“Worth the money”

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Worth the money”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We stayed for the weekend visiting our family in Beaufort. It's little old, but very clean and good service. Pool was quite nice and its on the waters edge. It would have been nice if they had grill on the property.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed 2 September 2012

My entire family,about 20 of us, stayed in this hotel for vacation/Marine Corp graduation. The room on first appearance was ok I guess minus the mildew smell...but hey the entire family was there wasn't trying to complain too much. We all went out to eat came back to the hotel to find cockroaches in our rooms. I asked my other family members if they had this problem and they all said yes! That's just down right nasty! We had already pre paid for the rooms so we couldnt get our money back. When we checked out I was going to tell the manager about the room and he said "I only need your keys" I proceeded to show him a picture that I had taken with my phone of a huge cockroach and said "you all have a serious problem and it needs to be taken care of." He said "hmmm..thats odd this hasn't happened before..I'll let them know." I said "well its not too odd aparently you haven't ever walked down the hall nor into the rooms because my entire family,basically the entire 2nd floor is covered with them." It would've made it a little better if he would have said that he was sorry or even given us a refund but he didn't care so I suggest you don't stay here unless you wanna sleep with one eye open.

Room Tip: no good rooms...better off sleeping outside
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Beaufort hotels

Reviewed 19 August 2012

We stayed in the Beaufort SC hojo and it was by far the worst experience ive ever had in a hotel. Screwed around being charged extra at check in, afterwards onto room, headboard on bed was hanging off the wall, desk leg broken, sliding glass door handle broken, sink Faucet loose, shower Faucet we could move left to right 6", as if this wasnt all bad enough, I found 2 roaches! We went there to relax on vacation w our 3 month old baby and this made our stay far from relaxing.

• Stayed August 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I was charged an extra $118 on my credit card which was not authorized. I called the hotel to find out what happened and was told I would have to call back when the manager was back in the office which would be in a few days I should have known something was up when I checked in. The price the desk person wanted to charge me did not match my online reservation. It was about $40 more. Make sure you print out your online reservation so you have it when you check in. Same thing happen to my sister in law when she went to check in.. The hotel is nothing special. The hallway on the first floor smelled like cat urine. The key card they give you, NEVER worked. The rooms have an odor to them. The pool did not look clean. I would stay somewhere else, if you can.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank S D
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2012

This was the worst experience I ever had at a hotel. I should have known something was up when I saw the dead roach outside the entrance. Still, I treaded on. When I got inside the room, my girlfriend and I checked the bed for bed bugs, No bed bugs, but the sheets were filthy. It was like they hadn't been washed in months. I guess they were trying to compliment the room's mild dew smell. We tried to just get over that and enjoy our vacation. However, the hotel had booked a whole bunch of baseball players for the whole time we stayed. It was horrible!! The kids banged and yelled all night. The first night I was awaken by the kids I turned on the light and saw a roach crawling on the wall. So between the kids and the roaches, I just couldn't sleep. We kept asking the hotel employees to do something about the kids, but they acted like they were helpless. I constantly asked to speak to a manager, but he was never around. Therefore, my girlfriend and I never got a full night sleep throughout our entire stay. I would've just left, but I had prepaid for the rooms. We just had to suck it up. It was absolutely horrible!!! After we checked out, the manager called me and apologized. At that point, who wants to hear that? My vacation was ruined, you got my money and the baseball team's money, and all you could think to do is say you’re sorry. Give me a break.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kaaleeish P
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We visited the beautiful community of Beaufort to spend time with family that just moved there. I was surprised by the size of the room for the price. It was quiet and clean. The breakfast more than we expected. Overall wonderful experience was had by our family!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Lavallette, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We recently stayed here when we were attending my stepson's boot camp graduation at Parris island.
The price was right and the room, although rather old, was spacious and clean. I was very happy that a small refrigerator and a microwave were provided. So was a nice flat screen television.
The towels in the bathroom were small and very rough. Since they only provided two bath towels,(and they knew that there were going to be three adults in the room) I requested more. I was told that they were all in the laundry but would be ready in an hour. When I called 2 hours later my husband had go to the lobby to pick them up. Even then they only had one bath towel available at that time.
The free breakfast was not anything to brag about, but you get what you pay for and they made sure that it was open early so that we could grab a bite to eat before heading to the base early in the morning. They also extended my check out until noon, with no additional cost.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family