“Poor-would not book again”

Howard Johnson Inn Beaufort/Parris Island
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
texas City, Texas, USA
Reviewed 2 November 2013

My 18 yr old daughter, traveling for the first time alone, stayed in this hotel and was assaulted and verbally threatened by a "vagrant" in barefeet and not acting "right in the head" while going through the breakfast line in the lobby of this hotel. She was grabbed between the legs!
It was witnessed by the desk clerk and several guests of the hotel. Found out this "vagrant" had come over for "free" coffee from the bus terminal which is next to this hotel.
Was treated rudely by the desk clerk I had to call to find out why nothing was done about this and then treated even more rudely and yelled at by the hotel "manager" the next day when I wanted to find out why this was not treated differently or why the police were not called! My daughter filed a police report with the Beaufort police and interestingly enough, they made mention that they were aware of "issues" in "that location". So, if you decide to stay here, take your pepper spray and take some self-defense lessons. Watch your back!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank traveler100965
Aldie
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Your customer service at the front desk was horrible. Your hotel serves many many military families and its a shame that they have to deal with the older african american male in the front. He does not answer the phone with Hello Howard Johnson... he answers with "hi". he didnt program our room key for an extra day like we asked him and when i was checking in he was soo busy counting change in the drawer and didnt even look up to great me! We were in town to say goodbye to my grandmother who was dying of breast cancer and we will never stay your hotel chain ever again after this horrible experience.

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

1 Thank Chelsey R

Travellers are raving about these Beaufort hotels

Bloomingdale, Georgia
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The gentleman gave us a room key that wouldn't even let us in the building. We spent 20 mins outside in the cold fighting to get in before we went to another door. The front desk clerk was very rude at breakfast he told us how to get toaster to work the microwave was running to. No one could get it to work we asked for help. I will never return there.

• Stayed October 2013
Trenton
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I had made reservations for this hotel way in advance but upon arriving it still took over a half hour to check in. So many mistakes first they said I didnt have reservations so I took out my copy of confirmation and the found my room by my wyndham rewards # then they had 2 rooms for 1 night I reserved 1 room handicapped and smoking for 2 nights.After saying I made my reservations through Wyndham Rewards they gave me a room on second floor non smoking .I asked if this was a smoking room and the reply was oh you wanted a smoking room? so they changed that to smoking room still on second floor after all the time it took I wasnt about to stand there and change to handicapped.But the most annoying part all this was under the name Jennifer Murton instead of my name which is Katherine Martin even though they had my address and rewards number so I may not even get the rewards for staying which the last time I checked it was applied to my account. Once again I get cheated on reward points .The clerk at the front desk was quite irrated but I had nothing to do about that end of the reservation I was glad to bring my printed confirmation with me or I may never have gotten my room. The room on the other hand was a bit lower grade than I've had in the past. The bed was totally disgusting, it had brown stains all over the cover of the box spring and it was very uncomfortable it felt like the mattress needed to be replaced and the pad cover on the bed wasn't even the right size. It was a smoking room with no ashtrays.The floor in the bathroom was filthy and the tub had stains in it .When they came to get the dirty towels they didnt even leave us clean hand towels and and the other bath towel that they took .I have nothing else to say because it brings back memories that I dont care to remember but I will not be staying at that Howard Johnson again.

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

1 Thank Jennifer M
Hamden, Connecticut
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Hotel property is an older property, but maintained. We stayed here for my son's graduation from Parris Island. 10/08-10/11/13 The gentleman that checked us in was very friendly and helpful. When we arrived they just steamed cleaned all room carpets and halls had a nice fesh smell and our room was clean we didn't see one bug! House keeping did a nice job. Breakfast was good - loved the waffles! I would say here again.
Thanks - Ed

Room Tip: Rear rooms face the water