“A Very Nice Experience”

Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Beaufort
Norcross, Georgia
“A Very Nice Experience”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We visited between the 02/12 - 02/14 for my son's graduation at Parris Island. the people here could not be nicer. We checked in late in the evening, around 8 pm and they were very helpful by giving us local information on the graduation. The room was very clean. Yes it is a little dated but the beds were extremely comfortable and everything in our room was clean and worked. The lobby was so warm and inviting, with a country home feel. It was cold so they had a fire going and it added a lot of charm!
We did not get to experience the free breakfast but it was very nice that they kept coffee available in the lobby all day. I did not realize that this hotel had an indoor pool or else I would have come prepared! We also met a lovely young lady that worked at the Corps Store, Danielle, just down the road which was great because I was looking for keepsakes to buy! Check in and check out was extremely easy and fast.
The location is great being close to stores and restaurants and just minutes from Parris Island.
I really had a very enjoyable experience. Due to the weather, we decided to arrive a day early and spent one night at a different hotel. The hotel was more modern but the reception was not as warm or personal. So I was not as impressed with their service as I was with this one. I choose comfort and service over a more modern décor any day.
If you are looking for a great place to eat, you have got to check out Bricks on Boundry. It is just few minutes from this hotel and the food was fantastic!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Ron T, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beaufort West, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Redneck Fly, WOW!!! We truly appreciate your kind words with regards to the Property. The staff at the Country Inn and Suites, Beaufort, SC truly thrive to provide the Utmost in Guest Service as they display to all our Guests that southern charm we are noted for.

The Property is scheduled for a complete renovation but shall maintain the Country feel with the warm fireplace going on those cool, cold day we may have to greet our Guest along with the fresh baked cookies and of course that Welcome smile throughout your stay. I agree with your statement that the Staff is the true measure of a great stay along with clean rooms and all the amenities provided. Once we complete our renovations we shall truly capture for our Guests the only place to stay in beautiful Beaufort, SC by the Bay!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We knew this hotel was older, worn in and in need of renovation, but expected it to be clean. You have limited options when coming to Beaufort for a Marine Graduation, and I think this hotel knows this. Our tub drain was broke, and the plug set to the side. The drain was so corroded that if you ran the water, it would get nasty corrosion in water. The drain that was placed to the side was gross and slimy, as was the corner it was set it. The tub had not been cleaned. The sink was cracked and would cut you if you ran your hand across it. So, giving my baby a bath in sink was out. I tried to call the front desk, but the phone was broke. I went down to talk to the front desk and they did not seem overly concerned or surprised. They said they were fully booked and could not move us. They also suggested I bathe in another room of someone in my party! We are not close and I would not shower in their room.
They did come and fix drain, but around the edges of drain was still corroded. I was not going to give my kids a bath in there, since it hadn't been cleaned and the corrosion was still getting in water.
Later in the afternoon, we were by the front desk and heard them find a room for someone who came in with a reservation for the wrong day. Funny, because they told me they were fully booked!
The breakfast room is a joke. There is not enough room for people to eat in there. There was about 25 seats. The lady who manages the breakfast was very gruff and didn't like if people were in the way. There was a table put together with pillowcases for the waffle station, and she reprimanded us for asking for a waffle and not indicating that it was for a child, because she should have only gotten half. Not very welcoming!
Front desk was not helpful and I do not recommend this hotel. I paid for a room that I could not fully use, which is very upsetting. Nobody wanted to make this right.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Luckygirl539
Ron T, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beaufort West, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
As a new Management Company we knew of the challenges we would be taking on. The Hotel is scheduled for a complete renovation which will take care of the issues stated. I appreciate the kind comments from the rest of your Family especially that of your brother-in law who made a reservation for the wrong date who we then provided for a room we made ready as I was on the phone with the 3rd party web-site helping in the matter of getting him a refund so that he was not only paying us and that 3rd party web-site!

As stated we know of our issues and the Breakfast room is small in size but we try to accommodate all our Guests on Military Graduation with a 5AM opening so that before leaving for this special event we can offer a meal.

I am proud of our Staff as other surveys display their efforts with wonderful comments and appreciate when you stated that your issues were dealt with immediately.

I know that mentioned renovations will thrive to provide the utmost in guest satisfaction and am truly thankful for the guests who appreciate our efforts, care and commitment at this time.

Travellers are raving about these Beaufort hotels

Sayreville, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 January 2014

This hotel was a great place to stay while in town for my nephew's Marine Corps graduation in early January. We were greeted warmly while checking in for our stay, even receiving a phone call to our room asking if all was well. The two ladies at the desk went above and beyond with their courtesy. The room was spacious and clean, and the stay was extremely quiet. The breakfast room was very small, but eating in our room was a fine compromise. The rooms could use some freshening up in regards to the rugs and some furniture but, all in all, a nice place for a nice price.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Ron T, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beaufort West, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
We truly appreciate you giving us a 4-Star Rating as the Staff truly thrives to provide the Utmost in Guest Satisfaction. Your kind words shall be shared with the Staff and we Thank You for taking the time to write. We hope in the future if travel plans have you visiting Beaufort, SC you allow us to serve you once again.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Like most guests here, I was in town for my boyfriend's Marine Corps Graduation on Parris Island. This hotel definitely wasn't terrible, it just wasn't anything to brag about. My brother and I stayed in a Queen double room and it was pretty spacey. We had extremely loud neighbors, we could hear them going in and out of there room at 5 am, along with pounding footsteps up ahead (we were located on the 1st floor). I also did have an encounter with a creepy crawler on the wall....

I will say, there breakfast is AMAZING. Anything from muffins, waffles, cereal, bacon, sausage, eggs, fruit, great selection of juices, etc. And the staff members were all nice and helpful.
The pool is located inside, and it's pretty small. The front entrance is really cute, they even have little wallet pictures of new Marines on their walls (great support).
I would say, this place isn't the nicest in Beaufort, but it also isn't disgusting or bad. I would stay here again if needed.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Ron T, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beaufort West, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
We Thank You for taking the time to write about the Country Inn and Suites in Beaufort, SC. I appreciate your kind comments with regards to the Staff and our Breakfast presentation. With Renovations scheduled to begin we are sure with our comminment to our Guests we will have great feedback and 5 Star Ratings.
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 7 December 2013

My husband and I were so excited to come to Beaufort to celebrate our anniversary. Unfortunately, that excitement was gone after multiple problems with reservations and the lack of friendliness and willing to go the extra mile with the front desk and the way the manager acted especially at the end. The manager tried to step in and help by asking my husband to call Carlson to male sure he was not charged twice before taking another reservation. I am in the car just waiting, my husband comes to the car upset. (We have never had this issue before in our life) My husband has always stayed at country inn as he works for the railroad. I wish I could say something different, as we left (escalated argument), the manager let me know the nights would still be charged and the room was not even cleaned yet. The manager was furious with me, putting his hands in his pockets and turning away from me during our dispute. I work in an industry where we are to act professional and not show anger to consumers but sell the commodity of the industry by standing up for the consumer. This did not happen here. Two hours later we found another place to stay, where they apologized for the behavior of Country Inn & Suites.
Charging us anyway was vindictive and very unprofessional. The manager let his emotions override his hospitality because we were unhappy with the way the situation was handled from the beginning. This could have been avoided with a little better customer service and less pointing the finger that it was our fault the reservations were not correct. We are disputing charges now, and have sent a message to the GM. No response or reverse on charges yet, but in all fairness it happened yesterday, at 2'oclock. The manager and front desk clerk were the most unprofessional people I have ever experienced in hospitality.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank 2013Naomi
Ron T, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beaufort West, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
We at the Country Inn and Suites thrive to provide the Utmost in Guest Service and Satisfaction. We also accept that there are two sides to every story. The Guest stated they had a reservation that was made through the Carlson Web-Site which did not appear at our Property as the Guest acknowledged he made an error with his reservation therefore he basically did not have a reservation. Carlson made another reservation for him as the Front Manager located a room for their stay but unfortunately due our Military Graduation and the Check-Out of 72 Rooms their room would not be available for another 30 minutes. The Guest's wife then approached the Front Desk and became irate, pointing her finger at the Front Desk Representative face and certainly not knowing as she stated and wrote to Carlson that this Representative was sitting in a chair not understanding that she suffers from nerve damage and at times his requires to sit. As stated we tried to accommodate the Guests with a reservation and tried to remain Professional under the circumstances as our Brand supported us and am happy that they found accommodations that suited them. Our Guest Scores also indicate that we are providing for our Guests with the care, respect and concerns for which they display each and everyday!
Elgin, South Carolina
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Nice place to stay in Beaufort. We make a father/son trip to Beaufort 2 or 3 times a year for a weekend of fishing. We previously tried several moderately-priced hotels in the area, which truthfully, were not very good. About 4-5 years ago, we tried the Country Inn on a recommendation, and have been staying there ever since. It is perfect for what we need in a moderate price range. The rooms have been clean, and the staff is friendly. They are very accommodating with our parking needs and accessibility to the boat, as well as letting us leave a bag or two behind the counter after we check out so that we do not have to leave it in the car at the boat ramp…we have even been able to stay in the same ground-floor room next to the lighted back parking lot for three years running. They offer a free breakfast (not just a Danish or bagel) early each morning, which we can quickly have before hitting the water. Nice lobby, and breakfast area with a TV also. Friendly staff willing to help, clean rooms, easily accessible parking, and a free breakfast, keep us coming back. Many not so good lodging options in the area…but this one has been safe and reliable.
James Woodall

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank RedneckFly
Ron T, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beaufort West, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank You very much for taking the time to write about our Property, Country Inn and Suites, Beaufort, SC. It's been a pleasure to serve you on your trips to Beaufort and happy to accommodate for all your needs. We truly thrive to provide the Utmost in Guest Services for all our Guests and your writing is the commitment we display.

Again much appreciated and hope we can serve you whenever your travels take you back to Beaufort, SC. Happy Fishing!!!
East Rochester, New York
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My youngest son is about to graduate from Parris Island. I have been stressing over planning this trip... both because of cost and just hassel. After playing around with the Carlson website... I called this hotel directly and spoke with Courtney. What a breath of fresh air! She was wonderful and extremely helpful. We got all our reservations made... great prices... no hassel at all. I am looking forward to visiting the hotel for our reservation this December... looking forward to meeting Courtney in person and the rest of the staff. Thanks again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Ron T, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Beaufort West, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Truly appreciate your kind words with regards to Courtney as she is amazing in providing for all our Guests. You will find the entire staff devoted to making your stay all that you hope it to be as we thrive to provide the Utmost in Guest Satisfaction.

We also want to Thank You for the commitment your Family member has made in serving our Country which allows for us the Peace and Comfort in our lives.

We shall see you in December and please travel safe to Beautiful Beaufort by the Bay!