our view was nice. The complimentary toiletries in the bathroom are awesome! Restaurants are plentiful in the area, & the drive-in movie theater down the road is a must see. You can't beat Bath & Body Works & Neutrogena products. We opted out of the breakfast because we saw a Denny's on the way into town & wanted to eat there, but I have had HGI breakfast before & it is very good. I'm sure this hotel was no exception. Overall, I was pleased with my stay. We would definitely stop here again, especially since we always stay in Hilton hotels.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank adpi1851
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review . We appreciate your comments regarding our hotel, condiments and the area. I do however want to apologize that you were not greeted promptly upon arriving at our hotel. This is always our custom to greet our guests and provide them with excellent customer service. Typically our front desk is well organized and efficient. In this case I do not know why we appeared otherwise. However, I will share your concerns with the staff and address them to find how we can do differently the next time and be assured that this does not happen again. I thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope you get to visit us again in the future.
Hendersonville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

No major issues here. Room was clean, beds were comfortable, TV had many stations, A/C worked and plenty of hot water. Stayed here two nights on a rewards stay (Hilton Honors). The only issues (very slight) was the walls seem a little thin. Folks next door kept TV loud until midnight or so, and I found it strange that unlike other Hilton Family Properties, it was never really acknowledged that I was an Honors member,except for the rewards stay. No two bottles of water, no invoice under door for speedy checkout. All in all, I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Hello,

Thank you for posting a review . I appreciate your comments regarding our hotel and thankful that you enjoyed your stay. I would like to thank you for being a Hilton Honors member and the loyalty to our brand. I am sorry that we did not properly acknowledge you upon check in as a valuable Hilton honors member. It is certainly our policy to do so and I would like to take the time to tell you that we appreciate you.. I have addressed this with our front desk staff to ensure that this is done in the future. I do thank you for choosing to stay with us and hope that you have the opportunity to stay with us in the future.