“Has potential”

Hearth Wood Fired Pizza
Ranked #26 of 165 Restaurants in Beaufort
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Description: Inventive Eclectic wood-fired pizza served along with hearty Italian dishes, craft beers & wine in a sleek historic setting.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I hope to be able to give Hearth a good review in the future, but not yet. There were four of us and our entrees came out at different times, and even so my pizza was not hot. The food was good, but the kitchen needs to up its game.

Jennifer M, General Manager at Hearth Wood Fired Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

I apologize for your negative experience at Hearth. We operate from 2 separate kitchens which is why your entrees came out at separate times. We do stress that our servers make their guest aware of this when they order but it seems as though that wasn’t the case here.
Again, I do apologize for the lack of communication.
I do hope you’ll come back and let us give you the experience that we strive for.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It sounded and looked good from the outside, but we should have known better as we walked in when the hostess wasn’t sure where to put the two of us and then realized there was one table right by the door! The menu is minimal not a lot on offer, and be careful the pizzas don’t automatically have a tomato base to add moisture. I had the prosciutto and arugula pizza and there was no sauce on it. The prosciutto was very good, way too much arugula that they seemed to tip on top to hide the lack of sauce and minimal ham! Saying that the Parmesan on the pizza and on the arugula salad we had (very small size) was one of the best tastes. The waitress was trying to be nice, but took ages to get our water, then forgot my cider and gave my friend a tiny box to put her half pizza to go in. Even her margarite pizza had little sauce, and when she ate the leftovers at home the next day it still riding taste good (not sure what she expected ??!!??)
The bar area is definitely somewhere the locals like to catch up at but at $17 for my pizza and $13 for the basic pizza is a bit much. The best bit? My friend’s company and the Angry Or hard cider!

Jennifer M, General Manager at Hearth Wood Fired Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

I do apologize that your experience at Hearth wasn’t the one that we strive for. I wish this was brought to our attention while you were here so we could have had the opportunity to make sure you left with a smile.
As for our prices, we work hard to use fresh, local ingredients. The quality of our ingredients is important to us.

As for being pretentious, I can promise you that we are a small, family owned business just doing our best to serve food to an amazing community.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a hard time with the service at this place. It took over 10 minutes before anyone came over to the table after being seated. The pizza was only soso. On the dry side and sauce wasn't very flavorful. It also took a long time for them to return with credit card.

I apologize that your experience at Hearth wasn't the experience that we strive for. I wish this was brought to managements attention. Our goal is for all of our guest to leave with a smile. We have no issues with correcting our mistakes and making sure our guest enjoy their visit. Once again, I do apologize for your negative experience and do hope you'll return and give us the opportunity to turn this review into a 5 star.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

Wood fired pizza, full bar, salads are interesting. We enjoyed the pizza special and our family enjoyed the meaty pizza.

Joanne, Thank you so much for the great review. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Great pizza, pasta, great ambience, interior is very nicely decorated. Nice place to meet for dinner or lunch.

Jennifer M, General Manager at Hearth Wood Fired Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Thank you so much for the awesome review! We look forward to seeing you soon.