“Makes me love Beaufort even more”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beaufort
Two Suns Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 5 Beaufort B&B and Inns
Welcome, North Carolina, United States
“Makes me love Beaufort even more”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

My husband and I and our 2 friends thoroughly enjoyed our weekend stay at Twosuns. The 4 of us have traveled together for years and I must say that Twosuns is near the top of the list of places we will visit again! Patricia and Henri were excellent hosts. The house is beautiful and tastefully decorated. We felt completely at home. Our room, The Library, was most comfortable. And the porch..... Absolutely wonderfufl! The view of the bay was magnificent! And let's not forget the food! Delicious and not overwhelming. At some B&B's the hosts seem to think that you won't eat anywhere else all day so they give you HUGE breakfasts. Patricia and Henri prepared delightful meals that left us completely satisfied and ready to go for the morning and not looking for a place to take a nap! Only one problem and that was the lack of sufficient parking. But overall, our stay was memorable for all the right reasons!

Room Tip: The Library is handicappped accessible. There is one room with a skylight and one with a sleeping p...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Canton, Georgia
Reviewed 10 June 2012

This was my Wife and my first experience at staying in a Bed and Breakfast. We stayed in the Library and were very confortable. Henri and Patricia were excellent hosts and were very accomodating. Our first day there I mentioned that I had never has an expresso and every morning of our stay, Henri fixed me an expresso. We thouroughly enjoyed gettign to know Henri and PAtricia and learn about their facinating lives. Henri did his best to educate my "country" pallet with with his French cusine. My Wife and I spent several relaxing hours sitting on the beautiful front porch looking out over the Beaufort waterfront.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I have to agree with the other reviewers who commented on the rudeness of the two innkeepers. Any question was answered w a terse and sarcastic reply. They advertise a wine or ice tea refreshment hour daily. We had to request wine and were made to feel we were being done a favor. The other guests in the parlor were offered nothing at all. I often stay at B & Bs and have not experienced anything quite as off-putting as this was. There was no one in the parlor area except myself and the wife of another guest I had struck a conversation with when Henri rudely told her that her one piece of luggage MUST be moved.she nicely replied that her husband was bringing in things from the car and would get it. Henri promptly and loudly replies no, no, I mean NOW! She mentioned that it was heavy, but struggled to get it upstairs, while Henri, a healthy, strong man, offered no assistance. It was terribly rude and completely uncalled for as it was not blocking anything. The room was small and we could hear every noise made on the other side of our door. And........I totally do not get the big deal about the gourmet breakfast. Basically it was some type of a custard and a quiche type dish. I was very glad we had reservations for only one night and moved on to a much happier and hospitable inn for the remainder of our stay. I would NOT return.

Room Tip: Just don't go!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
14 Thank joybgunter1

Travellers are raving about these Beaufort hotels

Greenville, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 8 May 2012

We spent 2 nights at Two Suns in April, 2012. Our room, the Library, on the main floor, was well-furnished and comfortable, the handicap-equipped bath was well-suited for a disabled person; the shower was a bit cramped for a non-disabled person.

The view out the front of the inn is of Beaufort's beautiful waterfront, with sailboats anchored along the river. The walk to downtown is about 1/2 mile, a bit farther than my wife could walk comfortably.

I had two nice visits with Henri, the innkeeper, early before breakfast-time, and a nice visit with Patricia at checkout. Some have said they are unfriendly; I found the opposite to be the case. They will give you as much space as you demand, but as much interconnection as you want.

Breakfast both mornings was very tasty, and was enough, but not too much food. Both were unique, French-inspired meals that we enjoyed while looking out at the lovely view.

One thing to keep in mind is that at Two Suns, you will pay about $100 less per night than at the other places up the street, which makes it a very good value.

Room Tip: If the Library is available, you won't have to climb a long flight of stairs to the upper floors...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
High Point, NC
Reviewed 16 April 2012

If you enjoy a good glass of wine in a relaxed and quiet setting with a fantastic view, this is the place to stay. The entire atmosphere of the house is calm and inviting, the decor unique and nicely matched. Breakfast and coffee was good, and the host and hostess were engaging and pleasant to converse with. Also the music in the background added a nice touch to the ecclectic and comfortable setting. We were also able to get a good Wifi connection in our room. We came here for a romantic retreat, and really enjoyed our stay here; however, we think the relaxation found in the Two Sun's environs would lend itself to every other situation too. We will definitely be coming back to stay here on future visits to Beaufort. --Cris & Christina

Room Tip: The Two Suns has different themed rooms. You'll have to look at them all.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I read negative comments by other reviewers, commenting on the rudeness and poor service of Henri and his partner. I decided to give the innkeepers the benefit of the doubt. I reached out to inquire if Henri would consider an off-peak discount on the room rate, as all rooms showed open one week before my visit. Instead of a polite response that he was unable to offer a discount, but would be happy to take great care of us if we chose to visit Two Suns, Henri responded that I should book another inn. I guess they don't want business and continue to live up to the negative service experiences of many.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank TravelJ0y
twosuns, Owner at Two Suns Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
This is fallacious review. The guest wanted us to to match a ridiculous low rate offered by another inn. We considered the low rate to be a fabrication and therefore responded in kind. The demand did not warrant an elaborate respond.
New Philadelphia, Ohio
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We stayed 3 nights in March 2012 and had a wonderful experience. My compliments to Henri and Patricia for a beautiful home, wonderful accommodations, and amazing food. The view was spectacular and the locations was perfect. This is definitely a great place to stay. We will go back again. Thanks Henri and Patricia for a great stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends