“Stop here for your Sunday Morning Meal”
Review of Shoofly Kitchen - CLOSED

Shoofly Kitchen
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Shoofly's Sunday morning menu is the only place to go in town. The rest of the week the menu is very good, but Sunday Morning truly Shines. The diversity is fresh, healthy, and makes you feel like you have greeted your day with a pleasant filling.

Highly recommended so enjoy the best option in town after Church.

Dan

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I've been a regular at Shoofly since they opened. I keep going back hoping this time I will actually order something different on the menu because it all sounds so good! The problem is it is so good It's hard to actually order something different. My favorite is anything that comes with their poached eggs and hollandaise, oh yeah! The hashbrowns taste like they have rosemary in them but I've never asked. I like the service; they manage to make me feel comfortable even when it's busy.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Perfect way to start our beach vacation. The staff was friendly and attentive. Coffee was great and the food was out of this world. Don't miss a fab breakfast at Shoofly!

1  Thank C M D
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

After reading these reviews, I cannot believe I was at the same restaurant. My daughter and I went to Shoofly Kitchen this morning, 7/3/13, at 10AM. There were only 3 other patrons in the restaurant. I ordered a Greek omelet with hash browns and biscuit and my daughter ordered the breakfast burrito with hash browns. We ordered water with lemon and I asked for orange juice. We received the waters promptly but waited and waited and waited for our food. The waitress came to tell me they were out of OJ. I said I was fine with my water. After 30 minutes, we received our breakfast. The Greek omelet was the worst omelet I have ever tasted - one bite and I was done. It did not have fresh spinach (which I expected because the menu said sautéed spinach) but instead what appeared to be an entire can of spinach or box of frozen spinach heavily doctored with spices. The biscuits were miniature but were the only thing I ate so they were great! The hash browns were also spiced - I had only 4 of those. The waitress then brought the OJ stating it had just arrived (perhaps they sent someone to the store for OJ and canned spinach). I informed the waitress I would not be paying for the terrible omelet but would pay for the hash browns and biscuits. The breakfast burrito was edible but not spectacular. My daughter ate half of the enormous portion and left her hash browns as well. A woman I believe was the owner came over to explain they put a lot of things in their omelets and said I would not be charged. When I went to the register to pay, my server did charge me for the hash browns, biscuit and OJ. I was happy to pay and get out. Perhaps since it is the day before the 4th of July the regular chef is on vacation, who knows??? But I cannot believe I was in the same restaurant as the others who wrote such wonderful reviews!!! Definite thumbs down.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

This restaurant had such a wonderful variety of Brunch food. I had the crab omelet and my husband had the sweet potato hash. Friends had French toast while others had lemon cottage cheese pancakes. Although there were other choices to be made we were all extremely pleased with our selections. The waitstaff was very helpful and we all agreed that we would have to go there again.

shooflykitchen, Owner at Shoofly Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am so sorry that you had such a poor experience. I am sorry that you did not like what you ordered and that it was not to your taste. Our Greek Omelet and Breakfast Burrito are two of our best selling items. I can only hope that while you were here you expressed your concerns to a manager and gave us an opportunity to rectify any problems you had. I would like to reimburse you for the rest of your breakfast. We are closed Mondays, but feel free to come by any other day. Again, I apologize that your experience was not enjoyable.