“Beautiful Place”

Ranked #4 of 5 Beaufort B&B and Inns
Euclid, Ohio
“Beautiful Place”
Reviewed 1 November 2010

My Husband and I went to Beaufort to pick up my son at the boot camp (Parris Island) A friend of ours told us about this Bed and Breakfast down there called Beaulieu House. We loved the website so we booked two night there. We where greeted at the door by Diann Corsaro she is the Innkeeper there. We brought our two son and the girlfriend of the son that was in the boot camp, so needed a big room so Diann put us in the cartage house. It was beautiful. Diann was very helpful to telling us where to go, where to eat and over very nice. She know we had to be over at the base early in the morning so she made sure we had an early breakfast. We watched the dolphins play in the water while we eat the breakfast. Our other son is going to Parris next year so I am hoping to stay at Beaulieu House again next year. Thank you for opening your place to us. We had a great time.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank BootCamp_2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Cleveland
Reviewed 18 October 2010

As an experience traveler, I must say that this B&B is BY FAR THE BEST I've ever been to. From the friendly greeting from the hostess, the homey feeling and impressive architecture and decor, to the ocean view full of wildlife and relaxing, quiet atmosphere, I felt as if I was on another planet and yet also close to home. I was impressed by the quality of the food, the hospitality, and not to mention the location. It is completely worth the price (only a couple more bucks than a hotel in the area), is pet friendly, and extremely accommodating. Across from tennis courts, 18-hole golf, swimming, and a quiet island neighborhood, this tropical getaway is one of a kind and a must-see!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 September 2010

My wife and I make it a point to visit the Beaulieu House at least once a year. We've had several relaxing stays and look forward to more in the future. Diane always has a warm welcome and a cool place to relax, on the banks of Chowan Creek. There's nothing that loosens us up quite like sitting under the trees with a glass of wine, dolphin-spotting or just listening to the murmur of the water. The balcony rooms are our favorites, but every one we've occupied has a comfortable bed and a soothing ambience.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 June 2010

It is unfortunate staying at this pretty Inn is not worth the price of the guest rooms. Upon arrival we were greeted by a large woman in a bathing suit with a towel wrapped around her waist. She did not show us around the premise, walk us to our upstairs room, and yelled between the first and 2nd floors for credit card info, all totally unacceptable. Our hostess also discussed killing snakes during breakfast, a real turnoff. She told us the ice machine was broken and did not offer ice from the inn frig or to store our beverages in theirs on a very hot day. On a positive note the guest room was very pretty, breakfast was good, and we enjoyed conversation with the other guests.

Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Southerner
Little Falls NY
Reviewed 3 April 2010

We spent 3 nights at this Bed and Breakfast on Cat Island. The beds are super comfortable and the large size bedrooms and bathrooms were great. The innkeeper left us in the great hands of her inn sitters, Grace and Jon, and we left as friends. Breakfasts were superb - a mix of healthy fruit, juice, large portions of varying breakfasts, coffee, tea. The quiche was fantastic. The Inn overlooks the intracoastal waterway and we watched dolphins during breakfast and a beautiful moon rise in the evening. There are ample areas to sit outdoors on porches and patios overlooking the waterway. It is such a pleasantly quiet neighborhood of residential homes, a golf course, excellent for bird watchers. There are friendly cats and a dog in the home - they kept to themselves but were ready to be friendly to those who were willing to pay attention. This was our first stay at a Bed and Breakfast and if they are all like this, it will not be our last. Restaurants were available by driving to Beaufort. The golf course had a restaurant within walking distance and it was quite good.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Baltimore,MD
Reviewed 28 March 2010

I recently spent 3 glorious days in the quaint town of Beaufort, SC, which is one of my favorite places to stop on my treks back and forth from Maryland to Florida. I usually stay in the historic area, but decided this time to try the B&B on Cat Island and I'm so happy I did. The Beaulieu House is on a beautiful waterfront site and is wonderfully peaceful. I loved seeing all the wildlife. And I thoroughly enjoyed the house itself, which is clean, extremely comfortable, and gorgeous. The innkeeper, Diann Corsaro, is so lively and fun to be with. She is an avid collector and I enjoyed spending time admiring her collections. The breakfasts were not THE BEST EVER, but were much better than average. I will definitely go back again next year.

• Stayed February 2010
Charleston, SC
Reviewed 2 December 2009

My friend, and mother of the groom ,rented several rooms at this incredible Bed and Breakfast for several of her family members and for my family. The rehearsal dinner was held on the grounds and the setting was spectacular! The B&B is located on a beautiful, deep river with outstanding views from the yard and from several rooms in the house. The Inn owner, Diane, was totally laid back and made everyone that came through the front door feel welcome and at home. She cooked breakfast every morning that was to die for. We sat around the table and had great conversations while looking out on the water.If you like a B&B experience this place is definitely one to put on your list.

• Stayed October 2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaufort
The Beaufort Inn
Hampton Inn Beaufort
Hampton Inn Beaufort
#6 of 15 in Beaufort
Hilton Garden Inn Beaufort

Been to Beaulieu House at Cat Island? Share your experiences!