“Would have liked to stay”
Review of Cuthbert House Inn

Cuthbert House Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Beaufort B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Would have liked to stay at this beautiful home but with the lack of pictures online I left message. An hour later I got a call back from a pushy, frantic woman (Mary Ann, I assume) that was offended or rude after any question I had about her expensive rooms. I would never think about taking my wife on her birthday to such a place where etiquette is completely missing.

Room Tip: Don't ask how many square feet are the suites or she will lose her marbles
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank foodsnobguy
Baywatcher, Owner at Cuthbert House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

We do not remember this conversation or this gentleman. if in fact it was me, then I sincerely apologize.It's interesting that he does not remember who he talked with and assumes it was me. I am surprised that Trip Adviser would post this. This person has never stayed with us to our knowledge..
One might only look at the other comments to know that we go out of our way to be cordial and accommodating.
Many times things like this are posted from competitors.
Mary Ann Thomas
owner

Reviewed 15 September 2011

One complaint - we wish that we had booked to stay for more nights than the single overnight stop on our way to Charleston. The Cuthbert Hose has everything to commend it - charming and helpful hosts, wonderful bedrooms, superb breakfast and an enchanting setting. I can recommend this this B& B to anyone seeking somewhere comfortable and relaxing when in the Beaufort area. Plus do not miss the social hour with your hosts and fellow guests.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John C
Reviewed 12 September 2011

What a delightful surprise...!!! We stayed three nights at the Cuthbert House Inn for Labor day, and the experience was incredible. The Inn accommodations were very elegant and close to shopping, The suite we stayed in was big enough for a small family reunion! Breakfast was different and very tasty each morning with snacks, wine or other beverages during the afternoon social. The owners had a vast knowledge of the best places to eat and with one phone call from them... you had priority seating! The homes in Beaufort are absolutely beautiful with great historic significance. I would suggest the boat tour on "Th Prince of Tides". Tons of restaurants, art galleries and varied gift shops with reasonably priced items. This town is a well kept secret!

Room Tip: Visit hte website.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We stayed here on the final night of our honeymoon.

A gorgeous house, and Jeff and Mary Ann were terrific hosts. Loved the social hour and the breakfast. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LukasH913
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I never choose to stay at a bed and breakfast because I find them a bit too intrusive; I like to be anonymous when I am on vacation. But when I decided to stop over in Beaufort for a couple of days before heading off to Georgia, I took a chance on the Cuthbert House Inn. I chose the Mariner Suite because I liked the way it looked on the inn's web page. The pictures did not do the room justice. The room was spacious (the bathroom was bigger than any I had seen in a bed and breakfast or hotel) and I felt like I was in a studio apartment. The room is on the ground floor so when you enter, you think you might be entering into a basement but don't be fooled. The room has plenty of big windows with nice white wooden blinds and lots of natural light. The bed is huge and comfortable. The room has its own private entrance and there is a private patio that has a water view but you have to look through the shrubs because the patio feels a bit underground. The internet did not work in our room but we could access it on the main floor of the inn. Breakfast was great and the owner of the inn was very friendly. The inn is within walking distance to the shops and restaurants of Beaufort.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank sevenstates
Reviewed 22 July 2011

This was our 1st B&B experience. It went so far beyond what we had imagined that we'll definately go back. It was much more personal than a hotel stay. Jeff and Mary Ann did everything possible to accomodate our needs. The food was excellent, the room was awesome and the history was overwhelming. The historic district and all the sites were within walkin distance. I would without a doubt recommend a stay here for the ultimate satisfaction.

Room Tip: I nosed around some and every room i saw was exceptional.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2011

For a 19th Wedding Anniversary getaway, My wife and I decided to go to Beaufort to relax and decompress. We researched the accomodations and found The Cuthbert House Inn. We called the owners, Jeff and Mary Ann, and were invited to stay in their Beautiful, Historical Mansion overlooking the water. The room was Amazing, as was the breakfast and complimentary afternoon wine gatherings. We love to stay at Bed and Breakfast Inns but I have to tell you....This place is UNBEATABLE!!! From the well adorned rooms to the picturesque views, but mostly due of the kindness of the owners towards their guests, there is No Need to look any further...Beaufort's best address is The Cuthbert House Inn!

Room Tip: Call Jeff or Mary Ann Directly to verify what's open...they are Very Helpful.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple