Cuthbert House Inn
City Loft Hotel(Beaufort)
Atlantic Inn(Beaufort)
Oasis Inn(Beaufort)
  • Room Service
All reviewssocial hourcoastal suiteother guestseastlake suiteb bfront porchhideaway roomvictoria roomcocktail hourgreat hostsowners and staffoverlooking the waterold mansionfrench press coffeebreakfast was deliciousoverlooking the bayshort walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 June 2007

We just got back from a 3 night stay at the Cuthbert House Inn and it was absolutely perfect! Upon arrival we were greeted warmly and promptly by Jeff. He then showed us around the home and up to our room. Social hour from 5-6 pm in the parlor offered lively conversation from both Jeff & Mary Ann along with wine and delicious treats. They made great suggestions on restaurants making sure we knew if it was only open for dinner. Mary Ann was extremely helpful with real estate information.
I truly felt as if we were visiting long lost friends.

One of the MANY great advantages of the Cuthbert House is the location. It is within a short walking distance to the best restaurants in town and the beautiful new riverfront park.

We stayed in the Federal Room with gorgeous views of the waterfront. It was on the upper floor and those rooms had access to a porch overlooking the water. In fact, it seemed that every room had an outdoor porch or couryard area in addition to the main veranda and beautifully landscaped main courtyard.
While we knew the inn was completely full, we did not hear one sound from any other rooms or the hallway.

In the morning coffee was delicious and ready for us to take up to the room, porch or library. I really appreciated the staggered seatings for breakfast. There were plenty of other guests to chat with but the dining area wasn't completly full. While we're on breakfast.... We had Pecan waffles the first morning, frittata (with buscuits and grits) the second and french toast the third. Each was accompanied by beautiful fresh fruit, sausage, coffee and a wide assortment of juices.

We were so thrilled with the Cuthbert House we are planning to visit again in October. Everything was far better than we ever imagined.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cabinqueen
Reviewed 12 May 2007

Cuthbert House B and B, Beaufort, S.C. April 12-15,2007

My son got married on April 14th at Old Sheldon Church and I had my entire family coming from other states for the wedding. This was going to be a family reunion and a very Southern wedding. I rented the entire Cuthbert House for us to stay in for 4 days. It set the tone for the wedding and added so much to the entire experience. There were 15 of us and we were coming and going at different times. Mary Ann and Jeff made everyone feel welcome and were always available for whatever we needed, even if it was just to chat. Cuthbert House gave us a quiet place to relax between events, and a central gathering place for other wedding guests. It was nice to be able to sit on the veranda, have a glass of tea or wine and just enjoy the great view of the water and boats. Breakfast was always good, and again, they had to accomodate 15 different schedules. The house is absolutely beautiful and furnished, so you feel as if you had walked into another era. We really did not want to leave. I would recommend staying here to anyone staying in Beaufort, as it feels like a different world and gives you an experience that adds to your vacation. I hope to go back soon, just to enjoy the Cuthbert House and Mary Ann and Jeff's great Southern hospitality.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank cbsva
Reviewed 12 May 2007

I spent 3 days in mid April stepping back to another place in time at the Cuthbert House Inn. My suite was very private and quiet...and beautiful. The bed was very comfortable, the room inviting and peaceful. I fell in love with the experience and really felt a sense of sadness when leaving...like leaving your grandmother's house. I felt pampered with freshened ice every day, wine and snacks at 5 on the veranda, a chaise on which to read or nap in the afternoon, a garden in which to sit and contemplate, a lovely cooked breakfast beautifully served (personal changes honored) with great coffee ready in the morning to enjoy in the little garden room with the morning paper or later in the dining room with breakfast. . The staff and our hosts, Jeff and Maryann, were the perfect blend of being available and invisible. They were friendly and informative and added to the feeling of welcome. We received friends in the magnificent sitting room after a dinner in one of the local restaurants. It was a great pleasure to have such a warm and homelike place to extend an enjoyable evening for quiet conversation. I wanted to "hold on" to the Cuthbert House experience as long as I could. I'll be back and am telling everyone I know about this place. It is like a secret you want to share with good friends. Virginia Beach, VA

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank VaKitKat3
Reviewed 24 April 2007

Came down for a wedding. The Inn is beautiful, rooms spacious and very comfortable, great views of the water, lovely verandas to sit and sip wine or ice tea "on the house." The proprietors were extremely helpful, and gracious. In a lovely location, we could have stayed for weeks, instead of only three days. Also a wonderful breakfast each morning with fresh fruit, juice, and goodies like eggs, grits, french toast, etc. The nicest bed and breakfast I've ever been to.

Reviewed 13 April 2007

We spent three nights at the Cuthbert House Inn in Beaufort, SC. Our hosts, Jeff and MaryAnn, were gracious and welcoming, and our room was VERY elegant. The bed was comfortable, the ambiance in the entire house was just delightful. We were celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary, and all the arrangements we wanted for flowers and champagne were handled exactly as we wanted them. Jeff and Mary Ann made further dinner reservations for us, and we found their recommendations to be accurate. The breakfasts were very good, served nicely in a lovely room. The evening wine and snacks time was very pleasant. Our hosts joined us, and made everyone feel welcome. We truly felt like guests, and we will return.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)