All reviewsfront deskparris islandnice hotelenjoyed my stayroom was clean and comfortablegreat place to staycommon areasin townshort drivecleaning staffmarine corpshome away from homeclose to downtownomeletsouth carolinahgilobby
Reviewed 21 October 2009

I was in Beaufort, SC for my best friend's graduated from Marine Corps bootcamp at Parris Island. This was a great place to stay, very clean...not a complaint at all. It was easy to find and just a short drive from Parris Island. I was uneasy about traveling alone for the first time but I felt very safe at the Hilton Garden Inn. Would recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 October 2009

Went down to SC for my sons Marine Corps graduation. I, along with my wife and 4 other children, found this hotel extremely clean, accessible, and affordable. We stayed for 2 nights. I asked for rooms side by side and was extremely pleased that we were given two rooms with connecting doors within. Really cool. The rooms were clean. The pool and hot tub were fun, and clean. Breakfast buffet was very good as well. The hotel is located on the main strip, (route 21 I think) and is only a short 10-15 minute drive to Parris Island. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Room service was great. A wonderful stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2009

We stayed here for a wedding. Big crowd because of graduation at USMC and another wedding. Breakfast was tough on Saturday because of crowd but it was still very good. They made sure they were staffed up for Sunday and there were no lines. Room was nice. Bathroom was small but OK.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2009

My wife and I stayed at this hotel April 9-12. We had a King Evolution Room. It was very spacious and well appointed. The bed had an air baffle system, so we could adjust the firmness of both sides. The room also had a large desk with lamp, phone, and internet connection. The bathroom was fairly large with granite countertops and a large walk in glass shower. The free shampoos, conditioner, lotion and mouthwash were great. There is also a nice hairdryer in the bathroom. There is a large closet, with an iron and ironing board. Since the hotel is relatively new, most carpet, walls, etc. are nice.
The lobby is nice and large with a see through fireplace and overstuffed couches and chairs. There was no valet service. Parking is free and during peak time can be hard to find a parking space at night. We did not use the pool or hot tub, but both looked clean and well maintained.
Inside the lobby is a small restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and a small menu dinner. There is also a nice Pantry with snacks, toiletries, etc.There is also a bar.
Even though our stay was nice, there are some items to keep in mind:
The food in the restaurant is tastey, but not 3 star. There never seemed to be enough people to run the lobby, restaurant or look into visiters issues. Not bad service, they just need to hire more people.
We did not know that we booked on the same weekend as the Parris Island Marine Graduations. You may want to call ahead to make sure that they have not scheduled one during your stay. It can get mighty loud in the halls, very early in the mornings as families leave to see graduation.
And finally, The hotel seems to be turned around backwards. The entrance is around back from the main street that it sits on. Also, it is hard to find the turn in drive from the main road. This could have been arranged a little better.
Altogether a very nice and enjoyable stay. We will be back!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2009

We stayed here one night while my husband was doing business in the area. Very clean rooms, friendly service and overall a lovely hotel. It is located about a mile from downtown Beaufort and unfortunately it is not walkable. However the visitor's center is across the street from the hotel and we walked there to get an idea of what to do while in town. At check in we were given two water bottles, a nice touch. My husband took advantage of the free internet in the room with no difficulties getting online. I used the business center to check email at one point and noticed that it was well stocked with shipping supplies, paper shredder, copier and lots of other items you might need while traveling on business. Due to my husband's Hilton Honors status we were given 2 free vouchers for the breakfast. It was delicious. They had everything you might see at an Embassy Suites plus waffles and minus the crowd. I was very pleased they did not charge me for my 2 children who only ate a bowl of cereal and a sweet roll. We checked out pretty late in the morning, pretty close to noon. We were never bothered by the cleaning staff before we left. We would choose this place again for sure!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family