“Trip to Pat Conroy Literary Center”

Pat Conroy Literary Center
Ranked #4 of 37 things to do in Beaufort
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The Pat Conroy Literary Center educates and inspires a community of readers, writers, and teachers in and beyond our home in the South Carolina lowcountry. In honor of our namesake, one of America's best-loved writers and truth-tellers, the Conroy Center continues Pat Conroy's courageous and generous-hearted legacy as a teacher, mentor, advocate, and friend to storytellers of every kind.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 27 June 2018

It was wonderful! I had a little trouble finding the Center so I arrived a few minutes after closing time. The staff told me to take my time, and I met a wonderful lady who went to high school with Pat Conroy and she showed me her yearbook with pictures of Pat. My only regret is that I didn't buy anything because I have most of his books!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"visitors"
"information"

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Anyone who loves the writings of Pat Conroy should make a point of visiting the Conroy Literary Center in Beaufort, SC. The material gathered there is fascinating and the docents are well informed, helpful, courteous, and passionate about the Center. The Center is conveniently located in “downtown” Beaufort, a town that played a key role in Conroy’s development. In the SC Lowcountry, this should be on anyone’s “must visit” list. Ken Johnson, Louisville, KY

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Full of memorabilia from Conroy's life and writing. Lots of items with personal significance. Among southern writers he is a major figure, and the most open about his life. Here you feel like you have been allowed into his home. When we visited, his sister was there explaining the artifacts that include things like Pat's basketball trophies to the desk where he wrote to his father's (Santini) flight jacket. A small museum, but admission is free and well worth a stop for anyone who loves to read.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

A very nice tribute to Pat Conroy! I enjoyed my visit to the Center and discussions with staff. Enjoyed the various exhibits about Pat Conroy. I would definitely recommend a visit if in the area!