“Amazing Dishes that Change Seasonally”
Review of Maggies Pub

Maggies Pub
Ranked #57 of 164 Restaurants in Beaufort
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Very nice atmosphere! This year's visit had live evening music while we had dinner. Even without the music, it's a nice, friendly spot to meet locals of the area. The chef is amazing. My mother is friends with him and his wife (who is the hostess/manager). Menu always changes for seasonal, local produce. Always sustainable food is chosen for preparation. He even makes his daily soup with vegetable stock on days that he knows I'll be visiting :) The server we had was actually voted the best server of Beaufort in the past year. They always give a sample food the chef made at every visit. I go every visit, and I've never had a bad meal. I've had some of my favorites here.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

After our annual visit to Habersham, we found ourselves allured by the chalkboard signs at Maggie's Pub advertising live music on a Wednesday night. We were too early but enjoyed a hardcrafted cocktail and split the fish special, grilled halibut. It was excellent! The vibe is cozy and has an art museum-like twist. Prices were reasonable and the staff uber friendly. Located in a residential neighborhood, the neighbors were talkative and friendly too. We enjoyed it very much and would eat there again.

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I ventured from Hilton Head to try the food at Maggie's and check out the scene in Habersham, the idyllic little town inside Beaufort. The town is straight out of a movie set with a quaint Main Street.

We tried a couple of appetizers at Maggie's and especially loved the crab cake with corn shoots which tasted like the freshest corn on the cob you've ever eaten. The play on bangers and mash with fried mash potato ball was flavorful and we ate every bit.

I had the fried chicken and pancake which was an delicious combo and my wife loved her scallops with sweet potatoes.

After the meal Chef Richard Wilson joined in with the rest of his band. They play everything from 50s-80s and encouraged the crowd to sing and dance.

Try this place you will not regret it. Just leave 15 minutes before you arrive to check out the town too.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

referred from a waitress in town and boy was she right, starting with a telephone reservation and ending with music and coconut cake everything was top notch.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is a quaint little place located in a charming little town center. The menu is small but interesting, and the food is good. My dining partners and I enjoyed appetizers of teryaki shrimp and pineapple, and zucchini risotto, followed by entrees of veal oscar with sauteed kale, and halibut. The carrot cake dessert was out of this world. Give it a try.