“Not bad for the money”

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Lavallette, New Jersey
“Not bad for the money”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We recently stayed here when we were attending my stepson's boot camp graduation at Parris island.
The price was right and the room, although rather old, was spacious and clean. I was very happy that a small refrigerator and a microwave were provided. So was a nice flat screen television.
The towels in the bathroom were small and very rough. Since they only provided two bath towels,(and they knew that there were going to be three adults in the room) I requested more. I was told that they were all in the laundry but would be ready in an hour. When I called 2 hours later my husband had go to the lobby to pick them up. Even then they only had one bath towel available at that time.
The free breakfast was not anything to brag about, but you get what you pay for and they made sure that it was open early so that we could grab a bite to eat before heading to the base early in the morning. They also extended my check out until noon, with no additional cost.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
florida
Reviewed 12 June 2012

my brother recently booked two rooms at this hotel. I wanted to put one of the rooms on my credit card and the other on his. I contacted the manager, Harry Patel and explained my situation. He was very rude initially, calmed down for a couple of minutes and then hung up on me. We subsequently canceled our reservations and re booked at a different hotel. This manager could use some anger management courses and professional courtesy manners.
We will never stay at a Howard Johnsons again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Beaufort hotels

North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 3 February 2012

This hotel is nothing fancy, but @ $50 for a king with fridge and micro it was a bargain. The room was acceptably clean and the location was good if you are visiting the military base nearby. The furnishings are dated and it is definitely a little seedy in appearance from the outside, but again, the price is a bargain.

Room Tip: Rooms on the marsh side afford the best view.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Rapaloosa
Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I come to beaufort every month for my business. I always stay here. Service is good and rooms are very clean. also good breakfast. it does not a five star appeal, but is just right for the money.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Torrington
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Hotel was very clean and even smelled clean. The woman that I saw everyday working was so nice and helpful everytime I had a question or concern. I was also really surprised to see the staff ALWAYS cleaning something. I loved sitting by the pool. The hotel was just a very peaceful and quiet place. Just what we needed and we had a very nice time : )

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer R
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 19 August 2011

This is the absolute worst hotel I have ever seen. Carpets should not crunch. There were hairs on our pillow cases and my husband wouldn't sit on the bed because he was afraid he'd get crabs. The smell of mildew was horrendous. The fixtures in the bathroom were broken, the walls were so thin I felt like Tom Hanks in that raunchy hotel his first night as an adult. Seriously, there were dogs barking, people fighting. There is no elevator and the steps were rotted through. There were roaches having drag races up and down the walls and the sliding glass door was leaking. The hotel was absolutely filthy. I told my husband I would sleep in the car before I'd stay there and we grabbed our stuff and ran. If you must stay there due to financial constraints, my advice is bring your own bedding and pillow, bug spray, ear plugs and a bible.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Cathy p
Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We are here for my brother who is graduating from Parris Island. I just love this property. couldn't wait to write about it. the view is amazing. pillowtop mattresses are very comfortable and the hot waffle I just had made my day. We are going to the base to see my brother now. have fun.

Room Tip: get a marsh view if available
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family