“Dining in Italy has nothing on Griffin Market!!!!”
Review of Griffin Market

Griffin Market
Ranked #24 of 163 Restaurants in Beaufort
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: European, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Griffin Market brings relaxed elegance and a taste of Italy’s Piedmont region to the lowcountry of South Carolina. Situated on Carteret Street in historic downtown Beaufort, the restaurant features the culinary and wine expertise of Laura and Riccardo Bonino. The couple moved the restaurant from its original location in the neighborhood of Georgetown, Washington D.C. in 2011. Laura is a veteran executive chef whose talent has been featured at numerous fine-dining restaurants across the country. Riccardo is an accomplished sommelier and is recognized for his unique gift for pairing wine with food. Griffin Market offers seasonal fare made with expert refinement for dinner 6 days a week and lunch 3 days a week.
Reviewed 25 February 2013

After hearing rave reviews from our neighbors, my husband and I were anxious to try Griffin Market, so we called and called and no one answered. Finally a wonderful Italian accented man called us from his caller ID and was able to give us a reservation on Tuesday night. We drove in from the beach and had only a vague idea of where we were going. Finally, I let my husband out at a small building that I thought it might be and I parked the car. We entered a lovely little restaurant that had the feeling of the restaurants we visited in Italy. No one was hurried, the conversations were pleasantly humming, the staff was doing their job and the patrons were obviously having a wonderful dinner and enjoying every bite. My husband was given the wine list and we need a glass of wine for him to study it. Wonderful Italian wines to go with the most wonderful food I have eaten since dining in Italy. We can't stop talking about it. It was so so fresh and new to the palate for this part of the country. The food and wine were authentic Italian. It was so sophisticated and true to the Italian spirit and I can't wait to go back. The most beautiful three hours I have spent in ages!!!! The owner is so friendly and so helpful and you will want to hug him as you leave.

1  Thank 493bettyp

Reviewed 21 February 2013

Finding this was a challenge because of there is no sign but GPS guided us to a wonderful evening of excellent food & wine.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Beaufort has more than its share of good restaurants, but this is a really great one. It is small so reserve a table and plan for a meal of a lifetime. The setting is sophisticated, but not formal and the atmosphere is quiet enough for conversation. But the food and the extensive wine list, which features some very unusual options, are the reason to come. The appetizer we chose was a housemade mozzerella with roasted beets and a balsamic reduction. We followed that with the kale pasta and the shrimp on polenta. Absolutely perfect. The taste was fresh, original and delicious. I normally opt not to have dessert, but when someone gets everything else so right, how could I not? We tried all three of the offerings and they were exceptional. My personal favorite was the dark rum pudding with salt carmel sauce. The stuff of dreams!

I would also like to note the unusual offering of Majolini Prosecco. It perfectly suited the meal and as far as I know this is the only restaurant in the USA which offers it.

The owners are opening a market on Bay St. Look for it. These people have the magic touch!

1  Thank cmcfong
Reviewed 13 February 2013

My husband and I went here for dinner tonight and the service and hospitality far surpassed anything we have experienced so far in Beaufort! The food was absolutely delicious--fresh and authentic--and the atmosphere was cozy and friendly. My husband will not stop talking about the steak and mushroom dinner. My favorite was the kale pasta--soooo delicious and unique! Definitely a wonderful addition to what Beaufort has to offer. Thanks Griffin Market for a fabulous dining experience!!

Reviewed 11 February 2013

The food is outstanding! If you like eating authentic, fresh, terrific food then this is the place for you. I recommend reservation for lunch and dinner, just in case. The owners take great pride in their restaurant and I am so pleased we can have great Italian food in Beaufort, SC

1  Thank Ray and Dottie M